Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:44:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Three hackers have stolen more than $8,700 in cryptocurrencies in China! ! !  (Read 151 times)
pokiq (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 03:07:21 AM

Chinese police arrested three suspects suspected of cryptocurrency theft. The hackers allegedly stole bitcoin and other digital assets, estimated at $87 million. The authorities said that so far this is the largest type of robbery of this type in the People’s Republic so far.

https://news.bitcoin.com/three-hackers-held-in-china-over-87-million-crypto-theft/
steins19

Activity: 275
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 03:10:52 AM

Even though the amount is not the big, what alarming is that we're very vulnerable in hacking. We don't have proper security on our crypto money. This can gibe a big toll on crypto because a lot of investors will be alarmed by this and will be wary of making an investment in Crypto. If this happens further more, the end is probably near.

Crypto made easier  ██░██ ██ █▄░█ ▄▀▄ █▀▄ ▄▀▄ ▀▄░▄▀MenaPay.io
than cash█░▀░█ █▄ █░▀█ █▀█ █▀░ █▀█ ░░█░░
maronalex2

Activity: 223

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:38:02 AM

It is not surprising, it is and very hard and very easy to steal crypto, I hole such situations will be happen not os often than they are taking place now.
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:43:17 AM

Even though the amount is not the big, what alarming is that we're very vulnerable in hacking. We don't have proper security on our crypto money. This can gibe a big toll on crypto because a lot of investors will be alarmed by this and will be wary of making an investment in Crypto. If this happens further more, the end is probably near.

In this digital world, not just only cryptos but most of the online data is not safe. It is an individual responsibility to keep their coins or data safely. People just need to learn how to keep their computer and wallets safely. We can't just blame the system for our negligence and mistakes. Yes, this kind of news will spread negativity about cryptos but it is not a new thing or first time happening.
krassy

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 11:50:36 AM

Two days ago I personally saw how hackers steal from the MEW from many people, just once these people went to a phishing site and somebody stoles secret keys, and after some time a bot was launched to remove all tokens from stolen wallets. It's very sad. No one is safe from hacking and theft, we are all looking for protection, store funds in safe places, buy Ledger wallets,but it can not protect anyone.
Gaggy185

Activity: 437
Merit: 100

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:55:55 AM

I think you should fix your thread tittle Smiley. I can't imagine what will happen if these guys can escape smoothly Smiley. Maybe they'll have a new life like rich guys with this big amount of money. LOL. But unfortunately, they were slower than the police and got arrested. LOL. Maybe they were too confident and thought that nobody can find them out.

AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 12:00:15 PM

your title is so strange that i thought it must a be trolling news because $8700 is nothing when it comes to hacks. and reading the news it is saying $87 million. and i have to say it is a large amount of money but certainly not the biggest. we have had much bigger heists in the past which have recorded. maybe this was the biggest one that they "caught".

--looking for signature--
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406

BAILOUT

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:06:18 PM

That stolen money is probably not entirely from cryptocurrencies. Though it can be so  Smiley still crypto very vulnerable to scams.

Metamorps

Activity: 220
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 12:07:26 PM

this is not too surprising and is actually very common in the digital world.
even though we feel safe with blockchain technology, we still have to be careful and try to know how to safest our assets

❐ Zeex  ❐
████ Crypto to product ████
█▄▄   No fiat , No fees  ▄▄█
vladuch1

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:09:05 PM

It's very good that the police are working and arresting these criminals. Although the amount is not very large, it is sadly all the time when honest people steal crypto money. Such scammers need to be found and imprisoned.
lajtman

Activity: 121

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:43:44 PM

Smart people always find the exit from the difficult situation and I am really happy for them, I would like to be so clever as they are now, They are perfect.
lunaelucemauram

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 01:14:10 PM

Just to reiterate the news of OP it is $87 Million USD that was stolen, and it is quite alarming considering only three people did the hacking of the digital assets and with this much damage done it is very questionable the integrity of the platforms in where they have hacked the assets which is not mentioned in the article. The Chinese government should have a solid cryptocurrency policy if these will happen again.
kreditzcoin

Activity: 129
Merit: 6

Noso project developer.

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 01:31:17 PM

Cryptocurrencys are secure meanwhile their crypt algorythm is secure, but as Einstein said: "there are 2 infinite things in the universe..." Many people have their crypto funds stored without good security.

*** https://Nosocoin.com ***
Bencus

Activity: 265
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 01:35:26 PM

Three person with $87 million?
Quite a luxurious life they can have after this theft.
But it reminds me that nothing is safe online, how sad.
StevenPop

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:29:04 AM

These is sad news. Imagine what the people who they must have hacked will be going through right now. Their funds, investments, all gone, taken by people who didn't work for it. I hope that these hackers get caught, and severely punished, and if possible, have them return all of the stolen cryptocurrencies to their respective owners.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: