Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:34:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to find if airdrop is fake  (Read 19746 times)
dainoran

Activity: 664
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:09:23 PM

information is very helpful, most of it is fraud, but not all of it. I have participated in air drops but I never got a coin. in my opinion they only want to steal our identity or people who are trapped want to get a bonus from referral links, in my opinion we have to be more careful following the airway.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SinisterBountyHunter
Copper Member

Activity: 92
Merit: 0

● ● ● CryptoMarketAds &#

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 01:15:04 PM

Do not waste your time participating in airdrops that asks your information like private key. Because that might be fake and its a scam. And do not also be fooled by airdrop that is saying listed im cmc already. Because that is their new tricks.

Jercyhora2

Activity: 504
Merit: 23

Epsilon Omega

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2018, 01:39:12 PM

Using 2 different emails is a good idea to minimize the risk of being scammed there's any way scammer would do to get rid of your information.

That was I actually use to secure my account and information. Its very proven and tested. Just all you have to do is create 2 emails : 1 email for your important account such as social media like, facebook, twitter, bitcoin, eth, xrp etc. wallet an 1 email you'll be using for airdrops. From that strategy youre account will be prone for scammer and also hacker.

Just make your password different to your main email and make it more difficult to crack. Example : CrYpTOTaCtIC!?1232

It will take 1 zentillion years to crack that shit except you are trap in a phishing site. ROFL Cheesy
Cryppy_guyL

Activity: 325

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 01:49:35 PM

This TIP based only on my experience how to know if the airdrop is fake

Few months ago i encounter a fake airdrop using a TELEGRAM BOT.
An airdrop bot pretending as a real airdrop of a coin already listed on CMC

How i find out if they're scam or not?
First i search the name of coin on COINMARKETCAP from there i saw the legit website of that coin..
Second i search the TELEGRAM GROUP CHAT link from the WEBSITE of coin
Then i ask the ADMIN in TELEGRAM GROUP CHAT if the airdropbot i saw is legit or not and they said to me its not legit..the COIN that using airdropbot i encounter are using only the name of their coin.

Another FAKE AIRDROP i saw last month is BITAIR, BITAIR asking for selfdrop to buy their token
i search the BITAIR WEBSITE and i find it.i see the TWITTER account from there website
and i notice on there last post was november 2017 if im not mistaken, and bit air ico sale was ended last november.

Both of this type of airdrop are SCAM, I noticed they both collecting a member for their TELEGRAM CHANNEL and collecting FOLLOWER on their twitter account, And asking for selfdrop then dissapear after of ICO Sale.

I hope this post can help some NEWBIE to avoid to be a victim of airdrop with selfdrop SCAM SCHEME.

Any other tip on checking if airdrop is legit?
The post will really be useful for those who are constantly involved in airdrops, and there are a lot of such people. Yes, now unfortunately many such cases, which you described above. We must be more careful and better analyze.

Ruffian1314
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2018, 02:01:30 PM

I think we can find out if it is a fake or not if we research first before joining because thats what a smart people do to avoid scams and lose of money. Same thing in investing your money, just give time to research and study about an ICO project before putting your money on in so you won't regret in the end.
Volk-05

Activity: 434
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 02:09:42 PM

Honestly, I myself do not know how to determine a good airdrop from a bad thing, but if they then ask for the data, then I immediately withdraw from participation!
meldrio1

Activity: 1358

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 02:18:08 PM

Airdrop these days are trash many coins giveaways, but no project to run just to scam people, to know the fake airdrop just go their website, their ann thread, the social media, the team if none of these it's a fake.

Ilmiyati

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 02:19:15 PM

The easiest way to avoid airdrop scams is to never follow airdrop, why? Too much airdrop which only gives a little reward and is even worthless, 2. Waterdrop is a means of hype and soon after it will be destroyed and disappear 3. Airdrop now gives 5 dollars with excessive KYC
babykika2027

Activity: 715
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 02:34:05 PM

There have been many such airdrops, don't expect too much from airdrop, which is certainly like a bounty task, sometimes it can be deceiving, especially just airdrop that doesn't do anything. currently there is no airdrop that gives free tokens, to get paid more must do a lot of tasks, one of which is collecting refferall
stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 03:49:16 PM

Honestly, I don't even know how to track if the airdrop is fake or not, for the reason that I always joined airdrops without any hesitation on myself. I do it because there is no investments of funds in signing the forms and I don't join on self drops because I don't want to lose some ether on requesting transactions. I know that there are lot of people who joins airdrop/s and they all want to know how to verify fake airdrops.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Mikell556

Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 04:05:48 PM

Do not waste your time participating in airdrops that asks your information like private key. Because that might be fake and its a scam. And do not also be fooled by airdrop that is saying listed im cmc already. Because that is their new tricks.

I do not understand how you can spend your time on participation in Airdrop? Much more efficient to spend it on participating in bounty campaigns. Learn how to shoot video reviews and translate texts. Now they pay for it best.
ajdaj

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 04:10:14 PM

I do not understand how you can spend your time on participation in Airdrop? Much more efficient to spend it on participating in bounty campaigns. Learn how to shoot video reviews and translate texts. Now they pay for it best.
I am also very surprised that people are influenced by allplan air drop. Apparently no one reads information on Bitcointalk. Throughout the forum, I meet so much news and they are all negative with respect to this kind of activity.
Rogkim1

Activity: 262

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 08:02:28 PM

Airdrop is a very low income, which can not cover you even the commission for transfer to the exchange.
Take a better bounty campaigns. Buy a rank Cupper Member for a signature campaign. And you can also deal with those types of bounty, where there is no reference to rank on the forum.
karsy

Activity: 383

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 08:20:15 PM

As for me, I participate only in famouse projects's airdrops. For example, now it is airdrop from Stellar and I participate in it. Sometimes earlier I participated in Aelf airdrop.

maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2018, 07:46:07 AM

can't withdraw for any reason, then don't trust. if airdrop has provided a token that has been launched in the market exchange, you can trust it.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
zupdawg

Activity: 672
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 07:48:49 AM

Most airdrops aren't fake as you will recieve the airdrop tokens/coins but most of them don't have decent value compare to the effort and time wasted. Personally for me I dont look for airdrops

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
cleygaux

Activity: 656
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 07:51:26 AM

I think its easy to spot a fake airdrop first of all you dont have to send any ethereum amount just to receive because airdrops are free so no payment is required also you can visit the website and look for team members other scam airdrops just fabricated some team members images to become more realistic but its a fake team beware of it.
kauban2018

Activity: 271

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 08:05:01 AM

This TIP based only on my experience how to know if the airdrop is fake

Few months ago i encounter a fake airdrop using a TELEGRAM BOT.
An airdrop bot pretending as a real airdrop of a coin already listed on CMC

How i find out if they're scam or not?
First i search the name of coin on COINMARKETCAP from there i saw the legit website of that coin..
Second i search the TELEGRAM GROUP CHAT link from the WEBSITE of coin
Then i ask the ADMIN in TELEGRAM GROUP CHAT if the airdropbot i saw is legit or not and they said to me its not legit..the COIN that using airdropbot i encounter are using only the name of their coin.

Another FAKE AIRDROP i saw last month is BITAIR, BITAIR asking for selfdrop to buy their token
i search the BITAIR WEBSITE and i find it.i see the TWITTER account from there website
and i notice on there last post was november 2017 if im not mistaken, and bit air ico sale was ended last november.

Both of this type of airdrop are SCAM, I noticed they both collecting a member for their TELEGRAM CHANNEL and collecting FOLLOWER on their twitter account, And asking for selfdrop then dissapear after of ICO Sale.

I hope this post can help some NEWBIE to avoid to be a victim of airdrop with selfdrop SCAM SCHEME.

Any other tip on checking if airdrop is legit?
when the tip given is looking suspicious and is giving creeps towards giving out bitcoin. I think the fake airdrop will come out eventually especially when its time to decide the truth of it. When the staff is unresponsive and delaying the distribition. there are also ones that gave out coins just to have something to dump shitcoins
zabir.brutov

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 04:06:52 PM

I am only trusting the official announcements in the official social media of a project. If I see an Airdrop, I am entering the TG group and ask admins about this. If they approve it, feel free but in 70 percent of cases it is a scam.
malading

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 10:01:29 AM

Do not need to learn such knowledge, please give up the airdrop mission. It is ignorant to waste time. We have missed the opportunity to make money by airdrop, so it is impossible to make money now. Choosing to learn and trade is the way to survive in the future.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: