Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:53:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Competition between altcoins  (Read 2203 times)
mayokaren

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:12:28 PM

This is business and it's a free market while those developers are free to create a coin or token we can see many new ICO to be launched. This will not stop unless a new regulations will be implemented. Better to invest only on those project that has enough proofs that it's a legit not just a hype.
zhengqi

Activity: 632
Merit: 60

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:17:00 PM

I think that now we need to take from the cryptocurrency as much as possible, as long as we have such an opportunity. The choice of coins is huge, the growth potential can also be impressive. If crypto is will going to be regulated, then it is not known how well it will affect it.

Huntler1993

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:23:01 PM

Until the world's problem comes to an end till we see a change. Day in day out  new problems evolve which requires genuine solution. For we to get solutions to such problems will always lead to the introduction of these coins which i think is not bad at all. Competition among  these coins makes the Crypto world interesting but the competition should be looked at whether healthy or not.
salfogox

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:37:16 PM

I think that countries will eventually accept change and develop their own crypto-currency. people will find them safer. but there will be fewer coins in world standards.
KobbyC

Activity: 361

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:48:49 PM

ETH, Bitcoin cash and ripple all started from a similar point where these new coins are starting. But now they are really valued and popular. Not all ICOs can survive, some will die out. But as some of them die off, the rest will survive. Cryptocurrencies won't die out completely. Coins begin to compete when they have a similar project and idea. If you really want to invest in a promising coin coming out soon, choose ETHL and 4new.
aleksnutis

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:27:25 AM

Of course to change, any market will become more intelligent with time. Healthy competition and natural selection will do their part. A large number of shit coins disappear from the market.
SHawk

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:34:33 AM

I am sure in future as long as altcoin is concerned, the number will be reduced because most of the shitcoins will possibly crash because they will not be able to survive the crypto market but the legit ones will remain. I am also sure the rate at which altcoins come in will be reduced because investors will only be interested in more potential coins than in just anyhow coin.
rickyNmorty

Activity: 451
Merit: 15

Investor

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:37:37 AM

For sure I believe that a lot of shitcoins are eventually going to die, but this is not due to the fact that there are a lot many coins.
When you compare such things with stock, there are enormous stocks available on exchanges which keeps on getting added time to time and a lot of them get delisted because they are not able to keep the daily required volume.
A big number of cryptocurrencies is good in a way, as it spreads more awareness but if they cant keep there worth over the time they are going to die.

This is true. Those other coins that are not really in a good state are just created to add some spice to the cryptocurrency. With this, those coins will not probably affect the cryptocurrency bigtime. There might be a competition but still the coins on top will reign, and the altcoins aside from those who are on top will not be given by much attention.
armack18

Activity: 129
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:38:15 AM

It is really good that this competition take place on the cryptomarket because the amount of altcoins is too large and I am sure that not all of them worthy for buying so this cleaning is necessary to be.
haryatiposton01

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:47:52 AM

I think that altcoin competition is natural because cryptocurrency is a trade as well as an exchange for many altcoins carried out by investors and bounty hunters, I think in crypto trading we need tactics, you can hold it for a long time or you can hold it in a short time, I think the number of altcoins will continue to increase.
prikitiw

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:48:05 AM

Many shitcoins will eventually die, but this is not due to the fact that there are lots of coins, but because the coins don't have a clear purpose and their development team fails to develop the coin. There are lots of coins in the crypto market and new coins emerge every day with different objectives but I don't think that all compete with each other but they go together with the traders who can exchange.
prosokeslo

Activity: 89

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:13:41 AM

I think that competition between these coins is one that is actually inevitable and is good for the industry. Each one of them is trying to take the leading position, hence set in a natural position of competition. Thing is at the end of the day, those that are meant to survive, and and those that weren't meant to will die regardless.
Kramblerty

Activity: 266
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:19:49 AM

Well, this question is not so much about altcoins as such as about free and unrestricted competition between cryptocurrencies, by and large, bitcoin included. I think it is the first time in the modern history when it is possible to see how currencies can compete against each other without government intervention promoting one coin and trying to compromise another. If I'm not mistaken, right now we have over 1000 different cryptocurrencies. I don't know about you but to me it is an obvious overkill, a lot more than we will ever need, for real life. So how are things going to develop in the coming years? Will most of these currencies die out eventually and thus their total number is going to decline dramatically or will we always have an influx of a shitload of new coins?

What should we expect from cryptocurrencies on the scale of years or even decades? How many will be there and how many do we actually need?

No one can predict the future. But we can look at the past and draw the trend line. So, if during the next 12-month eth or btc will not go to 0 then the whole crypto industry will survive.

If eth will be even 1 USD then anyway it means a positive trend: growth from 0 to 1400 and then to 1.
vicvicto17

Activity: 362
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:25:00 AM

1. What should we expect from cryptocurrencies on the scale of years or even decades? 2. How many will be there and how many do we actually need?

1. If ICOs won't be regulated within this year or next coming years then we will have a sea of trash icos that doesn't have real usage and all are thinking an exit scam and soon icos will be dead.

2. There will be no exact number as long as the coins are essential and sustainable in the community it will and should remain.

I think that's not even possible, we all know that we are manipulated by the government, the real issue here is about the regulation thing. If they regulated it then ICO's will have a future but there's a limitation they should register it on SEC so government will recognize that as securities.
maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:31:51 AM

I also think like that, indeed too many crypto they always compete to lure potential investors to buy their coins, they always try to get their coin prices up but will they last long? I think there will come a time when investors are not interested in their coins, investors will see other coins that they consider more profitable, and their coins will die
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:35:12 AM

Some coins that do not have uses in the industry just die down a natural death we have hundreds of new coins in a year and only half of it was able to survive, this is why we need to ask ourselves what will this bring to the table before we are going to invest in that project.
tee-rex (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 12:13:23 PM

Well, this question is not so much about altcoins as such as about free and unrestricted competition between cryptocurrencies, by and large, bitcoin included. I think it is the first time in the modern history when it is possible to see how currencies can compete against each other without government intervention promoting one coin and trying to compromise another. If I'm not mistaken, right now we have over 1000 different cryptocurrencies. I don't know about you but to me it is an obvious overkill, a lot more than we will ever need, for real life. So how are things going to develop in the coming years? Will most of these currencies die out eventually and thus their total number is going to decline dramatically or will we always have an influx of a shitload of new coins?

What should we expect from cryptocurrencies on the scale of years or even decades? How many will be there and how many do we actually need?

No one can predict the future. But we can look at the past and draw the trend line. So, if during the next 12-month eth or btc will not go to 0 then the whole crypto industry will survive.

If eth will be even 1 USD then anyway it means a positive trend: growth from 0 to 1400 and then to 1.

If you ask me, such inferences are pointless. I don't know whether they may make sense even from a purely academic point of view (I'm not an academic anyway), but in the eyes of an investor or trader they are not just meaningless but also offensive and derogatory. It won't matter if some coin first rose from 0 to 1400 and then went down to 1 and that would be, according to you, still a positive trend if you lost an insane amount of money in the process. And it is not only about you and me personally. It means the fiasco of the whole market and the coin in question as such.
sebastianweyer655@gmail.c

Activity: 103

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 02:38:24 PM

Don't really think it matters too much, there's still a big enough market for all of them if they do well.
CaMeRoNy

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 04:23:06 PM

I think that it is impossible to speak here about any healthy competition. As for me, large corporations and companies are even worse than governments, as they often act outside the law.

lihaidong198871

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:32:31 PM

1. What should we expect from cryptocurrencies on the scale of years or even decades? 2. How many will be there and how many do we actually need?

1. If ICOs won't be regulated within this year or next coming years then we will have a sea of trash icos that doesn't have real usage and all are thinking an exit scam and soon icos will be dead.

2. There will be no exact number as long as the coins are essential and sustainable in the community it will and should remain.

Regarding No. 1 you said, before the ICO was born, many projects had already called for investment and had died, it does not depend on how many ICOs die. But what ICOs will do wonders in this industry
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: