Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:06:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ModoBot Online Bitcoin Trading Platform [Main Topic]  (Read 923 times)
minzie (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 10:28:22 PM

I am happy to announce the open public pre-release of Modobot.com, a simple web-based trading bot for Bitcoins. I designed the bot for me, namely someone that does not have sophisticated trading know-how, but would still like to participate in automated trading. Modobot uses a simple buy-low, sell-high strategy that is easy to understand. The bot can be configured to create automatic transactions based on margin, or can be configured to make one-off limit orders.

Sign-ups are free. Live accounts will be accepted on a rolling basis. Trading on live accounts will be limited to 1BTC per transaction. Membership will require a valid email for account recovery and validation. The support forum will require an email validation also. I apologize. If I do otherwise I am at the mercy of spammers.

Features:
- Sandbox mode for testing trading strategy and bot functionality.
- Calculator to check spreads.
- Record of starting balances in USD and BTC.
- Rolling status log.
- Bot transaction history.

How it works:
- A valid Bitstamp account is required.
- With a valid account, create an API key, and configure your account to allow Modobot to initiate transactions.
- Upload API key and credentials to Modobot.com.
- Configure bot for live trading.
- A background process periodically grabs data from Bitstamp and processes each of the bots.

Security:
- Modobot does not store member passwords.
- Bitstamp Api credentials are hashed on disk.
- Api access can be controlled by IP address, so only the Modobot server can access the account.
- No data on the Modobot site can be used to leverage unlimited access to your Bitstamp account.

Privacy
- Modobot does not store any personally identifiable information. There is some logging in place for security purposes.
- Emails addresses are stored for account recovery purposes, and for any site related announcements.

|  Modobot.Com  |

|  Modobot.Com Support  |

Professional Freelance Web Apps Engineer ° Portfolio °  ModoBot Automated Trading Platform ° BitThingy ° My Github  ° Skype: cclites_1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
minzie (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 05:45:00 PM

Added a public test account:

name: ModoBot
pass: modobot_demo

The bot is locked in testing mode. Other than that it is completely functional.

Professional Freelance Web Apps Engineer ° Portfolio °  ModoBot Automated Trading Platform ° BitThingy ° My Github  ° Skype: cclites_1
minzie (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 09:42:34 PM

I started working on a mobile companion to the website. Eventually it will be able to monitor one's bot from a mobile device, but right now it is just a simple ticker with Bitstamp and BTCe, and includes conversion for USD, AUD, GBP, and EUR. It updates every 10 seconds. I am trying to work out a theme for the app, and this is the result so far.

Does anybody have any strong thoughts regarding the design so far?

minzie (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 04:43:36 PM

I just put the code up for the mobile version up on Github. It is dead simple code, suitable for tinkering.
https://github.com/cclites/TickerWidget

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: