Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:41:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Creating an open exchange.  (Read 745 times)
NChosting (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:22:57 PM

In the light of the recent news and incidents, I feel the need for an open exchange. Where our btc is safe and that we 100% sure they are safe. No problems with btc withdrawals whatsoever.

I want to develop such an exchange but do not know how to go about it. If those with ideas and input would show me the way I believe I have the necessary drive and connections to accomplish this.

The exchange must be transparent, meaning publicly auditable. Secure from hackers and bad intentions. A place where 2 parties can trade fiat and crypto or securities between each other securely.

How would one go about this? Especially the open part? How can an exchange be trustworthy?

Thanks for your comments , ideas , criticism
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 03:26:06 AM

In the light of the recent news and incidents, I feel the need for an open exchange. Where our btc is safe and that we 100% sure they are safe. No problems with btc withdrawals whatsoever.

I want to develop such an exchange but do not know how to go about it. If those with ideas and input would show me the way I believe I have the necessary drive and connections to accomplish this.

The exchange must be transparent, meaning publicly auditable. Secure from hackers and bad intentions. A place where 2 parties can trade fiat and crypto or securities between each other securely.

How would one go about this? Especially the open part? How can an exchange be trustworthy?

Sounds like good idea, but do you have knowledge needed to develop it, manage it, and secure it? Smiley Or how much bitcoins do you have and how much you want to pay people to do this? Smiley
NChosting (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:21:36 PM

Sounds like good idea, but do you have knowledge needed to develop it, manage it, and secure it? Smiley Or how much bitcoins do you have and how much you want to pay people to do this? Smiley

Hello

I am determined to provide bitcoin users with a open exchange. I am willing to invest capital into this and more importantly my business knowledge and contacts.

Im just not sure on how to go about having an open system so people can feel safe about their btc being in cold storage safely.

Obviously providing the safety will be upto the exchange. But what is the best way to store them? Securely and openly! This is the part that I need help with.

Thanks

roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 01:46:45 PM

Hello

I am determined to provide bitcoin users with a open exchange. I am willing to invest capital into this and more importantly my business knowledge and contacts.

Im just not sure on how to go about having an open system so people can feel safe about their btc being in cold storage safely.

Obviously providing the safety will be upto the exchange. But what is the best way to store them? Securely and openly! This is the part that I need help with.

Thanks

"Securely and openly!" ? Smiley

those two words whould not stand close to each other Smiley
or maybe I did not get the point...

I am sorry I cannot help you with development, but I can suggest to read a lot about cryptology and hire 10 good coders and maybe you can win with it somehow.

Good luck.
dansmith

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:00:37 PM

If those with ideas and input would show me the way I believe I have the necessary drive and connections to accomplish this.
NChosting, this is a noble aspiration building such a transparent exchange.
I strongly recommend looking at OpenTransactions.
Among the many features of OT there is an under-development feature of voting pool to make it impossible to steal the BTC you are holding as an exchange (this feature has not yet been implemented though).

If you want to know about other OT features which will enable the transparent exchange you are after, please pop in to #opentransactions on freenode.net for a chat.

https://tlsnotary.org
Transferable webpage content notarization.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: