Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:18:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Competition between altcoins  (Read 2203 times)
tee-rex (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 07:52:22 PM

Well, this phase is like a Hunger Games for the most altcoins. Almost no shot at winning it, but you never know without even trying  Wink. I have not really thought about the actual number of the coins that we will daily use in the future. Ten? Twenty? A single one? So many pros and cons that we will have to consider before making that independent decision. Let's enjoy the present and the fact that there are thousands of people who are working on their projects really hard. I personally believe in a shiny future that would not be possible without their tireless effort  Smiley.

From my perspective, we are not going to use more than a dozen for anything which is not speculation (read, pump&dump). Bitcoin is kinda reserve currency now in the cryptoworld, a point of reference for other coins. Others seem to be more suitable for regular use if it ever comes to that. I stand for litcoin myself as I'm trying to use it daily, but it is a matter of personal preference. Coins like ethereum or zcash have their own niche or use case, the rest are mostly speculative garbage (such as bitcoin cash, gold, air, whatever).
RedzoneASE

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

TRONscratch.com

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 07:57:13 PM

There are alot of instances that we could see the competition of many Altcoins. We all know that many alts has the same usage and product which truly competes individually who is better.

ataki

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 09:26:28 PM

We have many coins on the market without any use case just pump and dump coins. They raised funds
through ICO and later on the development does not happening. Many such coins will fail and disappear
from the market.
bep42

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 06:20:03 PM

It is difficult to say definitely what will happen with cryptocurrencies in general. It is conceivable that the great part of the Altcoins will disappear from the market, and so the strongest coins will remain only.
halisakal

Activity: 625

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 04:48:38 PM

Well, this question is not so much about altcoins as such as about free and unrestricted competition between cryptocurrencies, by and large, bitcoin included. I think it is the first time in the modern history when it is possible to see how currencies can compete against each other without government intervention promoting one coin and trying to compromise another. If I'm not mistaken, right now we have over 1000 different cryptocurrencies. I don't know about you but to me it is an obvious overkill, a lot more than we will ever need, for real life. So how are things going to develop in the coming years? Will most of these currencies die out eventually and thus their total number is going to decline dramatically or will we always have an influx of a shitload of new coins?

What should we expect from cryptocurrencies on the scale of years or even decades? How many will be there and how many do we actually need?
the period you have mentioned will probably bring up to the table some drastic changes, yet not unexpected. for instance, i believe that at least a half of present coin amount will reduce
great.crypto.finansist

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 02:18:10 PM

So far, only self-regulation exists on the crypto space. Someone considers it a plus, someone considers it a minus. Time will judge these opinions. Each coin in the market carries its own role and competition is not greatly affected. Coins will become much more, I do not see anything terrible in this.
Absolutep

Activity: 434
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 02:42:31 PM

We have too many coin and the competition is very stiff now, but at the long run,only few of those alt coin will survive because am expecting some restriction sooner or later probably from government. government
gunhell16

Activity: 1708
Merit: 491

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 02:44:27 PM

The more alternative currency in the market the more project will be done for the world.
The competition will state who will be better and stronger.
The people is the only one to decide, by giving the demand to the ICO or tokens.
Those who will not survive will be gone,

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

danfred

Activity: 304

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 09:27:30 AM

Well, this question is not so much about altcoins as such as about free and unrestricted competition between cryptocurrencies, by and large, bitcoin included. I think it is the first time in the modern history when it is possible to see how currencies can compete against each other without government intervention promoting one coin and trying to compromise another. If I'm not mistaken, right now we have over 1000 different cryptocurrencies. I don't know about you but to me it is an obvious overkill, a lot more than we will ever need, for real life. So how are things going to develop in the coming years? Will most of these currencies die out eventually and thus their total number is going to decline dramatically or will we always have an influx of a shitload of new coins?

What should we expect from cryptocurrencies on the scale of years or even decades? How many will be there and how many do we actually need?

Since most of altcoins are copies, I can see no real competiton. Only the platforms that offer something completely new and demanded have a chance of success.
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 09:33:30 AM

Competition brings quality. All cryptocurrencies are under pressure, they need to be active in developing better and better blockchain technology.
Simayi

Activity: 360
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 09:37:25 AM

Investors have begun to get tired of the profitable time of old coins, they seem to prefer the new altcoin, because they can quickly get profits and high returns!

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
piepie.asean

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 09:42:04 AM

Probably the most interesting financial trend of 2017 is the spread of digital currency, especially in the Ethereum ecosystem. With the ICO boom, many different business models have been connected to the token or blockchain.
suprex333

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 09:46:34 AM

Altcoin competition will make the coin better and more active in every move. So the team will look for loopholes to be more creative and more weighty, besides being able to develop well.

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
Joshapat

Activity: 1526
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 09:58:54 AM

Competition between altcoins is currently very tight, the number of altcoins that have now reached more than 2100 will certainly make altcoins with small marketcaps to die, to be able to maintain altcoins of course devs. must have large capital or look for new investors

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

mirawantirinjana

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 10:05:47 AM

Your competition for various altcoins is very fierce. with the emergence of a successful new token and immediately enter the list resolved crypto currency ranking in the market.
Psec
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 10:08:36 AM

One of the main cause of high volatility is because we have many Crypto that are enticing to investors. Investors find it very to difficult to choose among 100s of them. This is one of the disadvantages of unregulated environment because people don't need to comply with any law.
Alisha FR

Activity: 868
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 10:34:47 AM

competition between altcoin will have a positive effect on the development of cryptocurrency, I see it from a numerical and market basis, the existence of Altcoin is currently causing the development of cryptocurrency in bulk, with various advantages that I think crypto will be an important part of the future of the world and will not die

rippar

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 10:38:54 AM

competition between altcoin will have a positive effect on the development of cryptocurrency, I see it from a numerical and market basis, the existence of Altcoin is currently causing the development of cryptocurrency in bulk, with various advantages that I think crypto will be an important part of the future of the world and will not die
You know, the development team is not interested in competition between altcoin. They do their best to bring a liquidity, a new technology in their project, but they don't think about any competition between these projects.
Siegtal81

Activity: 334

Global Trans-Fee Mining Exchange

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 10:41:15 AM

When altcoin is based on BTC is would never be able to become BTC competitor. The same thing should be said about Ethereum based tokens.

MegaPost

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 11:13:52 AM

Competition is what we need for market to recover, but it is clear that competition should be fair. Now there is no rules and it gives fakes a lot of space.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: