Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:09:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Serious question (please reply)  (Read 77 times)
btc4peace (OP)

Activity: 444
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:41:35 PM

I am interested in the Art of Religion and its effects on our world.  With that said, most Christians and Muslims believe in a book of names of those who receive eternal life.  I have considered the fact that our sciences can filulfill many prophecies of the Hour.  Ie... The blind can be made to see, and the deaf to hear, and the lame are walking via medical evolution.

I also believe that we are not yet really alive in the sense that who we become on Earth is part of a growing process of the human soul.   I will leave it at that for now.

It is possible that one day, humans may discover how to transfer the consciousness of an individual from the human body to a more durable mechanism such as a robotic being. 

Or, perhaps to simply recreate a human from their full dna profiles.  A human dna profile takes up over 700MB of data but since variances beween individuals is less than 1% ... An individuals uniqeness is stored in about 4MB pairs of data.  Just add that to the basic human dna profile and you are you.

My question:

Would there be an eventual market for a blockchain technology to store your unique dna profile for future re creation?

Tamper proof blochain makes the profiles secure and it could be the book of life, fulfuilled by science.

I am more trustable than you.  Those cbags who trolled me can get bent.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tronghoa

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 06:39:50 PM

I have to correct your abit, a single gram of DNA store 5.5 petabits of data (700 terabytes). To store the same kind of data on hard drives - the densest storage medium in use today - you’d need 233 3TB drives, weighing a total of 151 kilos Cheesy
Back to your question, I think it impossible to store the dna profiles for future re-creation.
deviniter

Activity: 45
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:28:41 AM

I cannot predict this, maybe in the future blockchain technology can be controlled and tamed, so that the system can be clearly regulated by us.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 04:31:29 AM

Or, perhaps to simply recreate a human from their full dna profiles.  A human dna profile takes up over 700MB of data but since variances beween individuals is less than 1% ... An individuals uniqeness is stored in about 4MB pairs of data.  Just add that to the basic human dna profile and you are you.
No, you aren't. Consider identical twins, who have identical DNA yet are different people. You are not your DNA, or even your body. You are your mind. All of your experiences and memories as well as your personality, identity, and consciousness, everything that makes you you, is in your mind. Some say that the mind exists purely as function of brain activity, and that by precisely recording the state of all brain structures, a person's mind can be stored digitally. Others say that the mind has a non-physical aspect which many refer to as a "soul" or "spirit" which prevents it from being stored by physical means. In any case, storing your DNA is insufficient to recreate you as the person you are today.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Kennedie

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 05:45:42 AM

I am interested in the Art of Religion and its effects on our world.  With that said, most Christians and Muslims believe in a book of names of those who receive eternal life.  I have considered the fact that our sciences can filulfill many prophecies of the Hour.  Ie... The blind can be made to see, and the deaf to hear, and the lame are walking via medical evolution.

I also believe that we are not yet really alive in the sense that who we become on Earth is part of a growing process of the human soul.   I will leave it at that for now.

It is possible that one day, humans may discover how to transfer the consciousness of an individual from the human body to a more durable mechanism such as a robotic being. 

My question:

Would there be an eventual market for a blockchain technology to store your unique dna profile for future re creation?

Tamper proof blochain makes the profiles secure and it could be the book of life, fulfuilled by science.
something like that might happen. 20 years ago, ROBOCOP was just a hoax, but today we can find real Robocop.

however, no matter how much we want to make and live a human who has died, the core of man himself, the Spirit cannot be imitated. Physical is only hardware but the Spirit is software and the essence of life
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: