Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:30:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Expo 2014 - Toronto, Canada - April 11-13  (Read 1783 times)
exstasie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:46:33 PM

I just received an email from the Bitcoin Alliance of Canada regarding an Expo that they are organizing:

Bitcoin Expo 2014
April 11 – 13, 2014 [Friday - Sunday]
Toronto Metro Convention Centre
http://bitcoinexpo.ca

Looks like they already have quite a few speakers lined up!  Definitely going to sign up for this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One behalf of the Bitcoin Alliance of Canada I wish to invite you to the first annual Bitcoin Expo in Toronto from April 11 through 13 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. The conference is a three-day extravaganza event focused on Bitcoin community building, and featuring prominent speakers, guests and attendees from around the world.

The Expo will provide unique opportunities for businesses, consumers, entrepreneurs, developers, innovators, and the curious general public to connect. This conference is organized as a non-profit event, with proceeds going to fund the Bitcoin Alliance of Canada’s programs and initiatives.

The Expo will provide the most ideal networking opportunities for global leaders and stakeholders to gather and discuss strategies to build Bitcoin organizations at the local, national, and international levels. In addition, there will be a focus on how the community can work with charities and worthy causes around the world, by taking advantage of the benefits and superiority of Bitcoin and other digital currencies.

The Bitcoin Expo will also play host to an art exhibit and auction, and a hackathon on the next generation of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency applications, technologies and services. More than 50 prominent members of the international Bitcoin community will also be speaking.

There are multiple levels of registration options:

Free – Bitcoin tutorial only, on Saturday morning (only 200 seats available)
    Standard – Access to Saturday and Sunday sessions
    Premium – Friday banquet dinner plus access to all standard sessions
    VIP – Access to private events, including fireside sessions, Friday banquet dinner, and  standard sessions

A limited number of discounted tickets for each level are available to attendees who register prior to March 15th. The full program will be released in mid-March, and as of today, the sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities have been announced, and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.  To get the fastest updates, please follow the expo’s Twitter account at @bitcoinexpoca where new speakers and program details are continuously being published.

I’m excited the Bitcoin Alliance of Canada is hosting this event. Please join us. Canada welcomes you!

Anthony Di Iorio
Executive Director
Bitcoin Alliance of Canada

The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Paul7V

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:15:32 AM

This is less than 5 hours drive from where I am in the Detroit area. Excited at the prospect of attending!
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:53:33 PM

Sooo tempting for me to go to..  I'd love to meet a bunch of the people going...  Will consider, ticket costs will turn my friends off the idea Sad.
armodilloben

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 10:46:50 PM

Hello there,
will be on the Bitcoin Expo 2014 in Toronto and looking forward to it!

Inside Bitcoin in New York is just some days before Toronto, for an european like me a great opportunity to visit both events with one transcontinental flight.

bitMTW

Activity: 46

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:55:44 PM

The speaker lineup is packed. Have any of you seen these guys speak? Any advice on who to make sure and see? Vitalik Buterin, Andreas Antonopoulos, Anthony Di Iorio probably on my list...

http://bitcoinexpo.ca/speakers2/
spazzdla
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:44:33 PM

The speaker lineup is packed. Have any of you seen these guys speak? Any advice on who to make sure and see? Vitalik Buterin, Andreas Antonopoulos, Anthony Di Iorio probably on my list...

http://bitcoinexpo.ca/speakers2/

I am still super tempted to go.. I am thinking the stnd pass, I rly want to see Andreas and the guy from freedom radio.
Narydu
Donator

Activity: 743
Merit: 510

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 04:01:38 AM

Hi everybody, I'm looking for sharing a double room at any hotel nearby.
I'll be traveling from Argentina and BTW, I'm founder of the Local Bitcoin Foundation.

Anyone interested?

betafall

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:21:13 AM

An update on the Toronto Bitcoin Expo 2014, April 11--13th at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. We're excited to announce that many of the biggest innovators, developers, early adopters, and entrepreneurs in the international Bitcoin community will be in attendance. Notable speakers include: Andreas Antonopoulos (Blockchain, RootEleven), Charles Hoskinson (Ethereum, Bitcoin Education Project), Charlie Lee  (Litecoin, Coinbase), Vitalik Buterin (Ethereum, Bitcoin Magazine), Elizabeth Ploshay (Bitcoin Magazine, The Bitcoin Foundation),  Peter Todd (Mastercoin), Joseph David  (CAVirtex), Anthony Di Iorio (Bitcoin Alliance of Canada, Ethereum, KryptoKit), Cody Wilson (Dark Wallet, Defence Distributed), Stefan Molyneux (Freedomain Radio), Jason King (Sean's Outpost, Bitcoin Across America), David Johnston (Bitangels, Mastercoin), Jeff Burwick (Dollar Vigilante), Jeffrey Tucker (Liberty.me), Peter Gray (Coinkite), Stephanie Murphy (Let's Talk Bitcoin, Free Talk Live), and many more. Some tickets are still available. For more information, visit http://bitcoinexpo.ca

We will also host the "In-Crypto-We-Trust Hackathon", which will take place during the two days preceding the Bitcoin Expo, April 10th and 11th (at Bitcoin Decentral). Information is available here: http://bitcoinexpo.ca/hackathon/ -- More than $20,000 worth of bitcoin will be awarded. If you want to work on a cutting edge prototype that leverages blockchain technology, this is a great opportunity to network, learn, and build.

The Bitcoin Expo is presented by the Bitcoin Alliance of Canada, a non-profit organization in Canada. We hope to see you there.

Anthony Di Iorio
Executive Director
bitconnect

Activity: 57

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 09:56:00 PM

Hi everybody, I'm looking for sharing a double room at any hotel nearby.
I'll be traveling from Argentina and BTW, I'm founder of the Local Bitcoin Foundation.

Anyone interested?

try http://www.urbanlivingsuites.com/ they accept bitcoin
or
try https://www.airbnb.ca/ they usually cheaper than hotel rooms and the owners could give you some good information about Toronto city.
waldox

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 04:30:18 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 04:44:35 AM by waldox

The is a 15% off discount  code for the tickets it is: "Ilovebitcoin"

http://bitcoinexpo.ca/register/bitcoin-expo-2014/

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   * Dental Hygiene Cleaning in Toronto & Mississauga accepts Bitcoin  * Downtown Toronto Real Estate Realtor Blog & News * Toronto House Evaluation * Toronto Dental Cleaning Hygiene Centre
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 03:51:38 AM

Really looking forward to this event.  Going to be there Sat and Sun!  I am especially looking forward to hearing Jeff Berwick speak as I had the pleasure of meeting him personally not to long ago!
spazzdla
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 03:49:20 PM

*sigh*.. Figures shit hits the fan at work this week.. gotta work sat and fly to Moncton sunday... blah
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 12:43:32 AM

Despite being quite close (Kitchener-Waterloo), I didn't get to go. How was it?
joinmicah

Activity: 81
Merit: 16

Crypto-Commodities are the People's Money!

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:05:32 PM

I Attended to BITCOIN EXPO in Toronto last Week the Energy of all the People there was impressive to say the least everybody was willing to work together with each other to help make BITCOIN much more powerful than it already is.
blackvoice

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:05:12 AM

An update on the Toronto Bitcoin Expo 2014, April 11--13th at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. We're excited to announce that many of the biggest innovators, developers, early adopters, and entrepreneurs in the international Bitcoin community will be in attendance. Notable speakers include: Andreas Antonopoulos (Blockchain, RootEleven), Charles Hoskinson (Ethereum, Bitcoin Education Project), Charlie Lee  (Litecoin, Coinbase), Vitalik Buterin (Ethereum, Bitcoin Magazine), Elizabeth Ploshay (Bitcoin Magazine, The Bitcoin Foundation),  Peter Todd (Mastercoin), Joseph David  (CAVirtex), Anthony Di Iorio (Bitcoin Alliance of Canada, Ethereum, KryptoKit), Cody Wilson (Dark Wallet, Defence Distributed), Stefan Molyneux (Freedomain Radio), Jason King (Sean's Outpost, Bitcoin Across America), David Johnston (Bitangels, Mastercoin), Jeff Burwick (Dollar Vigilante), Jeffrey Tucker (Liberty.me), Peter Gray (Coinkite), Stephanie Murphy (Let's Talk Bitcoin, Free Talk Live), and many more. Some tickets are still available. For more information, visit http://bitcoinexpo.ca

We will also host the "In-Crypto-We-Trust Hackathon", which will take place during the two days preceding the Bitcoin Expo, April 10th and 11th (at Bitcoin Decentral). Information is available here: http://bitcoinexpo.ca/hackathon/ -- More than $20,000 worth of bitcoin will be awarded. If you want to work on a cutting edge prototype that leverages blockchain technology, this is a great opportunity to network, learn, and build.

The Bitcoin Expo is presented by the Bitcoin Alliance of Canada, a non-profit organization in Canada. We hope to see you there.

Anthony Di Iorio
Executive Director

A bitcoin expo.

So interesting
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: