Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:44:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you still see any reason for one to invest during ICO?  (Read 163 times)
Bagaji (OP)

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 09:29:39 PM

Over and over,  investment during ICO launch has turn to be a waist of money because after the token has been listed on the exchange one will see that its value will has nothing to write home about. And the question that usually come to my mind any time new projects are been announced here in this forum no matter how respected is the bounty campaign manager  is that does the project worth my/your money?
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Conasse

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

Culotte Jaune Officielle

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:36:31 PM

A reputed bounty manager doesn't make a project worthy. Most are just interested to get paid no matter if they know if the project is a scam.
People should stop to invest in and waste their money, sadly they will learn it the hard way. The new ICO generation will show less scam but one of the problems will still be here: too many participants, very fewer rewards, participants dumping their coins, etc...
There are much more valuable projects to invest in, which are established with proven records.
Just take a look at Zencash for example and make your own research, so far I am glad to use it. There are plenty of good projects like this one if your goal is to invest.

Bouffe ma chatte, pas la planète!
FlamingFingers

Merit: 288

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:43:09 PM

ICO is supposedly a way for the team to raise funds (a crowd-sale). Without investors' money, the company wouldn't be able to pay its team to make their ideas become true. Investing in ICOs should be to support a project and get returns along the way. Profits–only approach doesn't help anyone.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
The Goat Master

Activity: 868
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:43:36 PM

I'm not participating ICOs much lately as I used to do. But still following some projects and I'm open for good projects.

██
         ▄▄▀  ▀▄
        ▄▀▀▄▄▄  ▀▄
      ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▀▄
    ▄▀ █  ▄▄▀▀ █  █ ▀▄▄
  ▄▀  ██▀█ ▄▀▀▄ █ █  █▀▄
██   █ █▐▌█ ██ █ ██ █   ██
  ▀▄█  █ █ ▀▄▄▀▄▄███  ▄▀
   ▀▀▄ █▄▄█▄█▀▀   █ ▄▀
      ▀▄▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀▀██▀
        ▀▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▀
          ▀▄  ▄▀▀
            ██
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀▀
███
███
███
 ███▄         ▄▄
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███
█████████████

█████████████

█████████████
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██████████████▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀███
███             ███
███             ███
███             ███
 ███▄         ▄███
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███

▄▄
████
 ▀▀
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
.▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    WHITEPAPER    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀.
FACEBOOK       REDDIT       TELEGRAM
BITCOINTALK   TWITTER   INSTAGRAM
Bagaji (OP)

Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 09:50:03 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2018, 10:29:25 PM by Bagaji

A reputed bounty manager doesn't make a project worthy. Most are just interested to get paid no matter if they know if the project is a scam.
People should stop to invest in and waste their money, sadly they will learn it the hard way. The new ICO generation will show less scam but one of the problems will still be here: too many participants, very fewer rewards, participants dumping their coins, etc...
There are much more valuable projects to invest in, which are established with proven records.
Just take a look at Zencash for example and make your own research, so far I am glad to use it. There are plenty of good projects like this one if your goal is to invest.
Never again for i have learn a had lesson from ICO investment and is better for me to leave my money in my bank account than to invest in crypto currency related business activities or project. Good for you if the acclaimed one you mentioned work for you but am not interested any longer.
jpnl0004

Activity: 198
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:50:43 PM

For the meantime i cant invest in any ICO mostly now we have more of scam than the ICO itself and this has made so many persons lose money unnecessarily which is not good am still on a break tryonh to recover from my current loss
Primal6666

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:51:04 PM

Over and over,  investment during ICO launch has turn to be a waist of money because after the token has been listed on the exchange one will see that its value will has nothing to write home about. And the question that usually come to my mind any time new projects are been announced here in this forum no matter how respected is the bounty campaign manager  is that does the project worth my/your money?

In such a market, we need to carefully select the ICO. It is desirable ICO to have at least a demo version of the working product, and no bonuses on the pre-sale. Or a small number of it. This will significantly reduce the risks. Also, it is desirable to have no bounty\aidrops and the presence of a mid-large community, despite this.

OAX - BRIDGE TO TRADITIONAL FINANCE WORLD
OAX - INTEGRATION OF CRYPTOCURRENCY MARKET
■ oax.org ■ bit.ly/BttANN ■ bit.ly/ActiveBounty ■
jpnl0003

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:52:24 PM

there are loads of reasons why one should invest during ico as the project is soul dependent on the funds raised for it to become a reality in the implementation, because every project in ico is supposed to meet a need which is in turn a solution to a particular challenge. hence the need for investors to buy into an ico but you have to do your own research.
early_adopter

Activity: 90

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:53:33 PM

Although at the moment we are seeing many low-quality projects, I still believe that there are good projects that are worthwhile, these projects are very important because they provide a real utility that we can take advantage of, I think that is the kind of investment we need to look for, so that the ICOs start to give better results.
kendra1107

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 10:31:01 PM

Investing in ICO's is still a great way of earning some income. The question is, did we invest in the right project? There is no definite way of knowing whether a project will be successful or not. So it is up to us as investors and/or participants to make our own assessment. Yes, a reputable manager does not mean an ICO will become a success. Which is why we shouldn't rely on them too much. Personally, I will still participate in ICO's. Even if things seem to go left, I will keep on moving straight and forward in this journey!

seo-maestro

Activity: 420
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 10:32:24 PM

It's time to choose ICOs more careful for investment and invest small amounts to the best projects only. Many ICOs don't list their token on exchanges now during this bear market (ex, Sparkster, Origo, Yggdrash etc.). But bear market will end soon and new ICOs will give good ROIs after listings again.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 10:47:53 PM

Meh, it seems like you don't even known what these people's mind. There was a lot of things need to be considered as an  impostant thing to remember. As you can see that how it becomes a very interesting thing when these investors are accumulating how much their profit from how much their bonuses.
Tracyhev

Activity: 90
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:15:46 AM

Unless the project team will pay the bountypool with eth or btc I will not join or invest in ico. It's because if they reward the hunters with their coins or tokens it will just be dumped at the start of its listing to exchanges. That's the way it goes and I don't know if there will be changes on that.
JofryTheKing

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:17:38 AM

The reason is one, I'm considering not the point of view of profit, but the technology and the product that they will create and will develop. For me this is more important and sometimes it can become perfection.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
LKingLion

Activity: 125

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:23:08 AM

For me it is a great privilege if we can join in any ICO most specially if it is not scam. ICO that is real have a chance to be one of the potential crypto in the future. It is a matter of time and team effort and development to make the product more popular and use throughout the world of cryptocurrency.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:25:50 AM

The reason is one, I'm considering not the point of view of profit, but the technology and the product that they will create and will develop.
So, in short, you still prefer to invest during ICO. as for me, I do not like participating into ICO's anymore because most of them are a waste of money and time now. Good technology and product nowadays are not enough to make an ICO succeed in its project specially if the team has poor public relations after their ICOs end. IMO, it is better to buy coins after it got released on exchanges for a while because I will be able to discern more accurately if it is worth holding or not.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:32:59 AM

We have to admit this that trust on investing with ICO are now decreasing because of its dumping price no matter how good your service is. For now, I’m not investing on any ICO, i just wait for the right time before i do that. You can invest after the exchange listing of the specific ICO which is more cheaper.
shollyen

Activity: 344
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:48:28 AM

Well, investing in ICO has led to some huge dissapointmemt because of the loss people suffer  from it... For now, ICO has to be carefully selected to avoid unnecessary regret. To be candid  ,serious minded people have lost confidence in ICO, everyone is trying to be on a safe side because of past experience with ICOs... Stay guided!!!!
Felic43

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:56:31 AM

Is for me i can't advice someone to buy coin during the ico. Different problem do arise after the token being distributed many ico won't list there coin on any exchange some will list but won't have value at all it will go so dip below ico price

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
Runtown042

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 09:49:38 AM

Yes obviously there a lot of reasons for one to invest during initial coin offering icos. The major aim of investing is to make profit but before investing is advisable to do a very good research about what you are investing in before investing
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: