Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:32:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Competition between altcoins  (Read 2203 times)
babsjoe

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 06:58:44 AM

I think the future of cryptocurrency is going be more interesting than previously thought! We saw how ethereum platform change the usual ipo/ico project into a mainstream event in cryptocurrency so much so the centralized are taking interest in it and are preparing to include it in their economic and investment blue print!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vargum

Activity: 322

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 07:05:01 AM

Altcoins is of course a great many now and in time they will not go anywhere, only weak coins will leave the market, new ones will take their place. The cryptoindustry is developing, going forward and I think over time will further strengthen its position

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
cbIpok

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 07:06:24 AM

Up to a point, the number of altcoins will increase even more. But the number of survivors will be small and will be determined by which one really works.
marufnang

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 07:17:25 AM

Well, this question is not so much about altcoins as such as about free and unrestricted competition between cryptocurrencies, by and large, bitcoin included. I think it is the first time in the modern history when it is possible to see how currencies can compete against each other without government intervention promoting one coin and trying to compromise another. If I'm not mistaken, right now we have over 1000 different cryptocurrencies. I don't know about you but to me it is an obvious overkill, a lot more than we will ever need, for real life. So how are things going to develop in the coming years? Will most of these currencies die out eventually and thus their total number is going to decline dramatically or will we always have an influx of a shitload of new coins?

What should we expect from cryptocurrencies on the scale of years or even decades? How many will be there and how many do we actually need?
I think a coin that has a good concept along with good team, and also the support from the community will be able to makes the cryptocurrency to thrive among so many other cryptocurrency.
Bunk67

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 07:18:37 AM

There is not competitor among altcoin what i see is low price for all altcoin.. most of the coins are ETH and BITCOIN base so they are affected by the low price of ethereum and bitcoin

●  ●  ●    CryptoMarketAds    ●  ●  ●
►  Democratize Crypto Advertising & Marketing  ◄
dubynin.ilya

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 07:25:26 AM

I think the more altcoins we have, the more the market will grow and develop. Competition is always growth, because projects have to develop and offer more sophisticated products. Therefore, I see nothing wrong with that now over 1000 coins. Many will die, many will eventually enter the top 50, those are all good movements at the market. But the main problem is the fact that very low market capitalization lack of financial resources limits the development of projects and the market.
3lyntmy

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 07:26:37 AM

Well, this question is not so much about altcoins as such as about free and unrestricted competition between cryptocurrencies, by and large, bitcoin included. I think it is the first time in the modern history when it is possible to see how currencies can compete against each other without government intervention promoting one coin and trying to compromise another. If I'm not mistaken, right now we have over 1000 different cryptocurrencies. I don't know about you but to me it is an obvious overkill, a lot more than we will ever need, for real life. So how are things going to develop in the coming years? Will most of these currencies die out eventually and thus their total number is going to decline dramatically or will we always have an influx of a shitload of new coins?

What should we expect from cryptocurrencies on the scale of years or even decades? How many will be there and how many do we actually need?

for my opinion, i think one or maybe maximum 5 cryto is enough for our market..too many crypto actually not a good sign for market  Smiley
baricuri

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 07:37:21 AM

Altcoins is of course a great many now and in time they will not go anywhere, only weak coins will leave the market, new ones will take their place. The cryptoindustry is developing, going forward and I think over time will further strengthen its position
I participated in the Bounty campaign and received quite a few bad quality tokens and could not be exchanged. This suggests that ICOs are quite risky, and we invest in them at high risk. If these ICOs are traded, then they are always lower than they are in the tokens. That is what I see at the present time.

Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 09:20:24 AM

I participated in the Bounty campaign and received quite a few bad quality tokens and could not be exchanged. This suggests that ICOs are quite risky, and we invest in them at high risk. If these ICOs are traded, then they are always lower than they are in the tokens. That is what I see at the present time.
Because of too many project that has been raised, most of them are just a copy of a existing project and don't have any future usage, the competition are between real and usable project, we should understand that from time to time investors and traders also concerned about their hard earned money and this era is no longer based from luck but accompanied by hard research and good analyzations.
sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 05:25:53 PM

for my opinion, i think one or maybe maximum 5 cryto is enough for our market..too many crypto actually not a good sign for market  Smiley

Of course now there are a lot of coins on the market but most of them have no value and will soon die because not interesting for investors.
goldSkylark

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 01:17:17 AM

In the future, we should expect fewer coins. New cryptos are created for three basic reasons, in my opinion: to make quick money, to introduce new features or to scam people.
Hopefully better security features (or if the government will intervene) will eliminate scams in the future. So perhaps 10-12 coins should be a good number?
Tory-Tory

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

“Blockchain Powered Clinical Trial Management”

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 09:03:40 AM

Healthy competition allows the market to grow quickly. Fortunately, in the cryptocurrency market there is no lobbying of some blockchains and prohibition of others. This gives us a chance to see strong technology growth.

@rt27

Activity: 227
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 09:16:06 AM

The more the better to determine what we actually need. If we close the door for the new altcoins to come we cannot identify their identity if they are the important one or they are the shit one. The competition is normal and only the fittest will survive.
juragankambing

Activity: 125

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 09:17:51 AM

I really agree with you that there are currently lots of altcoins in crypto, and have different functions and uses, but they have the same altcoins as investment, both short and long term,
no one knows for sure how many altcoins will come in the future because we all know that cryptocurrency continues to grow every day
xbudahx

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 10:17:01 AM

To my mind the tokens in their current incarnation have no future, in order for them to interest investors they must pay dividends like a shares. And all utility tokens will disappear in the near future.
pharaon

Activity: 753

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 10:23:01 AM

At the moment, there are already more than 2,000 coins on the market, and I believe that their number will not decrease as new projects appear constantly. Most of them do not have a working product and do not have any usefulness, but nevertheless I am sure that some of them will be able to realize their projects and using their technologies will bring us some benefit in everyday life.
Nasonn

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 10:42:09 AM

I think in the years to come we will continue to see more altcoins entering the market but by that time those who have intrinsic value will be at the top while the rest will literally be worth peanuts.
ivanleon

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 10:34:37 PM

There will be a dropout of coins over time. As they say, after a certain period of time only the strongest will survive,and the rest will lose in capitalization, and investors will finally lose interest in them. This conclusion is obvious. Even now, the market is just oversaturated with new tokens, but I treat this fact positively +
crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 11:03:13 PM

Well, this phase is like a Hunger Games for the most altcoins. Almost no shot at winning it, but you never know without even trying  Wink. I have not really thought about the actual number of the coins that we will daily use in the future. Ten? Twenty? A single one? So many pros and cons that we will have to consider before making that independent decision. Let's enjoy the present and the fact that there are thousands of people who are working on their projects really hard. I personally believe in a shiny future that would not be possible without their tireless effort  Smiley.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
tarlok01

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 04:35:51 PM

Yes, in present times there is a heavy competition between altcoins strong will build its position and week one will step back soon.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: