Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:34:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt.Gox: USA Cash Deposits are Back!  (Read 1700 times)
MtGox_Adam (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2011, 09:28:06 AM

via: https://mtgox.com/press_release_20111017.html

Mt.Gox - Simplify your life with cash deposits!
TOKYO, JAPAN - October 17, 2011 - Purchasing Bitcoins has never been easier! Starting today all verified Mt.Gox users based in the USA will be able to purchase Bitcoin via cash deposit at any of the many Chase Bank branches across the country.

With over 1,500 branches, Chase is an ideal partner for Mt.Gox in the USA, providing anyone interested in purchasing Bitcoins a quick, simple and safe way of doing so.

How Does It Work?
Once you upgrade to a verified Mt.Gox account, simply walk into any Chase branch and fill out a Chase deposit slip with the following information:

1. The deposit date.
2. The customer name, being "Mt.Gox".
3. Your Mt.Gox customer account number - "MTG#####X" (E.g. below)
4. Your signature.
5. The Mt.Gox Chase account Number, accessible via the Mt.Gox Add Fund page.
6. Your total deposit amount in USD.

Chase deposit sample

Once your deposit is processed by Chase, your Mt.Gox account will be credited within one business day and very soon (once our automatic processing system is in place), within one hour.

To locate your nearest Chase Bank branch, please access https://locator.chase.com

How To Become a Verified Customer?
To become a verified Mt.Gox customer you need to submit the following documentation:
1. A copy of your valid government issued photo identification (Driver's license, passport, etc.)
2. A copy of a utility bill or other proof of residence, displaying your current residential address. (Must have been issued within the last 3 months, bank statements are not valid).

Regards
Mt.Gox Co. Ltd Team.

Media Contacts
press@mtgox.com
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eldentyrell_old

Activity: 30

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 08:39:44 AM

So, I'd like to report that this process is not working smoothly.

I made a deposit more than 36 hours ago, scanned and emailed my deposit reciept to MtGox, and the funds still haven't been credited.  Several emails to their support team keep getting the same response: "We will notify you when your cash deposit is credited to your account."

ExchB credited my deposits within an hour most of the time, and never even once took more than two hours.

*sigh*

No big deal if the price stays where it is, but it sure will stink if it suddenly goes up 25% (which is quite possible considering the gigantic plunge the price just took).
bitflower

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 09:01:19 AM

So, I'd like to report that this process is not working smoothly.

I made a deposit more than 36 hours ago, scanned and emailed my deposit reciept to MtGox, and the funds still haven't been credited.  Several emails to their support team keep getting the same response: "We will notify you when your cash deposit is credited to your account."

ExchB credited my deposits within an hour most of the time, and never even once took more than two hours.

*sigh*

No big deal if the price stays where it is, but it sure will stink if it suddenly goes up 25% (which is quite possible considering the gigantic plunge the price just took).

We are sorry that this is taking awhile to process. Your cash deposits are being cleared and processed by Chase as of now. As soon as it is credited to your account, you will be notified by a Mt.Gox Support staff.
TheBlackDahlia

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 04:55:12 PM

50 hours and counting, no signs of my deposit anywhere.  Angry

Cash deposits are cleared by Chase immediately, the images of deposit slips are available 24 hours thereafter (try it out Mt.Gox, Chase.Com, it's simple).

Sent Mt.Gox a copy of my deposit receipt...completely ignored. I just keep on getting automated responses about how they'll contact me once it's in my account. The least you guys can do is credit my account temporarily since I sent you proof of my deposit (which shows the last 4 digits of Mt.Gox's Acct # and the amount deposited).

Check the other thread about this. Your buddy, Mt.Gox Support, first said it's specific data that Chase was withholding from you guys (assumed it was the deposit receipt). Then, 7 hours later, another post about they finally (yeeaa right) found the problem, technician will need at least 12 hours.  Huh

I call bullshit on all this. Something's going on behind the scenes and I don't like the smell of it.
eldentyrell_old

Activity: 30

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 06:40:11 PM

Yep, it's been 48 hours for me and my money is nowhere to be found.

Very shady.  I wonder if MtGox is having solvency issues?
TheBlackDahlia

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 07:45:10 PM

Yep, it's been 48 hours for me and my money is nowhere to be found.

Very shady.  I wonder if MtGox is having solvency issues?

At least I know I'm not alone on this  Undecided

Here's another excuse they sent me...

"Hello,

We are currently waiting for the confirmation of all deposits from Chase Bank. Once this is completed, your funds will be credited. Thank you for your patience in the process.

Thanks,

MtGox.com Team"

SMH
TheBlackDahlia

View Profile
October 21, 2011, 09:32:00 AM

65 hours later and I finally have it in my account. Not too impressed, but at least I was given updates on this forum unlike the email/support route.
bitflower

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 21, 2011, 09:33:12 AM

We are sorry for the delay guys, but all Chase deposits have been deposited to your account now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: