Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:44:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to find if airdrop is fake  (Read 19746 times)
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 01:46:23 PM

This tip based only on my experience how find if the airdrop is fake

few months ago i encounter a fake airdrop using a telegram bot.
An airdrop bot pretending as a real airdrop of coin already listed on CMC
first i search on coinmarketcap from there i saw the legit site..
second i search the telegram group chat
and ask the admin there if its legit airdrop or not and they said its not legit an airdropbot using the name of their coin

another fake airdrop i see last month is bitair also asking for selfdrop to buy their token
i search the bitair website and i find it.i see the twitter account from there website
and i notice on there last post was november 2017 if im not mistaken,
and bit air ico sale was ended last november.

both of this type of airdrop scam i noticed they both collecting a member for their telegram channel and collecting follower on their twitter account.and asking for selfdrop

i hope this post can help some newbie to avoid to be a victim of airdrop with selfdrop

any other tip on checking if airdrop is legit?

Don't get offend with my opinion I think most of Airdrops are dump and wasted! You know why because they are irrelevant in the sense of how could you convert it with that amount. besides most of the time it has not more than $10 in value maybe if you hold it for years and hoping that the value will reach $100 dollars someday. but that's not a reality the truth is Airdrop was created to gain Followers for the specific ICO community or to create and Artificial Hype.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fly99

Activity: 421
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:04:53 PM

I think we can find some suspicious situations from their telegram group. They may ask investors to send Ethereum through a place other than the website, and always ask you to recommend it to your friends and promise high returns.

eye-con

Activity: 449
Merit: 102

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:18:07 PM

and ask the admin there if its legit airdrop or not and they said its not legit an airdropbot using the name of their coin

another fake airdrop i see last month is bitair also asking for selfdrop to buy their token
i search the bitair website and i find it.i see the twitter account from there website

both of this type of airdrop scam i noticed they both collecting a member for their telegram channel and collecting follower on their twitter account.and asking for selfdrop

i hope this post can help some newbie to avoid to be a victim of airdrop with selfdrop

I dont have enough knowledge to know if the airdrop is legit or scam, but as long as it is free, and the only thing you need to do is to sign up and become part of their community is fine by me.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
Theresaaa

Activity: 82
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:20:27 PM

Its hard to determine if the airdrop is legit or fake because some are looks like a legit because they make imitation like real airdrop so my advice to some airdrop fanatics do your own research about the airdrop you are going to participate to avoid scam.
putriliesma

Activity: 184

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:21:42 PM

I no longer want to follow airdrop because it will only waste time and the prize doesn't match my expectations, so I avoid airdrop and follow the bounty only.
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:33:24 PM

The only thing I know on how do you spot a fake project, airdrop is that they are asking for payment (ethereum most is most common). But I think you'll probably know if you read things like the whitepaper or ask for the experts' advice.

Snake9999

Activity: 415

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:34:56 PM

Maybe checking the contract address of this airdrop is a good way. Sometimes you will find that there are no tokens or other tokens in their contract address.If they don't even show us the contract address, then don't join them.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Kimskie12

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:41:02 PM

Thanks for the information mate, i hope it helps to those newbies and to those who experience to be scammed, i think if i can add i will just add that before doing or entering anything just do some studies and research first because if you are knowledgeable enough about this matter you can easily find those legit and scam ICO.
jahepahit

Activity: 866

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:52:36 PM

in my opinion airdrop is the safest and most protected from scams is airdrop which has a bounty or ico ... if only airdrop does not have a team and community that is very strong in telegram then in my opinion it is an airdrop scam

annaorlova

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:58:31 PM

First of all, I look at the award. If it is too big - this is definitely a reason not to trust this project. Usually, I do not participate in airdrops, where you just need to follow a telegram channel, and where they offer $20 for this manipulation. When a group is filled to 100 000, its name and theme changes. Airdrop is over  Grin
sumangs

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:05:40 PM

If they give you a google form then inside it there is a link that directs you to myetherwallet that ask you a verification code that your public key is legitimate, then stay out of it because it is 100% FAKE. It is hard to find legit paying airdrop nowadays since even cyber hackers are taking advantage of people's interest on collecting altcoins through airdrops.
gwaposakon

Activity: 854

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:14:12 PM

One way for me to spot if an airdrop is fake is if there are many details about the project is missing or not disclosed. Also, the details about the team running the project is important. Check if they have a telegram group and see how active the team, not the manager, in answering inquiries and answering questions about the project.
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:18:40 PM

Airdrops which ask you your private keys are the #1 fake airdrops. They claim to give you airdropped tokens equivalent to your ETH in your wallet and for this they state that you must share your private keys so that they can give you those airdropped tokens. But that is not any fork where you need to share the private key and hence it is scam and dont even ask anything, just move away from such sites or person. Another strategy that is used to fake peoples with airdrop is to ask for money! They state that for the confirmation it is mandatory to send some ETH to check valid addresses and thus get your ETH and these are obviously fake one.
nikonova

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:22:19 PM

You can't really know. The only thing you can do is a throrough research like read whitepaper, look at the team behind it. But we can't really know if it will be a scam or not.
Exforgant

Activity: 215

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:25:10 PM

I can say that you shouldn't waste time on finding out whether airdrop is fake or not as it is not worth it. Most of airdrops are scam or the tokens from the are worthless. So find something more profitable.
primeer

Activity: 883
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:00:40 PM

everybody has to be very careful about the projects. if project has a team with reliable and ambitious people, their airdrop won't be fake.
Davido1174

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:20:31 PM

I think we need to be more careful with airdrops nowadays as their are a lot of fake airdrops these days. Always make sure that the technology of the project that wants to do airdrop makes sense and also research the team behind these airdrops before doing it. These are some ways yo find out if the airdrop you are about to participate in is worth it
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:23:14 PM

Generally when something is easy to obtain without any effort, you must beware before try to trust.
Since altcoin is risky investment and you already overcome the risk than it's become your luck that decide your fate !
Of course nobody know for sure but the decision is yours !
tonywangg

Activity: 106

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:30:21 PM

Most of the time you can tell if it's fake since they will be asking for money.  Never use your real information in the forms either.   If you follows these rules it wont matter if it's fake or not.  Fill the form out and hope for the best. 
martinholly167

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:31:52 PM

In the cryptocurrency world, airdrop refers to a procedure through which a blockchain project distributes free tokens to community members, As a way to spread awareness to the relevant audience of potential investors and eventual enthusiasts, coin teams will, from time-to-time, do airdrops. if the project or the bounty isn't fake, most likely that the airdrop will be well distributed

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: