Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:57:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥 [ANN][ICO][LIVE] Buying.com - E-commerce Reinvented 🔥  (Read 18106 times)
tzegian (OP)

Activity: 265
Merit: 101

Founder of Greepto.gr & CryptoAnalogy

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 05:25:00 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2018, 09:44:20 PM by tzegian

News & Announcements:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Maebeo2017

Activity: 242
Merit: 1

I am A Champion for all I care

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 05:30:53 PM

I have seen some decentralized eCommerce project come on the blockchain as well but i think this project is one that has most features which is very much essential and a very good side attractions also.

▄████▀     inSureToken.net     ▄█▀     inSure Your Crypto Portfolio!     ▄████▀
██  Let's build a trustful community together!  ██
l10no

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 05:43:30 PM

Your partners are very popular among the lower middle class, which I ask,
Is the app already on the PlayStore and is it operating now?
GregMant

Activity: 105
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 05:48:11 PM

Thats a lot of information you provide here, including a detailed 40-pages whitepaper. Microdistribution sounds very interesting, good job.
tzegian (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 06:57:34 PM

Your partners are very popular among the lower middle class, which I ask,
Is the app already on the PlayStore and is it operating now?

Hello, the app is about to be launched at Q4 2018.
Daematune

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:03:14 PM

Wouldn't be too surprised if we hear about BUYING later in the Fall. Very ambitious project!
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:31:34 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2018, 09:46:10 PM by tk808

More useless ICO's. This has no chance in competing or acquiring market share in the e-commerce space.

Any company that sees blockchain a threat to their e-commerce business, will do it themselves and with greater efficiency. You'd need hundreds of millions in funding to do this successfully, and even then, i wouldn't trust any ICO doing this that has to rely on BTT forums for crowdfunding their platform.

Pure ignorance and shortsightedness. There's no mention of any specifics, and the single most important question in e-commerce space, customer acquisition cost, in which they spent 1 paragraph explaining. They basically valued the cost of a customer acquisition, to $10 USD. 10 USD is not going to convert an amazon or ebay customer to Buying.com.

"The purpose of these BUY Credits is to enable consumers to try
the Network risk free. It is the Customer Acquisition cost for the Buying.com
network and new Customers will be offered the equivalent of US$10 in BUY
Credits"

The entire whitepaper is very revealing with elementary school grammar and sentence structures; written by an amateur.

My Consensus: A worthless ICO, may bring you a return on an exchange if you short-sell quickly, but do not hold long term. Ask yourself this single question before investing, would you use Buying.com to purchase?
tzegian (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 10:06:01 PM

i wouldn't trust any ICO doing this that has to rely on BTT forums for crowdfunding their platform.

My Consensus: A worthless ICO, may bring you a return on an exchange if you short-sell quickly, but do not hold long term. Ask yourself this single question before investing, would you use Buying.com to purchase?

Regarding this, BTT forums are just a small part of the whole campaign. It's the biggest and most active crypto forum so everything that belongs to crypto, should be here as well in my opinion.
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:13:46 PM

i wouldn't trust any ICO doing this that has to rely on BTT forums for crowdfunding their platform.

Regarding this, BTT forums are just a small part of the whole campaign. It's the biggest and most active crypto forum so everything that belongs to crypto, should be here as well in my opinion.

Sure, if that was the most important piece of info in my post.

This type of project needs venture funding, not public funding. You've ultimately diminished any prospects of this platform's vision coming to fruition by using Bitcointalk, and having that association with your project. As i said before, shortsightedness and greed.

Crypto is a gimmick to acquire funding quickly, with no loss of equity and minimal risk to credit. Projects like this, seeking to enter fundamental spaces in the real-world, will always fail in the current climate and time.
MemoryMills

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:19:56 PM

More useless ICO's. This has no chance in competing or acquiring market share in the e-commerce space.

Any company that sees blockchain a threat to their e-commerce business, will do it themselves and with greater efficiency. You'd need hundreds of millions in funding to do this successfully, and even then, i wouldn't trust any ICO doing this that has to rely on BTT forums for crowdfunding their platform.

Pure ignorance and shortsightedness. There's no mention of any specifics, and the single most important question in e-commerce space, customer acquisition cost, in which they spent 1 paragraph explaining. They basically valued the cost of a customer acquisition, to $10 USD. 10 USD is not going to convert an amazon or ebay customer to Buying.com.

"The purpose of these BUY Credits is to enable consumers to try
the Network risk free. It is the Customer Acquisition cost for the Buying.com
network and new Customers will be offered the equivalent of US$10 in BUY
Credits"

The entire whitepaper is very revealing with elementary school grammar and sentence structures; written by an amateur.

I dont see this ico as useless. First of all the domain name Buying.com is worth a pretty penny. Their partner/sister company is dropshipper.com which is already huge generates millions.  When your involving blockchain in the space of ecommerce or any sector, community is paramount, which is why they have been building their platforms in the ways that they have.
Lets not forget that the ico isnt starting until october.

Any legitimate and fluid company that sees blockchain a threat to their ecommerce business, will buy that startup that offers 2 hour blockchain delivery, opening up markets for the unbanked in underdeveloped areas.

In terms of the $10 customer aquisition, do you see the likes of ebay doing this? no, others, most likely not, but they have the airdrop, they have the bounty they have their contract, and it looks to me like they're spending a lot more than $10 thats for sure. ;-)

Simply having the ability to buy your item there and then with crypto is game changing, maybe not for you, but for many others.

would i use buying.com?

Of course i would, based on dropshipping.com and crypto holdings alone, its a no brainer,

plus the domain name is very premium
 Wink
sacskate

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:22:51 PM

is that means like amazon but with enabled crypto payment options as i got or iam wrong?
when tha app will be ready to test?
tzegian (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 10:39:01 PM

is that means like amazon but with enabled crypto payment options as i got or iam wrong?

Yes, you are right. Though, crypto payment option isn't the only thing that is different from Amazon.

Right now, by the end of sept 30th you will see the buying.com iOS and Android app MVP. The deadline for the app is for Q4 2018.

In the next days, the first portion of the yellowpaper will be released as well presenting the protocol and its "capabilities".
RastaGrillMasta

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:18:11 AM

This type of project needs venture funding, not public funding. You've ultimately diminished any prospects of this platform's vision coming to fruition by using Bitcointalk, and having that association with your project. As i said before, shortsightedness and greed.

Crypto is a gimmick to acquire funding quickly, with no loss of equity and minimal risk to credit. Projects like this, seeking to enter fundamental spaces in the real-world, will always fail in the current climate and time.

Why are you throwing so much shade on Buying.com? I think it's a great ICO with a ton of potential. The way you are hating on this so much, it seems you haven't even read the whitepaper at all to me. Who peed in your coffee?

Don't feed this troll...
tzegian (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 09:20:48 AM

Actually, I had forwarded your message to the team to get a proper answer from them, which I have.

Thank you for your insightful post. Let us try and address the points raised.

1. On venture funding - yes we are pursuing that angle and you are right, we too believe institutional funding is important for our project. BitCoinTalk is simply being the vehicle to introduce this project to the crypto community at large, and one of several avenues to increase awareness of our platform.

2. In terms of acquisition costs and business model - the team behind this business has built 33 successful e-Commerce businesses with 9 digit exits multiple times so we don't come from a place of ignorance or shortsightedness, rather experience and a long term vision and plan. Many businesses use methods to entice customers to try their service e.g. NetFlix - 1st month free, etc. So, our enticement is the same vein. We have other benefits built into the system to help customer retention beyond the acquisition phase for long term engagement.

3. In terms of grammar, we welcome your critique and if there are areas where it could be improved, kindly contact our team and we are more than happy to address it. However, do note that your very first sentence in your critique has a grammatical error, "ICOs", not "ICO's" - the latter is a possessive. So, prior to criticizing others kindly check your own grammar. Like i said, we are open to input and will refine the paper if need be.

Thank you again for your feedback.
sacskate

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:24:29 PM

Yes, you are right. Though, crypto payment option isn't the only thing that is different from Amazon.

Right now, by the end of sept 30th you will see the buying.com iOS and Android app MVP. The deadline for the app is for Q4 2018.

In the next days, the first portion of the yellowpaper will be released as well presenting the protocol and its "capabilities".

thank you the image is clear now, iam awaiting to read more about the project . good luck
tzegian (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 09:46:23 PM

thank you the image is clear now, iam awaiting to read more about the project . good luck

Thank you! If you have more questions, don't hesitate to write them here. Stay tuned.  Cool
sacskate

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 05:25:27 PM

thnx for the reply . regarding mass adoption will you consider incentives like a bounty program or referal program for downloading the app in future
tzegian (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 11:00:43 AM

thnx for the reply . regarding mass adoption will you consider incentives like a bounty program or referal program for downloading the app in future

Hello, a bounty program will be live soon regarding the ICO etc.

For the Buying.com application and platform, we have already allocated an "Incentivization Supply" for the purpose of mass adoption, taken from the whitepaper:

(c) 7.5% (or 37.5 million) will be used to promote adoption of the Ecosystem via rewards and other incentives for participants (the “Incentivization Supply”). Some of the
ways in which Company anticipates using the Incentivization Supply may include:
(i) Early adopters in the form of strategic partners or acquisitions (Manufacturers, Consumers, Logistics Companies (“Partners”) who implement Company’s Decentralized E-Commerce solution will receive free Tokens from the Incentivization Supply, enabling them to pay some fees in Tokens and to benefit from any rise in utility brought about by greater adoption of the Ecosystem.)
(ii) Users may also receive Tokens from the Incentivization Supply. For example, at sign up via a Company supported website, the website owner, a Partner, and new Users
may receive a certain number of Tokens, and Users may also receive Tokens for referring new participants to the Ecosystem.
(iii) Company reserves the right to prescribe lockup requirements regarding the Incentivization Supply Tokens distributed to Partners or Users.
tzegian (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 11:58:05 AM

First portion of yellowpaper has been released: https://www.buying.com/assets/documents/buying_com_yellow_paper.pdf
Q2kc

Activity: 560
Merit: 15

$100k per 1 BTC in Year 2020

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2018, 06:23:13 AM

Any Specific date for the bounty? this is a very Interesting e-commerce blockchain project, using cryptocurrency as a payment is the real deal, I will stay here for the Update.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: