Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:32:05 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Using tokens for payment system in the USA  (Read 77 times)
MEWcoin (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 10:22:02 PM

We are a UK based company launching our tokensale*.

Couple of quick(ish) questions:

1. A US investing promotional team has said they will accept token payments in lieu of fiat/BTC. They are legit (we've checked). We're not currently operating in the USA due to the uncertain environment, is it still legal for them to take payment from us in our tokens?

2. After our tokensale, when we begin to allow people to transact with our tokens, is it ok for people to use our tokens in the USA for the the procurement of services?

3. Where would we go to get confirmation on this, is there a US government bureau who would give us an answer?

To me it seems that both these cases are not selling tokens but spending them for services but I'd prefer not to presume.

We have an existing business and our token is effectively extending that business model with a voucher redeemable for services from our clients and their suppliers ie a utility token.

*we're currently considering pausing our tokensale until the market picks up -> thoughts?

thanks

MEWcoin

MEWcoin (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 10:31:19 PM

We are a UK based company launching our tokensale*.

Couple of quick(ish) questions:

1. A US investing promotional team has said they will accept token payments in lieu of fiat/BTC. They are legit (we've checked). We're not currently operating in the USA due to the uncertain environment, is it still legal for them to take payment from us in our tokens?

2. After our tokensale, when we begin to allow people to transact with our tokens, is it ok for people to use our tokens in the USA for the the procurement of services?

3. Where would we go to get confirmation on this, is there a US government bureau who would give us an answer?

To me it seems that both these cases are not selling tokens but spending them for services but I'd prefer not to presume.

We have an existing business and our token is effectively extending that business model with a voucher redeemable for services from our clients and their suppliers ie a utility token.

*we're currently considering pausing our tokensale until the market picks up -> thoughts?

thanks

MEWcoin

To clarify, they're not promoting specifically to the US, just to their network of investors who are global.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: