Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:37:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammer alert - Scumbag seller - YoutubeTV  (Read 171 times)
whiskeyriver (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 06:14:14 PM

Attempted to purchase an Amazon gift card this morning and was given an invalid code. Transaction was completed using the Telegram chat app (username - Crypto eGift Cards) and cashapp for payment. As soon as payment was made, invalid code was sent and I was immediately banned from making any additional posts to the chat thread where this scumbag is selling. He will not reply to any messages sent his way and has somehow been able to delete posts warning others about his activity from the thread here... 💳eGift Cards[Wal-Mart][Nike][Adidas][Best Buy][Amazon][eBay]+MORE 80% OFF. I was fortunate to have only lost $40 in the transaction as I was contemplating purchasing quite a bit more but am still pissed about the whole ordeal. I have learned a valuable lesson here and want to warn others to stay away from this guy so that no one else is taken advantage of.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sandy-is-fine
Legendary

Activity: 1919
Merit: 1230

AKA Ms-overzealous-condecsending-explitive-account

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 06:52:09 PM

Attempted to purchase an Amazon gift card this morning and was given an invalid code. Transaction was completed using the Telegram chat app (username - Crypto eGift Cards) and cashapp for payment. As soon as payment was made, invalid code was sent and I was immediately banned from making any additional posts to the chat thread where this scumbag is selling. He will not reply to any messages sent his way and has somehow been able to delete posts warning others about his activity from the thread here... 💳eGift Cards[Wal-Mart][Nike][Adidas][Best Buy][Amazon][eBay]+MORE 80% OFF. I was fortunate to have only lost $40 in the transaction as I was contemplating purchasing quite a bit more but am still pissed about the whole ordeal. I have learned a valuable lesson here and want to warn others to stay away from this guy so that no one else is taken advantage of.

Sorry you lost your funds but other than his marked self-moderated and/or locked thread (obvious scam warning #1) had you simply looked at his trust (both "trusted and "untrusted") you wouldn't have had a problem.   Him and his 30+ other alts/buddies have been scamming here over 2 years and to answer your next question, NO, unlike other forums this forum will not ban him or any scammer of which 80% of the posts in this section are.  This thread will soon be moved by the moderators to a place no one will ever find it unless they have been here a long time.

Also read the VERY FIRST "sticky" message in this section.  Only the subject is needed.  

screenshot pc
bolinao

Activity: 835
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 06:56:12 PM

I can't believe people still buy from this scammer. All the warning signs are their, he literally screams SCAMMER.

Donate: 35o4ZzUNr1oEKYyhoBW8MgfgTWsrm5YLaw  thanks
whiskeyriver (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 07:06:37 PM

Stupid move on my part...usually a lot more careful when it comes to things like this. Live and learn I guess. If it sounds too good to be true...
sandy-is-fine
Legendary

Activity: 1919
Merit: 1230

AKA Ms-overzealous-condecsending-explitive-account

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 03:37:13 AM

Total waste of time but I'll bump this anyway just in case one person with a brain looks here first before buying from this cockroach low-life scammer. 
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 11:16:55 AM

Well, there is absolutely no surprise at all that you got scammed by him. He's probably one of the most active scammers on the forum that is still operating today.

You should have really been alarmed by the high discounts that he's offering, that no legit seller would ever offer you. That was the first warning sign. Him not going with escrow and asking you to go first was another warning bell that should have went off. Lastly, the stickies in the digital goods section clearly say that self moderated threads and autobuy links should not be trusted. These people lock and self moderate their threads to prevent people from commenting negative things on them.

That's not to mention that you should have looked at his trust ratings and instantly turned away from all his threads - he's already been tagged, both from DT and non-DT members. You do have an account here so you can definitely see those. Most people that this guy scams aren't logged in because they can't see trust ratings, but you can.

Take this as an expensive lesson. Nothing else you can do about it now.

Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: