Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 12:17:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt. Gox files for bankruptcy, blames hackers  (Read 780 times)
max. (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 01:39:38 PM

I think Mt Gox got their customers coins and they want to blame hackers for this.

-------------------

Mt. Gox, once the world's biggest bitcoin exchange, filed for bankruptcy protection in Japan on Friday, saying it may have lost nearly half a billion dollars worth of the virtual coins due to hacking into its faulty computer system.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/mt-gox-files-bankruptcy-protection-094811743.html
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 02:31:53 PM

I think Mt Gox got their customers coins and they want to blame hackers for this.

-------------------

Mt. Gox, once the world's biggest bitcoin exchange, filed for bankruptcy protection in Japan on Friday, saying it may have lost nearly half a billion dollars worth of the virtual coins due to hacking into its faulty computer system.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/mt-gox-files-bankruptcy-protection-094811743.html

I dont think so.
:-)

It would be like a shoot own head out.
HappyFunnyFoo

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 02:41:17 PM

Gox did go bankrupt, and the total body count is 850,000 coins - 750,000 customer coins and 100,000 of the exchange's own. Here's Mark at the Tokyo District Court at a news conference:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/28/us-bitcoin-mtgox-bankruptcy-idUSBREA1R0FX20140228

There's more, though.  Also, there's a $27+ million discrepancy in Gox's bank account.

7% of all bitcoins in circulation are now owned by hackers, plus any previous thefts.

Mark is "very sorry" Smiley
BitCoinsLOL

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 02:42:52 PM

French CEO Mark Karpeles bowed in contrition and apologised in Japanese at a news conference at the Tokyo District Court, blaming his firm's collapse on a "weakness in our system", but predicting that bitcoin would continue to grow

Mark you are the weakness!

I never thought my life could be. Anything but catastrophe. But suddenly I begin to see. A "BIT" of good luck for me. Cause I've got a golden ticket!
ReBoRn

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Bitcoin will survive

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 02:54:43 PM

French CEO Mark Karpeles bowed in contrition and apologised in Japanese at a news conference at the Tokyo District Court, blaming his firm's collapse on a "weakness in our system", but predicting that bitcoin would continue to grow

Mark you are the weakness!
his weakness give some bad time to bitcoin but now its must be out of trouble because Mark is out now with his weakness  Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: