Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:40:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adding new feature to search for forum members  (Read 103 times)
Hexah (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 05:21:40 AM

As I was lurking on YouTube searching for helpful videos made for bitcointalk, I just came across with this video https://youtu.be/2GdFPr6fq-s by Bitcointalk Account channel. I don't know what would it mean making that video but on the other side there is something shady in it (I suppose), but not to judge briskly on my part.

The archive of the video is here: http://archive.is/9RE99

I posted it here in Meta to provide more clarity but somehow it is appropriate on Reputation too (I guess).

What I want to implement is to add new feature to search for forum members (as the title itself says) not only limited to the search features as you can see on the image below:

I guess it will be helpful if it searched for on what we can see on every other profiles especially the one that could lead the most on the account that's been shaded thru an image.

It will be useful if you want to entrap someone who sells account because I've seen some account sells thread about it posting some shaded images that have the account information.

*I have found out some high trusted members in that video I guess the one who made it is just trolling or something but it should be investigate at hand.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 05:28:34 AM

If i would have to speculate why is not going to happen, i think is because there are so many users, so running a search on the database for some paramenter which is not indexed could take a lot of time and slow down the server, throwing error messages like we have seen in the past days.
Hexah (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 05:41:16 AM

Somehow I guess the best one to add or should be included the most is the date registry since it can't be edited. I've been through on https://bpip.org/ but this feature of searching for forum members base on date registry isn't there.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 3608

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 08:37:50 AM

In the past, it was possible to search for the account using the email associated with it, but it was used to hack accounts "Some old accounts use temporary reusable emails."
There is no advantage of that feature except more vulnerability to the databases of this forum.
Perhaps the only benefit of this feature is to check the accounts selling which is not against Bitcointalk.org rules.

BTW: Some of the accounts in that video are known, and you can identify their usernames if you do a simple search.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██