Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:18:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO = DEVS SHORT SELLING THEIR PRODUCT (stop investing in ICO if can't get this)  (Read 184 times)
ninobtcx (OP)

Activity: 418
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:15:23 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2018, 11:33:29 PM by ninobtcx

Would you take the opposite trade against someone who has got detailed and specific insider information about a project?
Fuck no I wouldn't, yet many of you do this on a regular basis without realizing it.
inb4 "b-but muh 2017 gains"

If a development team really believed their token price would go higher than ICO price 2x or more, the last thing they would do would be selling it to you in an ICO.
What they do by doing so, is betting on the token price to go lower than ICO price.

Same as short selling in the stock market.

Prove me wrong.
Pro-tip: you can't.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 12:44:26 PM

Would you take the opposite trade against someone who has got detailed and specific insider information about a project?
Fuck no I wouldn't, yet many of you do this on a regular basis without realizing it.

If a development team really believed their token price would go higher than ICO price 2x or more, the last thing they would do would be selling it to you in an ICO.
What they do by doing so, is betting on the token price to go lower than ICO price.

Prove me wrong.

well, maybe the team need money to make their project real?
I think that's why some of them made ico.

And, it happen to see that they lock the token/coin for a while after the ico, to avoid the big drop when the project is in a too early phase.
ninobtcx (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 09:41:29 PM

No shit captain obvious. Of course they need money.

My point is that an ICO is basically very similar to someone selling a product they don't have for today's price with a promise of paying it back tomorrow; i.e. they bet the price will drop.
Lighthouze

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 09:50:40 PM

Prove me wrong.

There's absolutely to prove you wrong, cos you are wrong. ICOs like IPO are means for projects to raise funds for their project. Remember there's shares sold in IPOs for non-crypto companies? Those companies don't sell their shares under the premises like you have posited. Shares even make you part owner of a company, ICOs don't.

imusify.com  ❰  Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  BACKED BY NEO
DiamondsAndCoins

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 09:57:21 PM

Prove me wrong.

Dude WTF are you talking about?  They don't have fiat to make their project a reality.  Hence the ICO.  When they get the money they can then build the product. 

You trollin us?

ninobtcx (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 06:20:38 AM

Prove me wrong.

Dude WTF are you talking about?  They don't have fiat to make their project a reality.  Hence the ICO.  When they get the money they can then build the product. 

You trollin us?

If there was the possibility of the price going 10x or 100x as the "investor" think, why wouldn't they finance it with other means?
ninobtcx (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 01:09:26 AM

https://www.ccn.com/how-secs-paragon-ruling-could-send-many-crypto-icos-to-bankruptcy/
Paragon and AirFox were ordered to pay a $350,000 fine to the U.S. SEC and refund investors who participated in the token sale.
ICOs might be over?
Juxy

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 01:24:05 AM

I feel like you are taking the fact that ICO's *can* be used as out and out scams to then mean that there is no legitimate use for an ICO. An ICO is just a way to raise funds that could be required for the project to succeed.

Would you say an IPO is a scam too?
ninobtcx (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 01:34:44 AM

I feel like you are taking the fact that ICO's *can* be used as out and out scams to then mean that there is no legitimate use for an ICO. An ICO is just a way to raise funds that could be required for the project to succeed.

Ctrl+F the word "scam" and see how many times I used it.

I say it is devs short selling their own shit, fair and simple. Would you short sell something you own knowing it will go 10x? Dun think so.
Juxy

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 09:15:51 PM

Ctrl+F the word "scam" and see how many times I used it.

I say it is devs short selling their own shit, fair and simple. Would you short sell something you own knowing it will go 10x? Dun think so.

Let me help you.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/scam

>an illegal plan for making money, especially one that involves tricking people

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insider_trading

>trading based on insider information is illegal

You don't need to use the word "scam". You are implying that someone is intentionally selling down stock because they know (aka insider info) that the price will go down.
Ravenangel

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 09:18:42 PM

The first who have to have faith in their product are its creators, and when they begin to sell the tokens they have,that takes away enormously the trust of the community and are often destined to fail, that is why it is so important to be aware of the movements of the market, so that when they make this type of dirty strategies we can all be aware.

Bitcoin to the moon
ninobtcx (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 10:58:09 PM

So many dumb useless NPC posts...
bayu7adi

Activity: 1414
Merit: 545

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2018, 07:18:57 AM

ICO is a tool for begging for money for cheap developers who just want to spend all of our money, when they do ICO, very active developers are even very careful in giving explanations about related projects, when in the product development process, here starts to look a lot of mistakes made by the developer, until what happens is the roadmap is delayed by up to 6 months, even more so, and the worst thing happens is, the marketed product is very bad and cannot exceed competitors, so it is very unlikely to grow
ninobtcx (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 09:10:53 AM

And now SEC is also gonna give shit to ICOs.

Time to be bearish not only about ETH, but also all those loser ETH wannabes such as ADA, NEO, EOS, ARK.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: