Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:25:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why does MEW usually have trouble?  (Read 930 times)
haidangtp

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:11:12 AM

Are you talking about trouble sending ETH? If I understand correctly, it is probably gas fee that changes. This is not due to MEW but rather to the ETH network.
EastSound

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:12:09 AM

Please do not blame MEW if users are the one responsible for their own problem, like using crappy devices, infected device, and crappy internet.
hell_slayer

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 08:15:39 AM

I don't know what troubles are you talking about . I have no problems with MEW wallet and you need to keep in mind that it is just a software shell for Ethereum blockchain , so if you are facing with delays in transactions it's not MEW , it's eth blockchain .
dobolspeed3

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:20:19 AM

For now MEW is considered to have been delayed and not a mistake. Maybe this problem is not serious but this problem can interfere with someone's transaction. But I'm sure this can all be overcome and will return to normal.
eaglewhite80

Activity: 406
Merit: 36

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:28:38 AM

Maybe if you take your time to read some of the security popup when you enter the MEW site, you will understand why a lot of people always have a problem.

You need to understand that security is something anyone should take serious in this space and if that is lacking and you also lack the understanding of ways to stay secured, it would be a problem using MEW.
I have used MEW for several transactions without a problem. You should know though, that entering your private key most of the time to access MEW can quickly make your wallet vulnerable. Better to log in with a hardware wallet or at least make use of Metamask.
hoavantathan

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:33:48 AM

Sure. It's the common wallet. All new people who start to learn about the crypto world will know and use it. Therefore it has many people use it at the same time. Sometimes i need 3 days to send my token to my friend's wallet.
Tigerheart3026

Activity: 902
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:44:31 AM

It's not the wallet problems, just users have problems with viruses on computers. The only problem that was the substitution of DNS routing.

By installing unwanted and dangerous apps and extension can harm and can be hacked your computer. To make yourself wallet safe need to Please uninstall unverified Extension and apps. Always try to use verify website and always verification system.
kier010

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:56:42 AM

what kind of trouble? i never have trouble using mew. there are many hacks happening but that is because the users are not careful.
Haunebu

Activity: 3066
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 01:49:29 PM

Why does MEW usually have trouble? Because of so many users, aren't there?

Specifically, what kind of trouble are you speaking of?  if you are talking about network congestion troubles then it is partially because of the number of users but this is also more because of the number of network transactions being attempted at any given time.  A good example is from when that crypto kitty game was going on and everyone was playing this game to get collectible crypto kitties which at the same time generated a lot more transactions which overloaded the network and slowed everything way down.  But that wouldn't just hurt MEW, it would hurt anyone transacting any kind of ethereum connected currency such as various ICO tokens.
I agree. Op is being specific about the problem that he/she is facing. I have faced problems on several occasions with the Ethereum network, but the MEW wallet was perfectly fine always. I feel confident about leaving my tokens in my MEW wallet due to the high level security which is why I don't usually worry about leaving my tokens in an online wallet like MEW though I prefer hardware wallets like Trezor. Don't blame the wallet for the network issues op since everyone knows that these issues arise now and then which is something that the developers need to reduce over time.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
jimely0907

Activity: 199

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 01:58:03 PM

if you forget your private key and password to get private key, dont give your private key to anyone so that your MEW cant be hack, and sometimes MEW is lagging, although thats normal.
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 02:13:11 PM

Mew is just like a decentralized, smart contract based wallet, so i do not think it has any problems, yes there is one thing it can sometimes load slowly or the tokens can load slowly depending on the congestion of the network.

abstractednerve

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:20:51 PM

What have you got trouble with myetherwallet? Can you clarify the problem? I used it a long time ago but never had a problem with it

▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████▌ ██████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀███████▄
▄████████  ▄██████▄████████▄
█████████  ▀██▀  ▄██████████
▐██████████▄     ▀███████████▌
▐█████████████  ▄  ▀█████████▌
█████████████ ▐██  █████████
▀████████▀██████▀  ████████▀
▀███████▄       ▄████████▀
▀██████████▌ ██████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
.$martFund.

▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
▀       ▀
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█      ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
   ▀█▀   █    ▄▀       ▀
▄   █   ▄█▄   █▀▄▄   ▄▄▀
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█   ▀█▀   
     █▄       ▄▄   █   ▄█▄
     █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀ █ ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀
     █    █    █    █▄       ▄█
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀
▀       ▀▀       ▀    █   
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█▀▄▄ █ ▄▄
   ▀█▀      ▀█▀   █   ▀▀▀
▄   █   ▄▄   █   ▄
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█▄▀▀
..One-stop Blockchain..
..Investment Solution..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

daicavung

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:24:30 PM

Because the ERC 20 wallet is quite popular and contains a lot of tokens, so hackers are always looking for ways to hack into this purse and maybe they will find a lot of tokens. If they attack the BTC or NEO, it's pretty hard. towels and almost few people use these two types of wallets

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:31:55 PM

MyEtherWallet has been always a target of hackers since lots of members using this wallet for their ERC tokens..I believe that the virus thats been using by these hackers are the main reason why MEW is always under maintenance
Bubblestonemax

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:39:46 PM

Am still yet to understand what type of troubles you are talking about. Am a user of MEW and I have not had any issues with myetherwallet. Be careful when using MEW as their are many phishing sites that wants to steal your funds.
Thai19

Activity: 360

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 07:51:32 PM

Yes, so a few weeks ago I could not transfer the coins, at that time I was suspicious of the internet, but when I asked my friend he was the same. I suspect it could be because of many people using it at the same time. I got this error two or three weeks ago, and the previous time has never been.
Bershie

Activity: 125
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 08:27:18 PM

If your reffering to network congestion, it's normal millions of transaction are happening in MEW withdrawals, deposit, sending to exchanges, token swapping. If you want a faster transaction you must raise your gas a higher settings for miners will prioritiize your transaction.

? ?     stableDEX.io     ||[    IEO is live on ExMarkets    ]    ? ?
? ?? Huh  100% Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective  Huh ?? ?
ogabonny

Activity: 102

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:30:41 PM

It think it is because there are so many people using it and hackers are always trying to exploit it and get funds stored in the wallets
costgranda

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:38:06 PM

It is the most popular e-wallet. Use him a huge number of people because of its high safety. But as is well-known big projects have difficulties too. It is necessary to understand it. MEW is very convenient and safe purse for which it isn't necessary to pay!
MAXE

Activity: 434
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:48:40 PM

MEW problems usually do not arise. Problems arise for users who switch to phishing sites, and enter their private keys there.
Actually, the problems arise from the simplicity and convenience of the MEW.

Therefore for beginners it is better to use Metamask.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: