Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:07:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Money withdrawn from coinbase never received. What do I do???  (Read 1071 times)
tiltamaze (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:57:23 PM

Who do I contact in coinbase about this.  I sold a bit coin for $540 and was told the money would be in my account by Feb 25th.  Coinbase says the transaction was complete.  My bank says no money has been received and no money is pending. I know my bank info is correct because coinbase withdrew money from my bank with ease.  But the money seems to have disappeared between coinbase and my bank.  Someone please help!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DiabolusLoki

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:59:56 PM

Ever thought about contacting coinbase directly instead of wasting your time on this post?
Give them the transaction ID etc..... the logic some humans use these days....
dre_2ooo

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:00:02 PM

Welcome to the American banking system!!!  Days of pending, transactions not reported temporarily, and reversibility.

Why did you sell a BTC for only $540?  Scared? Smiley

I would give it until Monday (next business day) and I would contact Coinbase support.
Gamer67

Activity: 294

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:11:08 PM

It is only 3 days past. I have had some coinbase transfers take longer. Give it a bit more time before you panic. For what it is worth, every time I have put in a support ticket I have never received a response.

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
tiltamaze (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:18:36 PM

Ever thought about contacting coinbase directly instead of wasting your time on this post?

Omg you are so stupid there are simply no words. O.O  I tried to contact them obviously.  They don't have a support ticket system.  I contacted them through the contact us page and emailed them from all emails I know of them to have.  No responses.  That's why I went to a forum to ask how I contact them.  I'm looking for a specific coinbase email someone has used in the past that got a response.

I hope to God you are young.  I refuse to believe that someone can be older than say 15 and be as stupid as you.  Good luck to you sir.  If your reply is an indication of your IQ you have a very hard life ahead.
Gamer67

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:27:12 PM

Omg you are so stupid there are simply no words. O.O  I tried to contact them obviously.  They don't have a support ticket system.  I contacted them through the contact us page and emailed them from all emails I know of them to have.  No responses.  That's why I went to a forum to ask how I contact them.  I'm looking for a specific coinbase email someone has used in the past that got a response.

I hope to God you are young.  I refuse to believe that someone can be older than say 15 and be as stupid as you.  Good luck to you sir.  If your reply is an indication of your IQ you have a very hard life ahead.

Coinbase support ticket system.

https://coinbase.desk.com/

tiltamaze (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:33:29 PM

Omg you are so stupid there are simply no words. O.O  I tried to contact them obviously.  They don't have a support ticket system.  I contacted them through the contact us page and emailed them from all emails I know of them to have.  No responses.  That's why I went to a forum to ask how I contact them.  I'm looking for a specific coinbase email someone has used in the past that got a response.

I hope to God you are young.  I refuse to believe that someone can be older than say 15 and be as stupid as you.  Good luck to you sir.  If your reply is an indication of your IQ you have a very hard life ahead.

That's a FAQ not a support ticket system.

EDIT: Nevermind it appears I was wrong.  From my phone I can only view other peoples tickets though.  I can't seem to submit tickets.  Thanks!
Gamer67

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:59:58 PM

Omg you are so stupid there are simply no words. O.O  I tried to contact them obviously.  They don't have a support ticket system.  I contacted them through the contact us page and emailed them from all emails I know of them to have.  No responses.  That's why I went to a forum to ask how I contact them.  I'm looking for a specific coinbase email someone has used in the past that got a response.

I hope to God you are young.  I refuse to believe that someone can be older than say 15 and be as stupid as you.  Good luck to you sir.  If your reply is an indication of your IQ you have a very hard life ahead.

That's a FAQ not a support ticket system.

EDIT: Nevermind it appears I was wrong.  From my phone I can only view other peoples tickets though.  I can't seem to submit tickets.  Thanks!

After accessing the support page. click 'My cases' link on the top right. Then click 'Create a new case' link in the middle of the page.

Coins4life

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:14:26 PM

Who do I contact in coinbase about this.  I sold a bit coin for $540 and was told the money would be in my account by Feb 25th.  Coinbase says the transaction was complete.  My bank says no money has been received and no money is pending. I know my bank info is correct because coinbase withdrew money from my bank with ease.  But the money seems to have disappeared between coinbase and my bank.  Someone please help!

Five post newbie fud with three post in this thread a lone.

I have had literally hundreds of transactions in both directions without a single mishap.

Obviously your first Bitcoin withdrawal.

I would suggest you contact Coinbase and yes they have support contact.

You will probably find easier on their site than here.

~BCX~

This
FenixRD

Activity: 364

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:06:55 PM

To be perfectly fair (immature tone of OP aside):

1. Panic is kinda understandable if you're new — we all know Gox was to be avoided and generally Coinbase works fine, and is certainly solvent, but OP may be concerned about any BTC anywhere but in-hand. Don't panic, OP; CB was just audited so you should be fine.

2. I myself had a huge snafu with CB, but involving a nearly six-figure USD sum, where they "lost it" for a bit. It was only a huge snafu because it took nearly 3 weeks to sort out, and a couple direct emails from Olaf promising things. But in the end I did get the money. The problem, was a bug in their system, amplified by horrible customer service turnaround time. (Far better than Gox and several other places, but nowhere near up to "rest-of-the-world" standards.

3. It is true that you can't see their ticket support stuff from mobile. Any mobile. Their stupid "responsive design" site uses media queries so you can't even fake the user agent. If you are on a touch device that's not a PC-tablet you don't get the whole site. iPad 3 retina? Treated like an iPhone. Hamburger menu. Nexus 5 with 1080p screen? Same shit. I fucking hate this responsive bullshit. It's a good idea but the problem is people are involved. I'm so tired of the cycle where mobiles get a different web. There was the WAP sites, persisting even in the days of Opera and EVDO, and then far worse is the trend of user agent strings forcing you to dumbed-down mobile sites, but at least you can bypass that usually; now this.

Regarding 3, CB told me they'd fix that shit back when I was having the issues in #2. Guess not.

Uberlurker. Been here since the Finney transaction. Please consider this before replying; there is a good chance I've heard it before.

-Citizenfive
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: