Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 04:45:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why does my eth went down?  (Read 410 times)
Earl Edward (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:53:53 AM

But the main reason for ETH go down is the whales.
The value of  your Ether in the wallet is directly proportional to the value of the market. If the market price was high your ether would have been high also but the market is volatile and keep moving according to the sentiments of the market.
That's not what he's asking, you illiterate and irrelevant shitposters.  He understands that the price can decrease, but apparently the number of ETH he has in his wallet decreased.

I know next to nothing about the mechanics of ETH-based tokens, but the explanation that it takes "gas" to send them makes sense to me, and hopefully that's why the coins are missing.  I would think that if the wallet was compromised, the hackers would have taken everything he had.  Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

thank you for the help. you have a very good point. if im going to hack an account i will surely zero it. on my case it just took a portion of it. weel, compromised or not, i think i don't mind creating another MEW and transfer everything. and from now on, keep track of every move that I'm going to do. cheers everyone!
vicarios

Activity: 34

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 06:25:39 AM

I have hope in ETH but it's just going down and down and down! Since last night everything got worse
I saw a very serious sell pressure and that's not good. This market is full of surprises but now I'm not sure about anything!
tonlong

Activity: 726
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:38:41 AM

I think Bitcoin's price increase or Bitcoin price go down will affect the price of all other currencies and ETH is no exception. Recent market fluctuations and ETH significantly reduced when Bitcoin experienced continuous waves. although ETH go down i still believe it go up again.
ShitTL

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:43:56 AM

The reason for the decline of ethics to the present time is the hacker intrusion into a trading floor in the world makes the prestige of the affected investors should affect the price of eth ethylene prices fall rapidly
Bubblestonemax

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:52:51 AM

This is quite confusing. If its about the dollar price of etherum, the price should go down because market is down at the moment. If its etherum equivalent, you need to protect your account better. Better still, open another account and take your coins to the new account. It would be better that way
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:38:06 PM

If you mean that after a while you saw a decrease in the number of ethereum in your MyEtherWallet purse, this should not happen. To find out what's the matter, you need to log into etherscan.io right in your wallet or dial it on Google and see all the transactions in ethereum in this wallet. If there were any movements of ethereum or tokens, it would show all the necessary information about such movements.
peter0425

Activity: 2688
Merit: 447

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:13:15 PM

I just have a question. i am just new in this venture. I have this new myetherwallet account and put some particular eth coin. i was not able to open the account for 1-2weeks due to some reasons. I opened it yesterday and my eth went down. i understand that the equivalent price for an eth is dynamic, but not the eth itself.  does my own eth also move in response to the market movement even if you dont do anything on it yet? thank you for the help.

No. Your ETH should not be fewer. Can you check the status of your wallet on etherscan.io and see any outgoing transactions? Its weird to see your ETH decreasing and the only "guess" as to why it is happening is that you have been hacked and they are stealing your ETH.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
IGWE423

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:20:24 PM

I just have a question. i am just new in this venture. I have this new myetherwallet account and put some particular eth coin. i was not able to open the account for 1-2weeks due to some reasons. I opened it yesterday and my eth went down. i understand that the equivalent price for an eth is dynamic, but not the eth itself.  does my own eth also move in response to the market movement even if you dont do anything on it yet? thank you for the help.
The market status does affect the number of eth or any other token in your holdings. It might likely be that your wallet has been compromised by some scrupulous elements. I would advise you to create a new myetherwallet and move your remaining eth there or download imtoken. Sorry about your loss!  Don't be discouraged.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:33:55 PM

I just have a question. i am just new in this venture. I have this new myetherwallet account and put some particular eth coin. i was not able to open the account for 1-2weeks due to some reasons. I opened it yesterday and my eth went down. i understand that the equivalent price for an eth is dynamic, but not the eth itself.  does my own eth also move in response to the market movement even if you dont do anything on it yet? thank you for the help.
If the amount of ETH itself went down then you got hacked or you created a wallet in a phishing site and a hacker is stealing your money, create a new wallet in a safe computer without viruses in the right site or install a desktop wallet, do not waste time or there is a chance that you are going to lose all your coins, and next time be more careful with your coins.
Ingoats

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:24:50 PM

It is a bit impossible for the amount of holding to decrease unlike the market value of most cryptos which do so. Given thay that you have met a problem which pushed you on not to open your account for a couple of weeks, maybe it is just a "bug" or something like that wspecially if you didn't have fast transactions. Also, if it is hacked, nothing will be remained because he will surely get all of it.
dchou

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:35:30 PM

Man, sincerely regret of your loose. It's always a pain in the crypto world to keep thing safe.

Are your 100% sure you obtained an official ETH wallet and kept your password and safe phrase in a safe place?
You are lucky still to get access and remain some ETH.

Get new wallet, transfer the funds, turn on 2FA and try to figure out what were the last transactions.
pant-79

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:44:16 PM

If you have ether in the purse of myetherwallet, then it simply is there. Its amount doesn't decrease and doesn't increase if you didn't make the transaction and either didn't bring it out or put it into the wallet. If you yourself didn't make any transactions, but your balance has changed, then maybe your wallet was compromised. Also, there is a possibility that you originally registered on a fishing site.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1141

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:32:41 PM

Everything is all interconnected in the world of cryptocurrency due to the traders and investors switching way to make profits. That's why the level and prices are constantly changing in a way of manner that sometimes unpredictable to notice. All of this you are feeling right now might be temporary so does the drop of prices too because everything will going to back in normal again once they've gone to the other side.

fauzan Ichsan

Activity: 1246
Merit: 102

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:46:48 AM

Everything is all interconnected in the world of cryptocurrency due to the traders and investors switching way to make profits. That's why the level and prices are constantly changing in a way of manner that sometimes unpredictable to notice. All of this you are feeling right now might be temporary so does the drop of prices too because everything will going to back in normal again once they've gone to the other side.
hopefully all will soon return to normal prices. a lot of hope in Q4, where cryptocurrency price habits will rise, this is by looking at the market habits of the previous year. but it is not a guarantee

Reid

Activity: 2926
Merit: 647

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:56:24 AM

It should not move.
I bet you are not hacked too. Cause if you are then there should be zero balance in your account.

One thing I am thinking of the reason behind the deduction of your balance.
It could be that you have used some of it for gas price. You can check your transactions in etherscan. Everything will be there.
You can calculate there what transaction you have done and also when you did it.
richminded

Activity: 798
Merit: 268

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 01:09:50 AM

If you have ether in the purse of myetherwallet, then it simply is there. Its amount doesn't decrease and doesn't increase if you didn't make the transaction and either didn't bring it out or put it into the wallet. If you yourself didn't make any transactions, but your balance has changed, then maybe your wallet was compromised. Also, there is a possibility that you originally registered on a fishing site.
Phishing site might be the reason, because MEW will not maintenance for almost 2weeks. Your actual eth should not be decrease if you don’t do anything on that, maybe its just a paper loss but still your ETH is there. Let’s be careful next time because a lot of hackers are out in this market, protect your wallet as much as possible.
lolehiM92

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 03:19:40 AM

At present prices of ethereum are falling and we have reason to affect the price ethereum that the hacker intrusion affects the price of etherum this I believe they will soon recover.
Wong owah

Activity: 163

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 07:41:16 AM

all ETH prices are decreasing, and we cannot be proud of it, everyone will experience a lot of losses, hopefully the ETH price rises and the ETH price can be like before.
cryptokia

Activity: 198
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:05:00 PM

It is obviously because all the market is going down it is an overall mood which is present in 100% of coins presented in the stage right now, so all of them are falling not the particular ones.
hiru65

Activity: 298

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 12:10:07 PM

It is not only for you it is same for everyone. Eth is went down because of many reasons. Market capasities and circulating capasities are changing rapidly. We can not guess the reason exactly. The only thing which we have to do is keep belive in eth and bitcoin. It is important. In near future eth and btc will be up. When it happens we can get profits. In thepresent market we had better invest in eth
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: