Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:26:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Here comes dat fear  (Read 5074 times)
theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:33:53 AM

and... what if it is like 2011?

Then I'll have to wait THREE WHOLE YEARS before its $100k per coin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zhangweiwu

Activity: 313

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:49:17 AM

蜜獾

Isn't it a strange post signature? I saw it all the time and the branding works fine, everyone remembers you, and those who didn't have Chinese fonts in their browers are perhaps so weary of the browser's pleads to install one that they eventually did, which is not bad anyway.

The signature makes no more sense in Chinese other than an animal's name. (?)

My (old) column about Bitcoin & China: http://bitcoinblog.de/tag/zhangweiwuengl/
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:52:04 AM

I fear that the price will go up before my money hits the exchange tuesday or weds. Damn slow banking system that takes the weekend off  Angry

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
zhangweiwu

Activity: 313

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:55:10 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2014, 03:05:12 AM by zhangweiwu

I think this idea that exchanges are unsafe today is reactionary. They are no less safe than yesterday. Mostly likely they are more safe.

Although true, your view is colored optimistic, or the optimistic expression of a truth. Neutral one: The exchanges' safety was overvalued yesterday. Now they are correctly valued and investors are reconsidering their position.

My (old) column about Bitcoin & China: http://bitcoinblog.de/tag/zhangweiwuengl/
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:02:42 AM

Kraken is a good option in the U.S. They have not much volume, but the organization seems fairly high level.

Have you seen the bid depth for the USD XBT pair?  You could easily rip a $50 hole in the book with a 10XBT market order sell.  Only the EUR pair is usable.  
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:11:30 AM

蜜獾

Isn't it a strange post signature? I saw it all the time and the branding works fine, everyone remembers you, and those who didn't have Chinese fonts in their browers are perhaps so weary of the browser's pleads to install one that they eventually did, which is not bad anyway.

The signature makes no more sense in Chinese other than an animal's name. (?)

Relax. Of all things to get worked up about, lol.  If you read my history of posts I tend not to give China much credit in leading bitcoin markets, except on a few occasions.

So, my signature really has no significant meaning. Except I like honey badgers and even chinese honey badgers dont give a shit. Wink
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:18:00 AM

2011 didn't have Twinkiegloss buying up loads of BTC.

BitCoinsLOL

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 04:10:25 AM

No, but I'll try to profit from it.

When people are greedy be fearful, when people are fearful be greedy. W.B.

I never thought my life could be. Anything but catastrophe. But suddenly I begin to see. A "BIT" of good luck for me. Cause I've got a golden ticket!
D05GTO

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:08:17 AM

There are much better options today for transparent exchanges but they seem to have low volume.   Probably due to all the regulatory hoops saddled on them.  Example is Atomic-Trade.  It's an awesome transparent exchange but to trade USD you need to be verified. 

That process takes a few days and is invasive. Not as much as Coinbase but still.  Once there it has low volumes because people don't want to be hassled. 

Well in short. Help support the transparent USA exchanges, if you want some security.  If they are Registered with FinCen then they are bonded in every State. 

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 06:21:06 AM

Stepped on a pop-top, blew out my flip-flop. J.B.
cosmofly

Activity: 532

PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 07:11:30 AM

in bitcoin people are always greedy, if it's not the US it's China. That terminology never works here

Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 04:13:29 PM

What do you old schoolers think is going to happen this time around, can we recover? The difference it seems this time is the Media on the hunt.

Yes, we will recover eventually even if this turns out like 2011 (which I doubt) because the situation is much different now then 3 years ago. The driving force behind the next rally to me would be institutional money moving in from Wall Street, hedge funds of all kinds, via the Winklevoss CFD, Secondmarket, etc.
If the are on schedule I would estimate the next rally to begin in 4Q 2014. If they get delayed by the fall out of recent events, instead of a rally we will go up more steadily as use and awareness of BTC grows gradually.
dreamspark

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 04:19:52 PM

The longer the bear market carries on and we're in this downtrend the fear is not gone, it just sets in more as people question its resilience.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 04:20:50 PM

I'm all bitcoin baby.

(apart from that black place where I am partly goxcoin. I don't talk about that though.)

Yes.

U are the traders ultimate contrarian indicator.

Bitcoin @ $820:
For weeks I have watched you post thread after thread of astonishing crap. I know my SNR is high, but wow you destroy me.

Quote this for truth:

Buy as much as the fuck you can, right the fuck now. End of January comes and all the sell the (OMG CHINA BANNED BTC) rumours, are gonna buy the news. Not to mention all the "lets see what happens at the end of jan" dollars sat on the sidelines.

I hope you never sent too much over to Karpeles' getaway fund.

I actually felt sorry for you when you were doing it........but then, you are an early adopter Bitcoin millionaire so I will spare you my tears.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Bitcoin BEAR

Activity: 143

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 06:03:46 PM

2011 didn't have Twinkiegloss buying up loads of BTC.

Neither does 2014
TERA (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:39:57 AM

TheDailyFear:

I wonder how many times these people thought the downtrend had gone on long enough, was breaking and the reversal was in. MACD went up a few times here also.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:18:37 AM

That image reminds me very much of 2011! Like you said :

I wonder how many times these people thought the downtrend had gone on long enough, was breaking and the reversal was in. MACD went up a few times here also.

They're buying every twitch thinking it's over and not wanting to miss the low.

windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:48:52 AM

TheDailyFear:

I don't know. Probably best to ask the people in this forum who experienced it and what their opinions are now vs. then.

I think for that to happen again, which would basically us back to around $75 or so, that something fairly catastrophic would have to happen. Back then, bitcoin was a dot on a pimple on a boil of the butt of the financial world. Today, legislation is being written to accomodate it. So it seems like there some major historical differences.

But, yeah, you should definitely consult those with experience.
TERA (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:01:29 AM

I suspect that if [IF] a 2011-like scenario plays out (meaning we have a weekly ema downcross) then support will be found at this PURPLE trendline, which I call the 2011+2011-recovery support trendline.

It's not nearly as extreme as your $75 projection, but still far away from our beloved blue trendline with a LONG sideways trading period coming up.

Personally, am I rooting for this to happen? NO. If this happens it means I'm not making any profits, unless I make very risky types of trades, plus I'm taking the risk of holding funds on exchanges the entire time.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:22:31 AM

The longer the bear market carries on and we're in this downtrend the fear is not gone, it just sets in more as people question its resilience.

Never ever seen the volume so low.

Basically only bot trades on Stamp doing their utmost to keep the spot price nailed up.

Sellers are point blank refusing to meet buyers.

Seems like half of the market is convinced that a break out from here is imminent and the other (and probably heavier) half is convinced of a further correction or even a continuation of current bear trend with a lower low.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: