Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:39:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for crowdfunding/investment  (Read 863 times)
donnymillions (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:29:34 AM

Hello bitcointalk

This is my first thread, so I am well aware of the potential for apprehension.

I own a limited liability corporation in the state of Ohio and have exhausted ALL of my savings in marketing and development costs in the first 6 months of operation.

I've recently had to rejoin the workforce and attempt to gain the needed traction at the same time getting creative with my flow of cash in order to pay our lead developers.

Being a new business owner is significantly more daunting than I had anticipated! However I still see the light at the end of the tunnel.

In order to move my project forward, I need around $30,000 USD. Yes, I am aware that this is a bitcoin forum! Our business model is actually not specific to bitcoin at all although we do accept bitcoin and would like to continue to do so.

The name of the company is Straight Nines, Llc. our website is www.straightnines.com
We are laying the groundwork to become a major player in online game publishing through a concept we are pioneering I've dubbed "Collaborative game design".

We are about 75% through our development cycle on our proprietary web based POS tools and the second stage of production is work on our private social networking platform to facilitate collaboration between our community and our game development staff.

What is collaborative game design and how does it work?

Collaborative game design is the notion that even complete amateurs will have a hand in how our game(s) take shape. The idea is to have a robust community of amateur game
programmers, artists, designers, musicians, actors, writers, etc as well as merely game enthusiasts interacting with each other and our community management team in order to shape the games we develop.

One of our founders described the opportunity as a fully interactive reality show with the cameras on our staff and that has stuck throughout the direct marketing campaign.

Wait what do you mean direct? I literally go door to door with the opportunity! I am also hiring sales reps that can be great brand ambassadors.

How can the community help?

A few ways actually!

You can join the network, that's the easiest way. It's a one time contribution of $100. You get complete access to our community once it's live and get to shape the games we build. We also waive any subscription fees we would normally charge for our games once published. (Lifetime perk)

Another way would be a sizable investment. In order to entertain an investor, the investment would have to be discussed and details sorted out with our lawyers.

The last way would be to SPREAD THE WORD. We want to build this network quickly and are paying a $20 referral for anyone you bring into our network. PAID VIA BITCOIN OF COURSE!

If you have questions, feel free to send me an email info@straightnines.com or if you just want to comment, you may do so here.

If you'd like to help, send me a private message!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 04:48:33 AM

1. This is the gambling forum.
2. Your business idea needs improvement.
donnymillions (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:15:28 PM

1. This is the gambling forum.
2. Your business idea needs improvement.

1) Under the description under gambling forum it states gambling, ponzi's and business ideas that may as well be gambling!
2) Perhaps. Should I respond with criticism and no constructive feedback to you or should I take the higher ground?

Fact is I've AM open to constructive feedback and while you may think of my business as an "idea"  it most certainly is not. It's beyond conceptual stage and well into development. I am definitely receptive to feedback, let me know if you actually have some.

roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 11:44:13 PM

Hello bitcointalk

This is my first thread, so I am well aware of the potential for apprehension.

I own a limited liability corporation in the state of Ohio and have exhausted ALL of my savings in marketing and development costs in the first 6 months of operation.

I've recently had to rejoin the workforce and attempt to gain the needed traction at the same time getting creative with my flow of cash in order to pay our lead developers.

Being a new business owner is significantly more daunting than I had anticipated! However I still see the light at the end of the tunnel.

In order to move my project forward, I need around $30,000 USD. Yes, I am aware that this is a bitcoin forum! Our business model is actually not specific to bitcoin at all although we do accept bitcoin and would like to continue to do so.

The name of the company is Straight Nines, Llc. our website is www.straightnines.com
We are laying the groundwork to become a major player in online game publishing through a concept we are pioneering I've dubbed "Collaborative game design".

We are about 75% through our development cycle on our proprietary web based POS tools and the second stage of production is work on our private social networking platform to facilitate collaboration between our community and our game development staff.

What is collaborative game design and how does it work?

Collaborative game design is the notion that even complete amateurs will have a hand in how our game(s) take shape. The idea is to have a robust community of amateur game
programmers, artists, designers, musicians, actors, writers, etc as well as merely game enthusiasts interacting with each other and our community management team in order to shape the games we develop.

One of our founders described the opportunity as a fully interactive reality show with the cameras on our staff and that has stuck throughout the direct marketing campaign.

Wait what do you mean direct? I literally go door to door with the opportunity! I am also hiring sales reps that can be great brand ambassadors.

How can the community help?

A few ways actually!

You can join the network, that's the easiest way. It's a one time contribution of $100. You get complete access to our community once it's live and get to shape the games we build. We also waive any subscription fees we would normally charge for our games once published. (Lifetime perk)

Another way would be a sizable investment. In order to entertain an investor, the investment would have to be discussed and details sorted out with our lawyers.

The last way would be to SPREAD THE WORD. We want to build this network quickly and are paying a $20 referral for anyone you bring into our network. PAID VIA BITCOIN OF COURSE!

If you have questions, feel free to send me an email info@straightnines.com or if you just want to comment, you may do so here.

If you'd like to help, send me a private message!

post yourself @indiegogo @kickstartet @fiver or something Smiley

good luck with improvements.
I learned on myself that is it not easy to get any donations even if you create some project already.
So you must do 10x more than your best to get that amount of money...

Smiley

Kind regards
donnymillions (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:05:43 PM

I actually have an indiegogo campaign going. Only set it for 10 days to see how that goes.

Thanks for the feedback.

roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 05:10:03 PM

I actually have an indiegogo campaign going. Only set it for 10 days to see how that goes.

Thanks for the feedback.

you should set it to 3 month.

Put a link here.

This is really hard to make people send their money to you Smiley Smiley I am telling ya ...

you can check my 1st campaign - search : ION the game (Inside of Nightmare)
0$ gained :]
donnymillions (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:18:40 PM

I intend to do a 30 day once that one is done. Need help with producing a video with the production value I am seeing in other campaigns. Tapping into my network for that.

More than anything, I really need strong sales agents to help me recruit people into our founderGateway. I've had success with it myself so all I need are coachable, sales professionals that can work independently and telecommute. The web based POS tools we've built, were built with this in mind. Buying into our network is done invitation only via a quasi direct marketing/ ecommerce twist. So our sales agents would be the only way for anyone to access our point of sale. I wanted that exclusivity built into our marketing strategy. Once "invited" in by our sales agent, the customer would be able to purchase access simply by clicking a link in their email and completing the sale on their end either Visa, Mastercard, Discover, Debit or Bitcoin.

b!z
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:00:33 AM

So our sales agents would be the only way for anyone to access our point of sale.

OK, let's say I like RPGs and I want to be part of the RPG you're making. I go to your site, look for a "Buy Now" button, and can't find one. I can't be bothered to go look for a "sales agent". How is that a good marketing strategy?
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 01:19:36 PM

So our sales agents would be the only way for anyone to access our point of sale.

OK, let's say I like RPGs and I want to be part of the RPG you're making. I go to your site, look for a "Buy Now" button, and can't find one. I can't be bothered to go look for a "sales agent". How is that a good marketing strategy?

indeed I hope OP understand that and he will do some progress fast as it is needed for crowdfounding.
donnymillions (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:29:55 PM

Fair question.

It's one I have been wrestling with for a while now.

The idea is I want to build a community and without proper oversight in place and community management, I felt that being invited in personally would be beneficial. What I don't want is web traffic to come through, buy in and back out in spite of our no refund policy. My merchant services have limited me tremendously. In fact I am currently working on securing a different merchant service that does not stifle the business owner. I am CAPPED at $20,000 in monthly sales volume. They have threatened to shut me down if I go beyond that and if there are too many charge backs.

Hopefully, I can lock in a better deal soon and not be hindered by the limitations.

BITCOIN is part of that strategy!

There is no need to fear charge backs
There are no volume limitations

I have a buy now option for bitcoin but it's not linked to any of our website's documents.

www.straightnines.com/subscriptions/

It should be working but I don't want it up because it does not reconcile with the proprietary web based POS system I've built. The system I've built tracks all sales in real time and it's not only a way for me to maintain transparency. it can serve as a way for me to track all sales for tax purposes and payroll.

If you DO choose to pay using this option, please enter your first, last name and email or we cannot guarantee access to our community if you pay anonymously.
b!z
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:03:22 PM

Bitcoin is a good solution to avoid chargebacks.

You're not explaining the company well enough on the website. The description of what you're offering is very vague. How do potential customers know the game is going to be something they'd want to play? How do they know the developers are competent enough to produce a game worth playing?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: