Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:32:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why does MEW usually have trouble?  (Read 930 times)
CryptoAssasin

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 09:27:01 AM

Competition in crypto wallets or ERC20 tokens are getting stronger day by day. There are a lot of possibilities and reasons why MEW have problems and that "usually" of yours is very common for that wallet. Why? Because they are the biggest and strongest competitor of ERC20 wallets and MEW issues are being highlighted because they are one of the oldest wallet.

Crypto made easier  ██░██ ██ █▄░█ ▄▀▄ █▀▄ ▄▀▄ ▀▄░▄▀MenaPay.io
than cash█░▀░█ █▄ █░▀█ █▀█ █▀░ █▀█ ░░█░░
nianastasia62

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 04:26:50 PM

He is a good and reliable wallet just all the problems because of phishing ! Be careful and life will be happy )

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
EmmettBrownRu

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 04:29:37 PM

The market is young. Infrastructure is also very young. MEW is generally a site. And attacking a site is always easier than attacking an application.

BALIK
Copper Member

Activity: 2086
Merit: 593

🍓 BALIK Never DM First

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 04:33:41 PM

Myetherwallet doesn't suffer from issues that often, but it definitely is one of the most popular ERC20 wallets out there. Usually the actual wallet doesn't get hacked, but instead the DNS or server associatd with it. I don't think I've ever seen somebody actually exploit the code of an extremely popular wallet to steal crypto.

adolf512

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:05:33 AM

MEW is the most popular wallet that accepts all erc-20 tokens, so many scammers try to hack it, by our carelessness and inattention. If we do not go to suspicious sites and links, and we will keep our private key safe - there will be no problems.

Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:08:25 AM

Why does MEW usually have trouble? Because of so many users, aren't there?
What is the trouble? I have never had trouble getting too many users because MEW can provide very good service. If you can not send ETH or Token, then that is the problem from the ETH network.
In addition, MEW has never been hacked into the system, and sometimes I only see a few DNS attacks but these attacks can be prevented by the metamask.

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
reil2014

Activity: 966
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:10:40 AM

Trouble is everywhere, even on some wallet they have trouble too. But for me , i think not all trouble is cause by MEW itself. Theres a lot of factor to be considered, first network, if theres alot using it , then it called traffic, this not cause by Mew..2nd Gas, some dont know the exact amount of gas to pay, then tranaction failed. Better be ready on this change.
Xiaolongnu

Activity: 375
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:13:10 AM

MEW is generally a website which created to communicate with Ethereum blockchain, its troubles is problems of web developments, it not the problem of Ethereum Blockchain.
lavishlifing

Activity: 143

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:17:13 AM

What trouble are you talking about? I am using MEW for a year now and
so far so good, well, I encountered a problem but only once.
Olalomi

Activity: 490
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:17:16 AM

We are aware that MEW is prone to phishing and most of the time people are scammed having been careless with their private keys however my advice for tokens hodlers is to always use etheplorer to check the status of their tokens rather logging to their MEW frequently to avoid hacking of their accounts using keyloggers by hackers.
identifyuser

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:01:37 PM

We are aware that MEW is prone to phishing and most of the time people are scammed having been careless with their private keys however my advice for tokens hodlers is to always use etheplorer to check the status of their tokens rather logging to their MEW frequently to avoid hacking of their accounts using keyloggers by hackers.
I have never faced problems on this wallet. Always fast to load and all transactions are also fast. I don't know, but maybe there's something wrong with the number of users. But you always check the website address.
cabron

Activity: 2828
Merit: 600

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 01:11:42 PM

If you are worried so much about phishing, just try downloading the MEW. I have seen this tutorial here in the forum but seem not followed by these newbies which is why they end up a victim of phishing.

visit https://www.myetherwallet.com/
down the page there is a link to Github: Latest Release
download the latest release etherwallet-v3.21.22.zip, extract it and then just drag/open the index.html to your browser inside the folder of the etherwallet

this means using the etherwallet offline.

bayarau

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:24:40 PM

I fully agree that the use of Myetherwallet in stand-alone mode and authorization with the help of Metamask is a 100% security guarantee. I have been using Myetherwallet for a year and have never had any trouble with the translation of tokens. And those users who have problems using Myetherwallet, I advise you to check your computer well, for sure you will find there the source of your problems.
Nat77777

Activity: 89

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:30:00 PM

Hello, in my opinion issues with MEW are largely due to human error. I do not think MEW is really set up for use by a fresh crypto novice, yet there is plenty of training available on their website. And external factors like viruses and dns attack’s are hard to control. So folks need to be careful, just like all things crypto. My best advice is to be smart with how private keys are entered into MEW. A hardware wallet is the best way to use MEW. For me, I tend to use a mobile wallet app for very small amounts and value of tokens and ETH. Otherwise I’d suggest a hardware wallet. Cheers.
iancortis

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:08:27 PM

the traffic and congestion of network i its normal, because thats the sign of a healthy platform system of ethereum. i think you're pointing on the "unable to locate transactions" displaying when sending. i think that problem is your gas limit settings. because gas price is high and low. 
Nivelir

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:10:00 PM

Because this is a very popular project that is constantly used, I think that this is normal, because in this way, through constant use, people begin to understand where it is possible to do something better.
BitNotByte

Activity: 227
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:38:45 PM

The most common trouble occurring on MEW is the visibility of token on the balances panel. This is sometimes because the tokens that are being registered/added to MEW have wrong token address or error on the main token itself.  If you're referring to the total time (delay) before your transaction is picked and processed, this is because of the gas fees and many traders are transferring to and from MEW.  Grin

xbudahx

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:09:21 AM

I use MEW for over a year and there were no problems with it, probably people have problems with viruses on computers as a result of which they lose money.
mylove01

Activity: 78

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:29:21 AM

I think all newbie has trouble because some of the crypto currency bounty are scam and newbie can't recognize or difrentiate between good one and scam one
StevenPop

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 11:07:55 AM

Uhmmm... I have been using myetherwallet for quite some time, and I have never had issues with it. I don't know why you are having issues with yours, but it has never been like that for me. Maybe clear your browser, and free up some space on your phone, before opening the page again, and see how it goes. Hopefully, it doesn't give you all that trouble again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: