Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:08:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $200 Daily | 200k Sols | Centralized? - AsicMiner.Co Zeon Equihash Miner Review  (Read 2359 times)
VoskCoin (OP)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 07:02:23 PM

Vosk, why do you have a affiliate link with company that you don't have detailed experience with?

I do agree that a tear down would be nice.

Because they would not send me the miner to review otherwise. I also state that in the video.

Waiting on a response from them but I plan to have a tear down on it

Any input or advice on a tear down, you’re the asic pro here Cheesy

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 07:03:10 PM

These miners will significantly increase network hashrate and their profit will be few times less than 200$. It is simple arithmetical issue.
Agreed September will be a bloody month for equihash miners

HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 03:38:07 PM

@Vosk

Ah okay, I understand.
Interesting requirement from their end.

Well if it helps, you can see me mumbling and tearing down a AvalonMiner 741 here  Cheesy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W_BO1PimlA

Also here is my Avalon repair guide: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3224256

STATIK

Activity: 162
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:14:49 AM

This company is a dumpster fire, I had ordered Nano and after exhausting all their excuses of delays for over a month I began legal action to eventually receive a refund..I guess that counts for something, regardless of miner profits as a company I would never go back to them. I guess this being their way to show they actually ship miners by sending you one to get community sentiment play, appreciate what you're doing but personal experience and I cannot be the only one

Could you elaborate more on this? What i've thought is really weird, is that they sent me these two miners to review but they are already sold to other buyers . . so what odd arrangement do they have, they have also changed the next intended recipient once already . . which is also odd

Yeah I am definitely concerned on the same note as you, I am not naive enough to think well they sent me one so they will fulfill 100% orders + must be great -- I tried to make that disclaimer in both videos but I'm sure someone will still try to blame me for something lol

My order was supposed to ship in May I was in contact with a Jason & Alex on their end and for a few weeks they claimed issue was their local courrier, the order never shipped. Come June first week Alex said if it doesn't ship they refund and so we agreed. Several weeks into June they began ignoring emails and then Jason got involved and said  delays are due to "unrecoverable defect" ignored earlier emailed statements from from Alex so no refund. I took it further and pushed some more then they offered me a partial refund, I pressed with legal action and a full refund was issued, basically two month delay and a heck of a fight for my money on their 48th miners.
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:42:17 AM

These miners will significantly increase network hashrate and their profit will be few times less than 200$. It is simple arithmetical issue.
Agreed September will be a bloody month for equihash miners

News going around that z9 minis aren't as overclock able as the first batch were. If true on every unit , might reduce difficulty a little bit more than expected.

VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2018, 03:57:02 PM

This company is a dumpster fire, I had ordered Nano and after exhausting all their excuses of delays for over a month I began legal action to eventually receive a refund..I guess that counts for something, regardless of miner profits as a company I would never go back to them. I guess this being their way to show they actually ship miners by sending you one to get community sentiment play, appreciate what you're doing but personal experience and I cannot be the only one

Could you elaborate more on this? What i've thought is really weird, is that they sent me these two miners to review but they are already sold to other buyers . . so what odd arrangement do they have, they have also changed the next intended recipient once already . . which is also odd

Yeah I am definitely concerned on the same note as you, I am not naive enough to think well they sent me one so they will fulfill 100% orders + must be great -- I tried to make that disclaimer in both videos but I'm sure someone will still try to blame me for something lol

My order was supposed to ship in May I was in contact with a Jason & Alex on their end and for a few weeks they claimed issue was their local courrier, the order never shipped. Come June first week Alex said if it doesn't ship they refund and so we agreed. Several weeks into June they began ignoring emails and then Jason got involved and said  delays are due to "unrecoverable defect" ignored earlier emailed statements from from Alex so no refund. I took it further and pushed some more then they offered me a partial refund, I pressed with legal action and a full refund was issued, basically two month delay and a heck of a fight for my money on their 48th miners.

What a headache, sorry man, glad you ultimately got your money back at least.

Speaking of issues, my Asic Miner Co Zeon has gone down (yesterday) and I cannot get it to hash anymore. .

It will turn on, pull full power draw, register on their dashboard, but it does not hash poolside. .

vincl

Activity: 386
Merit: 18

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 04:04:16 PM

My order was supposed to ship in May I was in contact with a Jason & Alex on their end and for a few weeks they claimed issue was their local courrier, the order never shipped. Come June first week Alex said if it doesn't ship they refund and so we agreed. Several weeks into June they began ignoring emails and then Jason got involved and said  delays are due to "unrecoverable defect" ignored earlier emailed statements from from Alex so no refund. I took it further and pushed some more then they offered me a partial refund, I pressed with legal action and a full refund was issued, basically two month delay and a heck of a fight for my money on their 48th miners.

Speaking of issues, my Asic Miner Co Zeon has gone down (yesterday) and I cannot get it to hash anymore. .

It will turn on, pull full power draw, register on their dashboard, but it does not hash poolside. .

perfect time for teardown. seems the rumor with rented hashpower is real Cheesy
HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2018, 05:02:44 PM

Btw I fixed my mistake and watched the whole video.
Thanks for being thorough with AsicMiner,
great vid as always.

Maybe it is time for the tear down now that it is dead?
I wonder if they (AsicMiner) would freak out.

VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2018, 06:19:45 PM

Btw I fixed my mistake and watched the whole video.
Thanks for being thorough with AsicMiner,
great vid as always.

Maybe it is time for the tear down now that it is dead?
I wonder if they (AsicMiner) would freak out.

they were trying to hurry me along for the entire process -- I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt, but here's a screenshot w/ how both miners are currently hashing

I just turned the BTC miner back on as I had it unplugged and was planning to send it off per their request and just tear down the zeon as its a much more interesting miner, looks like the hashrate is starting to ramp up some (now over 12) but what an odd process when this miner starts . . nothing like the antminers

VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2018, 06:24:22 PM

perfect time for teardown. seems the rumor with rented hashpower is real Cheesy

that and/or they are saying I'm overdue to send it off and turned it off remotely lol

CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2018, 06:39:56 PM

wow so they took a page from Shitmain and installed backdoor kill switches in their miners?

thats.... pleasant....   : /   

seems to be industry standard now.   
we pay for the machines, but in the end THEY own the hash, scary!

"decentralization"   LOL

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2018, 06:42:54 PM

I also noticed some speculation about the hash rate being partly or full fake.  Any thoughts about that?

efudd

Activity: 504
Merit: 51

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 07:39:36 PM

This "product" looks to be more glow than reality and has from the beginning. If they did indeed shut it off remotely, that is enough for me never buy from them; i refuse to give a company taht power over product I pay for.

STATIK

Activity: 162
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:55:18 PM

Wait is there even the slightest possibility there is a backdoor to this and the hashrate isn't the hashrate

Dude they are not sending you miners anytime soon, they were probably expecting nothing but a praise
rantern

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 03:34:20 AM

whoever gets burned by any ASIC, you deserve the overpriced paperweight in the end
VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 01:35:59 PM

I also noticed some speculation about the hash rate being partly or full fake.  Any thoughts about that?

One theory is that w/ the consistent reboots on the poolside hash chart ( can be seen in the video as you know ) -- was that the rig only hashes 20k sols and the rest was directed to the miner & explains the slower start time. Currently the miner is not hashing at all for me, haven't had time to mess with it more but will definitely tear it down to at least look @ whats going on and get some insight from those more familiar with these asic chip designs

HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 01:42:26 PM

One theory is that w/ the consistent reboots on the poolside hash chart ( can be seen in the video as you know ) -- was that the rig only hashes 20k sols and the rest was directed to the miner & explains the slower start time. Currently the miner is not hashing at all for me, haven't had time to mess with it more but will definitely tear it down to at least look @ whats going on and get some insight from those more familiar with these asic chip designs

Maybe jstefanop and sidehack can help you with that?

VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 10:09:05 PM

whoever gets burned by any ASIC, you deserve the overpriced paperweight in the end
what's your reasoning for not liking ASIC miners?

VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 10:10:38 PM

Wait is there even the slightest possibility there is a backdoor to this and the hashrate isn't the hashrate

Dude they are not sending you miners anytime soon, they were probably expecting nothing but a praise
Well yes of course, not mean to potentially start rumors but with the miner being centralized through their site. . if their site is off . . so is your miner and yes ability to use it remotely is possible as well (by you and them potentially) -- nothing is done client side

VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 10:11:07 PM

Maybe jstefanop and sidehack can help you with that?
good point! I'll post pictures and video when I have the time to crack it open

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: