Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:04:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I have an idea for a Bitcoin service...  (Read 2063 times)
BorderBits

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2011, 08:23:33 PM

I now know what I am doing.

Stick to assembling IKEA desks and picking up dog poo for your parents; those are tasks which you may actually accomplish. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2011, 10:40:01 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2011, 11:03:27 PM by repentance

I now know what I am doing.

Stick to assembling IKEA desks and picking up dog poo for your parents; those are tasks which you may actually accomplish.  

Much as I hate to defend Atlas, I don't think that learning Javascript is beyond his capabilities.  Whether what he hopes to accomplish can be achieved with a rudimentary knowledge of Javascript is another issue altogether, but sometimes the only way you learn that your own skill-set and depth of knowledge aren't sufficient for a particular task is when you try to apply them in a real world situation.

That's not a criticism of you Atlas.  All of us have some things we're already accomplished at, some things we're OK at, and some things where we don't have sufficient expertise to do the job ourselves at this point in time (for me its databases - I can put one together if I really have to, but if it's for something important it would be better to give the job to someone more skilled).  

I know it's sometimes hard for you to accept, but a lot of skill development comes from doing something repeatedly over a long period of time.  It annoys the hell out of my kids sometimes that I'm better at some things than they are but I always point out to them that down the track their capabilities will be greater because they started out with more knowledge in those areas than I did.  For those of us who aren't born geniuses, ability is a combination of knowledge and experience.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Primitive Caveman

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2011, 12:29:06 AM

It's also worth mentioning that you should actually do the work yourself instead of asking for donations to hire someone else. No one cares about "idea guys" that have to rely on others to get something done.
BorderBits

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2011, 09:26:35 PM

It's also worth mentioning that you should actually do the work yourself instead of asking for donations to hire someone else. No one cares about "idea guys" that have to rely on others to get something done.

If Atlas ever enters the real world, he'll figure this out.  In my lab, when determining the order of authors on our publications, the person who came up with an idea may not even end up as an author unless they put time into the design, carrying out, or writing up the experiments.  Ideas, even great ones, are a dime a dozen; it's doing the work that produces results that matters. 
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
October 23, 2011, 11:43:13 PM

I have a better idea.

1 - Collect Underpants

2 -

3 - Profit!!!!

LMAO!!

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Bricolage

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 04:43:47 PM

Google it?

Or buy a book about Java?

Seeing as you obviously don't know the difference between Java and javascript you shouldn't give any advice on this matter whatsoever, not even to buy a book, because if he follows your advice he will buy the wrong book...

I somehow doubt the OP will be buying the wrong book.  Wink
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: