Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:23:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Did any forum member have a major loss because of MtGox?  (Read 717 times)
the_poet (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:49:51 PM

As a new member, when I joined the Bitcoin world, luckily the forum was full of warnings against MtGox so I didn't even think about setting up an account there. However I'm aware that MtGox used to be THE exchange and it was taken as a reference especially by early adopters. Has any member lost a significant amount of money there causing him/her serious financial damage? How is this unfortunate event going to change your investment strategy?

Under construction.
Stevenrm87

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:54:28 PM

Nope only people on the litecoin forum lost their bitcoins. We were all good over here.

Selling fully funded Titan BTC Physical Bitcoins, Gold and SIlver - BTC Physical Bitcoins BTC PM if interested.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:57:36 PM

Nope only people on the litecoin forum lost their bitcoins. We were all good over here.

I love how Karpeles bought himself some more stall time by saying that his system was down to add Litecoin to it and all the litecoiners ate it up. lol

heisthere

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:58:02 PM

stupid question, Mtgox claimed $63.6m dollars plus 750-850k bitcoins debt,

you tell me are there any users lost huge money?
broolstoryco

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

Enemy of the State

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 08:07:27 PM

Has any member lost a significant amount of money there causing him/her serious financial damage

No, on the whole we are up 80k BTC. But thank you for your concern!
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 08:07:39 PM

I've been warning people about mtgox for years. They've had too much government involvement. USA is so much up mtgox's butt at this point that you have to consider that this whole mess is a 'problem, reaction, solution" operation.

After all, the coins were supposed to be in cold storage and it would be an easy matter for Gox to prove funds with addresses. The important point: The Feds know this.Then why the hell is there still a mystery as to where they are?

The only conclusion that can be drawn that makes sense is that the US government has stolen the coins, just like they like to do, but this time they're making it into a "we need more regulations to protect from bad actors" meme.

I'm grumpy!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: