Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:54:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PLEASE, stop sending promo tokens!!  (Read 169 times)
jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:41:36 AM

What a shit this "new" way of promoting ico!

Marketing managers of ICOs, are u really thinking this way contributes to development of your project? NO. Your useless shitcoins are being perceived like usual SPAM. It's even more awful than Avon samples from desperate women.

Thanks for the listening to.

Are you mad? as long as these tokens are free that you did not spend effort, time and money to receive these shit coins then there is nothing wrong with this promotion strategies. It will always depend on us if we welcome this market strategy or not but i think no need to get mad and be angry that might affected our health and emotions. Check the BP then Cheesy
bitcoinm3ster

Activity: 409
Merit: 10

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:45:44 AM

Marketing managers of ICOs, are u really thinking this way contributes to development of your project? NO. Your useless shitcoins are being perceived like usual SPAM. It's even more awful than Avon samples from desperate women.

I am also in the situation like you. After doing some Airdrop and Bounty, my email has received lots of promo mails about Airdrop and Bounty everyday, and some of them are scams with purpose to steal my wallet account

mrPix (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 29

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 12:54:13 AM

Are you mad? as long as these tokens are free that you did not spend effort, time and money to receive these shit coins then there is nothing wrong with this promotion strategies. It will always depend on us if we welcome this market strategy or not but i think no need to get mad and be angry that might affected our health and emotions. Check the BP then Cheesy

Lol. You're right and I express my rejection to this strategy. Is it really that hard to understand?
inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 01:04:55 AM

what do you think?
I don't think there is a problem for me personally, things like this even though they don't have value but can decorate your wallet address.
and hopefully someday it can become something valuable in the future.
Servinatimor

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 01:10:58 AM

Of course no one likes spam. But if you do not like, do not read spam, do not buy tokens and Avon products. it's our choice. we choose for ourselves what to do, what to read, listen or buy.
Ramtapsbtc

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 01:14:24 AM

This is their strategy of making their ICO popular to people. Out of a thousand people who got the token for free i think only a little percentage of them felt like you do and they will not change their style of promotion because of that little percentage that don't like. Just ignore.
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 01:24:00 AM

Yeah i have also received few promo tokens that are nothing but dummy tokens, i think icos should never send such tokens without prior permission or they should only send such tokens who have applied for them, i think this type of promotion is nothing but spam.
this is the same as airdrop, but without does not work or not apply, but gets coins. I've got it, just like you. coins with low exchange rates. but during 2 months, the coin becomes pretty good. and there is no harm in doing promotions like that.
Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 09:14:31 AM

I guess you're right. Look, I'm also one of those who were very much annoyed and irritated when they interfere my property. That is why I understand where are you coming from. Though, some are being glad in that way that ICO promotes their tokens, but most of their tokens are shitcoins and useles.
vladuch1

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 09:57:41 AM

Really! These promotional tokens are already tired. Almost every day I see new, unhelpful tokens on my wallet. I think that such actions can not attract the attention of any investor, but only annoy him.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 10:04:50 AM

What is so wrong in sending promos? If its free why not? Just like how they are giving airdrops I really think that is not a different way in giving them to the people, And if you don't like their shit tokens then I think you can sure ignore what is their trying to promote? Is it really that hard to just ignore it? And why lumping this to AVON and desperate woman? Do you really have issues in promoting or people that just want to make a living? I really think it is OK to have as many token there is even if they don't have any value for now Because someday they will be listed in some exchange and you will be surprise with its value, Or if not at least you can have a piece of their token, I think that is the effort of the developer in making it.

You said it well. As long as it does not cost me anything, if there is someone willing to send me anything that is free then by all means I will let it be. Giving away free tokens has already been a hallmark in cryptocurrency and people are so willing to do some tasks if required just to get the tokens available for them now many of them can just be shitcoins but there can be a few which will live up to their promises. There is nothing wrong with handling samples as long as there is nobody is being forced to accept it. We all live in a world where marketing strategies are everywhere and we can be targeted all the time by means of advertising...this is the reality we have to accept and we all have the power to say no without going berserk about it. I always people who are handing me samples or anything for free as I love freebies too and I know marketing.
sister1001

Activity: 237
Merit: 43

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 03:37:36 PM

I agree that these promo tokens are a PIA.  I dislike people hijacking my wallet with junk coins.  I for one will not invest in any project that attempts this type of spamming technique.  We need less spam not more.

Sure these are the worst, that possibility of sending tokens without any particular acceptance criteria is really nasty, but I guess is a little price to pay for freedom.
Nalbo

Activity: 870
Merit: 125

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 03:46:36 PM

Ethereum too should add the rule to add trustline before accepting any tokens. Where users has to manually add a token to accept it for receiving (and sending).
As the most of the ethereum address are public in various ways, people are sending useless tokens to everyone. Which clutters the wallet and make the interface difficult to use with useless listings.
mrPix (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 29

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 02:07:37 AM

Ethereum too should add the rule to add trustline before accepting any tokens. Where users has to manually add a token to accept it for receiving (and sending).
As the most of the ethereum address are public in various ways, people are sending useless tokens to everyone. Which clutters the wallet and make the interface difficult to use with useless listings.

totally support this idea
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: