Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 07:18:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Delaying our tokensale?  (Read 154 times)
MEWcoin (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 09:19:56 PM

Given the recent drop in ether we're considering postponing our tokensale.

Is this a good idea?

If so, how long do people think this drop will be, temporary short term or longer, or permanent?

I'm currently thinking a positive ETF decision may have a large impact, or is this just wishful thinking?

Please feel free to answer with whatever time frames or ideas you have.

pickupcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1203
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 09:25:21 PM

Is this a good idea?

If so, how long do people think this drop will be, temporary short term or longer, or permanent?

I'm currently thinking a positive ETF decision may have a large impact, or is this just wishful thinking?

I think you need to wait until the end of September. summer is vacation time not the time for serious investment.
I expect in October to see more interest in crypto again. I mean, more non-crypto people.
SaepulMT

Activity: 699
Merit: 55

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:31:26 PM

if I hold the token myself, bro, because I'm sure next month there will be a significant increase, because I read about it there will also be an increase at the end of this year so I hold the tokens and visible improvements starting from the beginning of September
Hopefully that happens must be positive thinking  Wink
Yaddady

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:39:49 PM

As pointed out already, summer is vacation time for many and not time for serious business or investments. From the month of October, we expect to see major movements and some institutional money moving into crypto. I'd advise you delay and hodl some more. With the ETF approval in the offing, there could be a major bull run up until the end of the year. Let's stay positive.
MEWcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 09:47:56 PM

Is this a good idea?

I think you need to wait until the end of September. summer is vacation time not the time for serious investment.
I expect in October to see more interest in crypto again. I mean, more non-crypto people.

Interesting, our presale is currently running as a 'soft launch' but luckily I have included code in the smart contract to allow pause and restart which automatically adjusts the timeline of the sale phases - looks like we might be using it Smiley
pickupcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1203
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 10:03:20 PM

Is this a good idea?

Interesting, our presale is currently running as a 'soft launch' but luckily I have included code in the smart contract to allow pause and restart which automatically adjusts the timeline of the sale phases - looks like we might be using it Smiley

I know for some marketing suggestions(from experts) like: marketing + August = weak effect
Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 10:06:06 PM

Most of the ICOs have been delaying. Currently, it's not a good time to launch an ICO, better to wait. But you need to be ready to launch when the time is right because there are a lot of ICOs waiting for that and the funds required to launch an ICO will triple.

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
unknown-user

Activity: 445
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 10:14:54 PM

Is this a good idea?

The dumps in the market is surely not permanent and recovery will again be seen and we just have to wait for it. I do personally think that delaying the tokensale would be a good idea in order to somewhat avoid the dumps in the market. So to make it short, it is for the project itself and investors as well as bounty hunters should be more patient because it is for the betterment of everyone.

ShareAccepted

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

Victorieum Digital Wallet Revolution

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 10:41:10 PM

As pointed out already, summer is vacation time for many and not time for serious business or investments. From the month of October, we expect to see major movements and some institutional money moving into crypto. I'd advise you delay and hodl some more. With the ETF approval in the offing, there could be a major bull run up until the end of the year. Let's stay positive.

Most people would choose to start the ico in september or october since these are not the right date, on the other hand, it may be good to start creating the community.

Byzantium101

Activity: 249
Merit: 13

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 10:49:35 PM

Is this a good idea?

Everyone is delaying the token sales looking for the right market, but I think that if ICO is solid you can create the hype at any time of the year and in any cycle.

lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 10:56:50 PM

Is this a good idea?

To delay your ico caused by ETF is such a bad decision. Rather than accepting only ethereum and why can you just try to accept bitcoin at the same time? Bitcoin was providing a better liquidity than ethereum and its market is more stable compared with altcoin right now. Try to accept bitcoin and it will better than put all yours in ethereum.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
copeteya888

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 10:59:29 PM

Is this a good idea?

I think the current market conditions will last longer, maybe until the end of the year. So you can hold your token until that time. But, hopefully there will be an increase as soon as possible because waiting too long becomes boring.
Yaddady

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 12:47:28 AM

Is this a good idea?

Everyone is delaying the token sales looking for the right market, but I think that if ICO is solid you can create the hype at any time of the year and in any cycle.

For me the true test of the viability of a coin should be in a bearish market condition like we're currently experiencing. Rather than delay listing, they should just go ahead and let the market decide how good the project is
GizmoCoinTEAM

Activity: 188
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 12:55:38 AM

You have taken the right decision by delaying the tokensale period. I think ETF is just a wishful think, nothing else. ETF will reject cryptocurrency like before they did! So, Ethereum price stay at dump! So, if ETH price will not grow then you should wait for that. At this current situation, Investors are likeyly stopped inveating because of low price of ethereum
Apiapik

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 01:04:13 AM

Bitcoin provides better liquidity than ethereum and the market is more stable than current altcoins. Try to accept bitcoin and it will be better than putting all your possessions on ethereum.
nocolangoc

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 01:06:36 AM

I do not think it will increase in the near future
MEWcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 02:01:19 PM

We're mitigating the low ether price somewhat because we're not altering our exchange rate.

This means that you're still getting the same amount of tokens for your ether regardless of market conditions.

If you're interested check out https://signup.mewcoin.io
MEWcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 02:03:59 PM

For me the true test of the viability of a coin should be in a bearish market condition like we're currently experiencing. Rather than delay listing, they should just go ahead and let the market decide how good the project is

While I agree with this sentiment, I think perhaps the problem is the psychology of a bear market means that many casual or inexperienced buyers will not be getting involved which must have an impact on the final success of the tokensale.
Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:08:05 PM

Is this a good idea?

Better wait for the market to recover...
When will recovery happen? No one knows...
Delaying an ICO would be the best move for now as no one would want to part with their fiat and invest in crypto at the moment.
Reality5

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:13:18 PM

Is this a good idea?

No need postponing it . Continue with the sales.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: