Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:28:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merchants Adopting Coins  (Read 340 times)
Asimmo (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 12:14:08 PM

Every month we are seeing various coins adapted/used for big merchants or retailers, but untill now no coin is dominant in this niche.

Yes, Monero - is Godfather in blackhat adoption but still - no dominance.
Nano - with it`s 0 fee and insta payments..
LTC - with it`s LTCpay and lightening network implementation..

What do you think, which coin is/will be more suitable for worldwide marchants, for trading various goods and service?
Do we see any of them - superior to other in the long run.

P.S. Please, let`s focus of quality/meritfull  discussion in this thread.
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:24:53 PM

If you asked me the same question one year ago, I would have said LTC was destined to fulfill that purpose. I really believed LTC is well suited for merchant payments due to its smaller fees, faster transaction times, and LN implementation. But now I'm not so sure any more. Monero has already shown its usefulness when it comes to totally anonymous payments, but I don't see it as being the main currency in merchant processors. Bitcoin is kind of reserved for larger payments, and alongside of it we definitely need a cryptocurrency for small and fast payments. IMO, it is still an open question about which one will dominate the retailers space. 
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:34:59 PM

I think Nano a currency that is still extremely insecure. I would never have the guts to use it for buying and selling. It is excellent as speculation and can turn out to be a great means of payment. But it's joke puts it next to Monero and Litecoin.

Litecoin was interesting. But it's just an experiment from an experiment. There is no reason today to use lTC instead of using BTC+LN directly. The fees are low.

Monero, really has a great quality. It's the only proven anonymous project, by design. I think it will have a long way to go. There is a lot to be done. Fee is high, scalability is poor and the wallets are bad. But with a lot of work, it will be very useful.
Asimmo (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:46:16 PM

butka
vit05

So, it turns out that LTC doesn`t have decent and strong competitor in it`s field as for now?

There is no reason today to use lTC instead of using BTC+LN directly. The fees are low.
BTC+LN is cheaper then LTC fees as for now?
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:36:28 AM

Every month we are seeing various coins adapted/used for big merchants or retailers, but untill now no coin is dominant in this niche.

What do you think, which coin is/will be more suitable for worldwide marchants, for trading various goods and service?

P.S. Please, let`s focus of quality/meritfull  discussion in this thread.

I do not see why you do not put there the most obvious option which is bitcoin, bitcoin is the most accepted cryptocurrency by far and the lightning network is going to make fees extremely cheap once that happens, there will not be any reason to use any coin except for very specific reasons like it is the case of monero and its increased anonymity.
lotfiuser

Activity: 1249
Merit: 295

Palestine

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 02:38:49 AM

litecoin if i have to choose between this coin cuz they are the oldest and they are very active especialy there ceo is really active on twitter

Free palestine
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 04:26:38 AM

~snip~
I do not see why you do not put there the most obvious option which is bitcoin, bitcoin is the most accepted cryptocurrency by far and the lightning network is going to make fees extremely cheap once that happens, there will not be any reason to use any coin except for very specific reasons like it is the case of monero and its increased anonymity.

Yeah, that's right, even with a regular fee I still using Bitcoin for a few merchants that I use (Microsoft subscription, Web hosting services [I'm using Namecheap], Mobile top-up [Bitrefill])
Asimmo (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 12:19:31 PM

P.S. Please, let`s focus of quality/meritfull  discussion in this thread.

How convenient is to use BTC in merchant/trade relationships?
What I have read is that it`s constant involvement in trading other alts - will make BTC difficult to adapt for trading reasons.

Also, do you know if current LTC is faster then BTC+LN speed?
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 12:31:59 PM

What I think the problem why merchants are no fully utilizing such altcoins right now is because of the market status. As we see right now the market is in a bit if a dump and some merchants do not want a mode of payment that is not stable and as we can see the market continuously fluctuates and they do not want that.
Asimmo (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 09:48:00 AM

What I think the problem why merchants are no fully utilizing such altcoins right now is because of the market status. As we see right now the market is in a bit if a dump and some merchants do not want a mode of payment that is not stable and as we can see the market continuously fluctuates and they do not want that.
Crypto Market will always fluctuate, does it me that it willn`t be adapted by merchants worldwide..
Is there any mechanism how merchant can protect it`s income, from the fluctuations? like: limited duration price (like they do now for non-local currency payments)
Any other mechanisms you know?
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 03:14:23 PM

Crypto Market will always fluctuate, does it me that it willn`t be adapted by merchants worldwide..
Is there any mechanism how merchant can protect it`s income, from the fluctuations? like: limited duration price (like they do now for non-local currency payments)
The only way to avoid the fluctuation through accept the altcoin that provide a very scalable blockchain. They have liquidated their altcoins just in a second to avoid the volatility.
It will be so difficult to determine which is crypto that suitable to be implemented.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 04:33:42 PM

Its great to know merchants are going with the cryptocurrency as payments. This has become a battle to other countries except of course with japan as we all know the crypto friendly country. Btc has been used and adopted by some countries. If not btc, the closest to that would be ltc i guess

Orsen

Activity: 163
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 04:39:13 PM

I think that the top coins will keep their positions and new projects will fight for the top 25!
Asimmo (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 10:33:35 AM

The only way to avoid the fluctuation through accept the altcoin that provide a very scalable blockchain. They have liquidated their altcoins just in a second to avoid the volatility.
It will be so difficult to determine which is crypto that suitable to be implemented.
I guess, what Bitbay is implementing now will solve this problem.
Pegging process, which make token stable and resistant from volatility.
ShareAccepted

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

Victorieum Digital Wallet Revolution

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 04:06:40 PM

Monero is very difficult to accept due to the privacy characteristics, it stands a very low chance of being commonly used. My guess is BCH or even ethereum.

Asimmo (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 08:37:34 AM

Monero is very difficult to accept due to the privacy characteristics, it stands a very low chance of being commonly used. My guess is BCH or even ethereum.
BCH is a clone, therefore very low chance it to be adopted.
I`m not sure how much ETH is convenient for payment reasons..
How fast and cheap it is compared to LTC?
Ojengonggu

Activity: 756
Merit: 105

Trphy.io

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 08:49:30 AM

BCH is a clone, therefore very low chance it to be adopted.
I`m not sure how much ETH is convenient for payment reasons..
How fast and cheap it is compared to LTC?
Until now there is still no coin among these in the development for marchants around the world, for trading various goods and services are still only in the minority scope, maybe LTC can, but in the development of this altcoin it is not intended for it, I am more inclined to BTC and ET...

Papcio77

Activity: 841

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 08:54:59 AM

I never heard about coins which used in any big mechants on my country. They are not well focus about using crypto as a way of payment. Which country had using nano,monero and etc. Hoping to be more bigger and enter in the different countries merchants. Online must be better for easy way of transaction.

Keep updated
koralan

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 09:01:26 AM

I think merchants are willing to accept coins for quick, easy, secure and low-cost transactions. At the same time, stability, less fluctuations are also interested traders. Therefore, there will be the acceptance of the dissimilar transaction coins.
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 08:23:11 AM

I think this is a good reason for merchants to accept crypto payment.

As we know that crypto transaction is irreversible, that makes merchants safe from the chargeback as happened on credit card fraud transaction.

And to avoid the fluctuation, it can be handled by payment gateway such as BitPay. Am I right?

But maybe yes, the one only problem is, fast transaction needed.

I never heard about coins which used in any big mechants on my country. They are not well focus about using crypto as a way of payment. Which country had using nano,monero and etc. Hoping to be more bigger and enter in the different countries merchants. Online must be better for easy way of transaction.

Keep updated

I use crypto payment on a few merchants (as I said in my previous comment). Same as you, online/offline merchant in my country isn't familiar enough with crypto payment. Just a few merchants that accept crypto payment.  Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: