Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:39:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is mining.bitcoin.cz dead?  (Read 15209 times)
yrral

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2011, 04:35:08 AM

Actually not working now.

Current server load (60 sec average):   0 getwork/s
Connected workers:    2749
Total score of current round:   20818426.1946
Shares contributed in current round:   233693
Approx. cluster performance (30 min average):    12.060 Ghash/s
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Veldy

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 18, 2011, 04:38:25 AM

I'm having the same error (502 bad gateway), but I'm still able to mine and my shares are getting accepted.

bitcoind freeze on webserver, it's restarted and running again. Mining was not affected.

And that takes down the entire site?  Seems you should have a monitor for the daemon.  Further, the site should be more robust to at least say something like "we are having technical difficulties, but rest assured, the pool is still up and your miners are processing valid shares" or something like that.  Also, I would recommend updating your web server to the later version (I haven't looked at the change log for that web server, but I hope you have the security holes covered).  Apache does work well, and security analysis is done on it quite diligently.  Just my 0.02 BTC Smiley

If you have found my post helpful, please donate what you feel it is worth: 18vaZ4K62WiL6W2Qoj9AE1cerfCHRaUW4x
Ian Maxwell

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2011, 05:11:52 AM

Can't connect... "Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC"

It's really unfortunate---my other pool has had some of its own technical issues lately so I was coming back to this one, but I can't even connect. If I had already gone to bed by now like I should have, I probably would have disconnected and not found out for at least 6-8 hours. And my solo mining has been luckless since day 1 (as in, 0 blocks generated in a month), so even falling back on that seems like a bad idea. This kind of sucks.

Ian Maxwell
PGP key | WoT rating
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2011, 05:57:58 AM

I feel your pain. I am not mining at bitcoinpool until he resolves this issue. I asked in his official pool thread that I'm wondering if the pool is/was under attack.

slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2011, 09:59:59 AM

And that takes down the entire site?

Because data on site is hardly coupled with info from bitcoind - yes. But it took down _only_ the site, not mining system.

Seems you should have a monitor for the daemon.

OK. What's with monitoring? When I found problem, I should stop my car, find nearest pigeon and send packets to repaird lockups?

Veldy

View Profile
April 18, 2011, 12:07:56 PM

I feel your pain. I am not mining at bitcoinpool until he resolves this issue. I asked in his official pool thread that I'm wondering if the pool is/was under attack.

I wonder the same thing and is why I pointed out his software version [as shown on the 502 error page].  nginx isn't exactly the world's most popular web server and I suspect running an old version without doing conscientious security audits leaves you wide open.  In this case, he claimed it was bitcoind [which I doubt based on the slush share of zero on Bitcoin Watch].  Anyway, I hope he addresses it soon and once and for all.  Being new to the forums here, I looked back a little and see that at least the 502 error is not a new problem.

If you have found my post helpful, please donate what you feel it is worth: 18vaZ4K62WiL6W2Qoj9AE1cerfCHRaUW4x
slush
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2011, 12:13:35 PM

I didn't catch relevance between nginx and current pool troubles discussed here. Am I missing something?

In this case, he claimed it was bitcoind [which I doubt based on the slush share of zero on Bitcoin Watch]. 

bitcoin watch is loading pool stats from site. When site is down, bitcoin watch displays 0% in the graph.

Veldy

View Profile
April 18, 2011, 12:17:07 PM

I didn't catch relevance between nginx and current pool troubles discussed here. Am I missing something?

In this case, he claimed it was bitcoind [which I doubt based on the slush share of zero on Bitcoin Watch]. 

bitcoin watch is loading pool stats from site. When site is down, bitcoin watch displays 0% in the graph.

OK, good.  That makes me feel better.  Any idea why bitcoind keeps dying and why it takes your site down?  I didn't receive my payout last night as I should have.

slush
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2011, 12:32:44 PM

OK, good.  That makes me feel better.  Any idea why bitcoind keeps dying and why it takes your site down?  I didn't receive my payout last night as I should have.

Yes, payout problems are related, its calculated on the webserver. Everything will be fixed today.

bitcoind hangups are documented and last bitcoind version already fix that. Unfortunately I have many custom patches in bitcoind, so update is not so easy - I need to test it well.

fetokun

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
April 18, 2011, 01:21:57 PM

Yes, payout problems are related, its calculated on the webserver. Everything will be fixed today.

bitcoind hangups are documented and last bitcoind version already fix that. Unfortunately I have many custom patches in bitcoind, so update is not so easy - I need to test it well.

I'm developing a bitcoin website too, and these bitcoind hangups happen with an annoying frequency. Do you know where can I get the latest bitcoind version?

dbitcoin

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

BTCDig - mining pool

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2011, 01:51:57 PM

I'm developing a bitcoin website too, and these bitcoind hangups happen with an annoying frequency. Do you know where can I get the latest bitcoind version?

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin

But you must build it from sources.

BTCDig - mining pool (Stratum, VarDiff, DGM, SSL, JSON API)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: