Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:54:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Ethereum’s Layer 2 Scaling is most likely to get the most adoption?  (Read 89 times)
vivinamie (OP)

Activity: 206
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:26:56 AM

There are many Scaling Solutions appear today,I did research but I was confused.
Which Ethereum’s Layer 2 Scaling will get the most adoption?

state channels, Plasma, sidechain,sharding?

omg,poa,loomchain,cosmos,truebit,raiden,counterfactual,So many projects, which one
will get the most adoption?

I know different solutions for different scenarios,
but i want know Which is the most used solution?
hope that the real professional will give valuable opinion
vivinamie (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:53:39 AM

up up
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 06:02:52 PM

I'm not really familiar with the ETH Layer 2 scaling proposals, but one thing is for certain: they are all in their infancy.

State channels, plasma, sharding, they all have yet to prove themselves in practice.

For example, state channels are very similar to what LN represents in the Bitcoin network. Side channels are an off-chain solution for improved scaling. Plasma is supposed to introduce child blockchains which are to coexist with the main (Layer 1) blockchain.

Sharding is not really a Layer 2 solution. It is more like modified Layer 1 chain, bringing a better scaling. We have yet to see how sharding functions or if it functions at all in practice.

vivinamie (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 05:23:48 PM

up up
BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 06:09:08 PM

Plasma is the most likely layer 2 scaling solution for Ethereum. It is still needing much more development but it seems to be the most plausible solution out of the other layer 2 options.

However, Sharding isn't a layer 2 scaling method, sharding is actual on-chain scaling. Sharding IMO will be the best solution over plasma, as it is true on chain scaling. There are a lot of problems with sharding though, so sharding is still a ways off. I'm worried that they will never find a solution to some of the sharding issues though, and sharding could just be vaporware. Only time will tell...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: