Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:42:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: transaction not confirmed - what can i do?  (Read 1927 times)
erre (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:05:51 AM

So, as far as i understand, i could "double-spend" these money also if my wallet say i have not enough credit? If i can't, i need to "export" my wallet somehow i suppose, that should work right?

I wrote to support, but they responded like this:

Mandrik (Blockchain)

Hello, Btcerre! Any unconfirmed transactions will either eventually confirm or be rejected. Including a transaction fee of at least 0.0001 bitcoin will almost always assure that it gets confirmed faster. If it eventually is rejected, then the funds would appear in your wallet again. The only thing you can do at this point is to wait and see if the transaction is accepted into a block. Blockchain.info has no control over this, and cannot expedite transactions. This is always dependent upon the bitcoin network itself.

-----
Mandrik | Blockchain.info Support

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
M4v3R

Activity: 607
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:14:21 AM

Yes, actually you could export your private key for that wallet, import it into bitcoind or another web wallet with that function, and you will be able to spend these funds.

Edit: Their response is just a copy-paste. They didn't even bothered to check that the transaction does NOT appear elsewhere on the Bitcoin network, so they DO have control over it.
erre (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:46:15 PM

They replied:

Mandrik (Blockchain)

Feb 25 13:37

Hello, Btcerre! Any unconfirmed transactions will either eventually confirm or be rejected. Including a transaction fee of at least 0.0001 bitcoin will almost always assure that it gets confirmed faster. If it eventually is rejected, then the funds would appear in your wallet again. The only thing you can do at this point is to wait and see if the transaction is accepted into a block. Blockchain.info has no control over this, and cannot expedite transactions. This is always dependent upon the bitcoin network itself.

-----

After 8 days, transaction is still stuck... exporting my keys should work right?

byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:04:08 PM

They replied:

Mandrik (Blockchain)

Feb 25 13:37

-----

After 8 days, transaction is still stuck... exporting my keys should work right?

I suppose you can export your keys to another wallet, such as electrum to use.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4606

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:28:49 PM

This will not help.

Electrum will show the same transaction also unconfirmed.
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:33:36 PM

This will not help.

The transaction was only relayed by BlockChain.info...
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:35:07 PM

Probably not.

The transaction still exists on the network.  So anywhere that you attempt to import the keys will see the same transaction.

Usually blockchain.info stops broadcasting the transaction after 3 to 5 days.  Since the transaction is still visible after 8 days, I would guess that the recipient's wallet is re-broadcasting the transaction.

If that is true, you would either have to wait for the transaction to confirm, or you'll have to wait for (or convince) the recipient to stop broadcasting the transaction.

There is no way to predict exactly how long it will take for the transaction to be confirmed.  It could happen in the next few seconds, or it could be several weeks.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:36:00 PM

This will not help.

The transaction was only relayed by BlockChain.info...

To every peer on the bitcoin network.  That's how a peer-to-peer system works.  Furthermore, it appears likely that the recipient's wallet is re-broadcasting the transaction.
erre (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:12:11 PM

Probably not.

The transaction still exists on the network.  So anywhere that you attempt to import the keys will see the same transaction.

Usually blockchain.info stops broadcasting the transaction after 3 to 5 days.  Since the transaction is still visible after 8 days, I would guess that the recipient's wallet is re-broadcasting the transaction.

If that is true, you would either have to wait for the transaction to confirm, or you'll have to wait for (or convince) the recipient to stop broadcasting the transaction.

There is no way to predict exactly how long it will take for the transaction to be confirmed.  It could happen in the next few seconds, or it could be several weeks.

Thank you very much for your help guys, without you i would feel lost now Smiley

If i understood 2 nodes have my transaction right? Have I to wait for them to mine a block or what? And why the transaction is not shown up on the network if i use an alternative block explorer? And what this 1% means?

Now the propagation is 1% - 2 nodes... some days ago it was 0% - 2 nodes. Do i have some hope? What does the % means?

I will wait another week, and then i will ask blockchain to stop broadcasting. They can do it right?

Again: thank you for helping me resolving this issue and understanding how the net works  Smiley

erre (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:49:24 PM

Yes, actually you could export your private key for that wallet, import it into bitcoind or another web wallet with that function, and you will be able to spend these funds.

Edit: Their response is just a copy-paste. They didn't even bothered to check that the transaction does NOT appear elsewhere on the Bitcoin network, so they DO have control over it.

Sorry...maybe the edit, maybe my brain damage.... i missed this post before!

So, if the transaction dosen't appear in the network, i can try to export the keys? Or would this vanify any future attempt of blockchain to resolve the issue, so better not to mess up and re-contact the support?

Can someone explain me why?

I'm trying to better understand how the network work, i'm still a newbie but so far i understood that trusting ANY site and whining to the support to help is not the best way to manage your bitcoins.

xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:31:24 PM

Isn't it possible to create a double-spend using the same inputs and thereby get the transaction cancelled?

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:10:34 PM

Goes to show how bad Bitcoin is, looks like the Bitcoin Protocol is deteriorating.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
pokerFace2

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:24:40 PM

Goes to show how bad Bitcoin is, looks like the Bitcoin Protocol is deteriorating.

Please read more carefully, OP used custom transaction in blockchain.info and blockchain.info did not warned transaction with 1 satoshi output will probably never be included. Bitcoin Protocol is ok, majority of miners choosed not to add dust transactions to Bitcoin blockchain
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: