Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:04:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTOCURRENCY LINGO!!!!  (Read 202 times)
Andrea29 (OP)

Activity: 246
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:24:14 PM

HODL
A spin on the investing lingo ‘hold’ — Hold On for Dear Life. A crypto trader who buys a coin and does not see himself selling in the foreseeable future is called a hodler of the coin.
FOMO
Short form for ‘fear of missing out’. The feeling when you see a huge green dildo on a chart and you don’t own that coin, so you sell other shit to buy into it freaking out. As crypto trading is still very much driven by emotions rather than valuation, FOMO is a huge factor to consider when swing trading in crypto.
FUD
Short form for ‘fear, uncertainty and doubt’. Usually used in the form of “xxx spreading FUD again.”
ATH
Short form for “All-Time High”. Therefore it means the highest historical price of a specific coin.
WHALE
A huge player who has a substantial amount of capital. Whales are often the market movers for small alt-coins too due to their huge capital.
ALTCOIN
“Alternate coin” so it is everything other than Bitcoin (BTC). Bitcoin is the main index for cryptocurrency market. If BTC goes up, other coins go up. If BTC goes down, other coins go down.
DDOS
Short form for ‘Distributed Denial of Service’.
A well-timed DDoS attack at exchanges during volatile movements may be devastating as traders will not be able to execute any order manually and will be at the mercy of their pre-set, or the lack of, limit orders.
ICO
Short form for “Initial Coin Offering”, which takes a page from the usual IPOs investors know.
Coins bought during ICOs are usually sold for a profit when the coin first hits exchanges. This is due to the initial hype which increases demand for the coin.
On the supply side, ICOs create entry barriers as the buyer has to set up his private wallet to receive the coins from the ICO purchase
BTFD
“Buy The Fucking Dip” – When people are running around and selling because of fear, this is the time to buy.

Now you know😊😊✌✌

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
esportseco

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:21:54 AM

Thanks for clarifying the terms, now I know most of them!!!
Obing

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:30:31 AM

The best time to invest when the price is low. And yes, if an investor knows about your issues, then he can make the right decision. Because there should be a good idea about the cryptomarket if you want to get profits from the investment.
elosi

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:34:39 AM

This is very good especially to the newbies who are just getting into the crypto space to learn some of the popular slang in crypto space which will help them to understand what people are really talking about.
Teivion

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:40:32 AM

To understand the exact sitution of the cryptocurrency, we must have to know about each of these issues described by you. And if we knew these things, then we certainly have realized that low prices time is the best time to invest.
TungayETH

Activity: 201

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:25:34 AM

Yes, you're really right. To get the benefit of investing in cryptocurrency, investors must know about those things. If investors do not know these, they will not be able to understand the correct sitution of cryptocurrency market.
Tappertit

Activity: 146

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:34:59 AM

crypto currency is a huge field and there are many sectors of it , having update of ever single one is hard because of that reason we don't have much information about this topic but thank you so much for the updates we are really looking forward to know about your thoughts
overst

Activity: 226

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:16:17 AM

I think many people will find this helpful. These terms sometimes give people hard time to realize what it means. Now people will have better idea about the articles or writings that contain these abbreviations.
Lisedc

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:30:48 AM

People have been using this ’short-terms’ in writing posts, articles regarding cryptocurrency. I think this will be helpful for many of us, specially for the newbies who have less idea about the language of cryptocurrency talking.
NyxAssasin

Activity: 83

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:08:13 PM

This is a good article regarding the abbreviations that have been used in many posts. I think many persons will find this useful. If people can remember this terms, many posts will be easy to understand.
Sact

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:35:14 PM

These lingos are very special for cryptocurrency world. Without knowing these people will miss most of the fun of the market. These lingos make conversations about crypto more interesting.
cryptotezi

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 09:13:55 AM

I have seen many beginners suffers to understand these lingos. But i think these terms are cool and unique. So beginners must learn these lingos before participating the market.
VogueaNON

Activity: 99

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 09:22:35 AM

Thanks for sharing these lingos. This is really very important for newbies to know this terms. And this terms are really fun to use. The lingo “hodl” looks quite weird but it is really interesting.
cabron

Activity: 2814
Merit: 598

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 09:22:54 AM

It could be learned by new users over time when they finally have some tokens in their wallet. It ain't the full list so you have to add more of it like the word LAMBO as it had been used here.

MOON, MARS, burned and so on, there are lots more so DBAA.

platinov_and

Activity: 364
Merit: 110

SPOKKZ

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 09:41:38 AM

Some of these lingos I have heard before, but some of them I read for the first time here. My favorite lingo is HODL. Pretty interesting article that introduces newcomers to all lingos.

────────  SPOKKZ  ────────  
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── Join Pre-Sale
stealth.money

Activity: 561
Merit: 255

Going stealthy

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 09:53:11 AM

Moon - mooning!
Mar - mooning!
Rocket - mooning!
Train - mooning!
Choo choo - mooning!
Lambo - mooning!
Babe - mooning!
Bikini babe - mooning!
Benjamin - mooning!
Uncle Mao Zedong? mooning!

Vengland

Activity: 234

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 10:35:29 AM

Thank you for helping everyone in the community. I am quite sure there are people who have hard time understanding these lingos or short forms. They should definitely take a look at this post and learn their first words of cryptocurrency lingo.
BItCoinPidger

Activity: 162

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:08:08 PM

These are definitely helpful for the newbies and people who get confused with other old members using such terms very often. Almost 50% of the posts and comments in this forum have usage of such lingos in them. So, it is natural for someone who is new here to not understand those terms. Thanks for helping the community in such way!
VogueaNON

Activity: 99

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 05:08:37 PM

Thanks for sharing all these lingos, I wish I could find it when I was totally new to the community. It took me a good amount of time to understand what other members were trying to say or what these words actually mean. However, newcomers should see this post first before participating in discussion, it will help them a lot.
MorningTradeNeo

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 05:39:05 PM

Thank you so much for posting this. Surely, there are a lot of people who struggle with these shortened versions of the terms and it is a great help that they have a guideline to help them out in it.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: