Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:06:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins portfolio 2018  (Read 479 times)
h86jzzz (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 06:04:46 AM

Hey guys,

I would really appreciate it, if you could comment my portfolio. I hold ADA, VET, ONT, ICX, EOS, OMG, WAN, XRP, NEO. Proportions of coins are almost in the equal %. What you guys think of potential / risk with holding these ones long term ?

Thnx for your comments, peace.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hewbrowden

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:06:16 AM

I believe that EOS, XRP, NEO may be good for long-term storage. But such coins can be very volatile. About others are not sure, I think that they are risky.
xcbjsuw

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:38:57 AM

I believe that EOS, XRP, NEO may be good for long-term storage. But such coins can be very volatile. About others are not sure, I think that they are risky.

And don't forget the ADA / Cardano, OMG Omisego is one of the old tokens that are still good for long term.
except VET, ONT, ICX and WAN. Myself still don't know much about the coin.
mobilezz

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:10:30 AM

Now take any coin and you will not lose. Another thing is that in the future, almost half of them will depreciate, but if you manage to have them in time you will throw off in a good plus. On your coins it's VET, WAN.

joelsamuya

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

https://emirex.com

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:42:07 AM

Hey guys,

I would really appreciate it, if you could comment my portfolio. I hold ADA, VET, ONT, ICX, EOS, OMG, WAN, XRP, NEO. Proportions of coins are almost in the equal %. What you guys think of potential / risk with holding these ones long term ?

I bet that the ADA, EOS OMG NEO XRP will give you more profits in the long years if you would hold it, i am sure of that, but you still need to monitor any future developments of this project because we still have no assurance of their longevity.

Oh wait, why you didnt have BTC and ETH you should have it anyway.
dimonstration

Activity: 2590
Merit: 660

Dimon6969

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:55:37 AM

Hey guys,

I bet that the ADA, EOS OMG NEO XRP will give you more profits in the long years if you would hold it, i am sure of that, but you still need to monitor any future developments of this project because we still have no assurance of their longevity.

Oh wait, why you didnt have BTC and ETH you should have it anyway.

The crypto that will mentioned of the OP like ADA, NEO, EOS, and  XRP is really good but among the rest I am not familiar.
In my opinion you should add to your portfolio the popular coin with a great potential like bitcoin and ethereum.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
pacifista

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:59:42 AM

Stellar,eos, credits ,blue protocol and ip exchange these are the coins that follows my heart. Indeed my altcoin portfolio this 2018 -2019
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:51:31 AM

it is not a good idea to start bag holding altcoins and call it a "portfolio". you can ask all those newbies who started last year and fell for the "portfolio" scheme and lost all their lifesavings in pump and dump altcoins.

the problem is, there is no stopping the altcoin dumps since they have no future. so when the dump comes and you have multiple bags, it is going to be impossible for you to sell them in time. then it becomes too late to sell by the time you make a move so you hold longer and the small dead cat bounce happens. so you hold some more time. then another dump comes and the same thing repeats. this is repeated multiple times until you lose 80% to 90% of your investment and now you are broke.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
terrific

Activity: 2128
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:05:24 PM

No bitcoin on that portfolio? Why diversify too much and ignore the best which will uplift your portfolio.
Most of those coins are only pump and dump, once bitcoins dominance increases again, you'll be in pain.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

nsasuiteb

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

BAILOUT

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:25:32 PM

I think the risk is high while returns may not be high so I suggest adding oax which may give very high returns. Also btc you should have either way.

h86jzzz (OP)

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 01:05:13 PM

it is not a good idea to start bag holding altcoins and call it a "portfolio". you can ask all those newbies who started last year and fell for the "portfolio" scheme and lost all their lifesavings in pump and dump altcoins.

the problem is, there is no stopping the altcoin dumps since they have no future. so when the dump comes and you have multiple bags, it is going to be impossible for you to sell them in time. then it becomes too late to sell by the time you make a move so you hold longer and the small dead cat bounce happens. so you hold some more time. then another dump comes and the same thing repeats. this is repeated multiple times until you lose 80% to 90% of your investment and now you are broke.

Ok, so let make it clear. I'm certainly planning on adding some BTC and ETH while the pumps of my alts happens in the time.. however, i can't agree that alts have no future and that most of them are just pump & dumps coins. It looks like that you didn't read a lot about this projects. At least some of them certainly have a bright future in front of them.

Peace.
WhaleTank

Activity: 172
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 02:29:13 PM

USDT 30%
BTC 20%
ETH 10%
EOS 5%
XRP 3%
NEO 3%
LTC 7%
ZEC 11%
XMR 11%
WhaleTank Trade
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18511

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:38:44 PM

At least 50% of your holdings should be in BTC. You might get lucky with a random altcoin pump, but for the vast majority they just follow Bitcoin. You are increasing your risk much more than you are increasing your potential gains by not holding >50% BTC.

Also, EOS is a centralized scam. Sell it ASAP.
kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:27:50 PM

I think i am not in a mood to talk about altcoin portfolio at the moment, because my alt portfolio is showing me depressive results most of my alt holdings is like minus 10x from high levels which is very painful to see, although we are seeing some tough times but still i think that good alts will soon see big movements and growth in value, some of the good ones include eth, ltc, xrp, ada, icx, aion, eos and neo.

KryptoKai

Activity: 630

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:42:34 PM

At least 10% of your holdings should be in BTC, the others will vary according to market sentiment and news. EOS has been hyped up a lot but the distribution is poor so it is basically centralised. NEO is a useful coin with a good future so you can stack up on those, ADA and VEN are also hyped so they might moon or just flatline.

temmuz

Activity: 784
Merit: 425

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:49:45 PM

a solid portfolio. high volume investment, most high volume tokens
PrinceKael

Activity: 30
Merit: 7

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 01:43:28 AM

Just a note, don't just buy/sell what everyone else says - just take what they say as a springboard for researching ideas yourself.

That being said, I personally feel you should at least have a decent percentage of Bitcoin and most of your holdings are projects that have a lot of hype, especially in Asia.

I'm fascinated by ADA, but it's risky because they're valued quite high without a big working ecosystem. A small holding in it is okay though.

I'm not an expert in supply chain projects like VET and have done little research on WAN, ICON and ONT. I'm also a little skeptical of EOS and NEO due to lack of decentralisation, so is XRP but I guess they're target market is financial institutions anyway.

OMG looks pretty cool, but I'm unsure how it compares to projects like 0x, Komodo, Kyber, Loopring and Blocknet.
pageraji

Activity: 966

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:01:22 PM

Hey guys,

i hold some ADA/ cardano right now, i think in the future this coin have potential back to 1 $ price like last year..
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:33:02 PM

There are only two good coins that are worth holding for the long-term, XRP and NEO. The rest are good coins but I would definitly go for the short-term route, the altcoin market is way too risky for the long run as price swings are massive, you could be left holding worthless bags by the time you check the price of X or Y coin (if you're going for the long-term).

Also, I'd recommend you to dump EOS asap, or at least during the next altcoin cycle, I don't think this overhyped shitcoin has any future.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
KyberJaxx

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:45:47 PM

I believe that your investments are very good both for a long time and for the average. I have a part of those altcoys that you have.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
https://www.betformcoin.io/
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: