Bitcoin Forum
September 18, 2018, 02:41:59 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.2  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ezBtc (Canadian exchange) (1081627 B.C. LTD.) CEO David Smillie EXIT SCAMMING  (Read 48 times)
tefl0n

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:13:39 AM

What happened:
Lots of people are having CAD and BTC withdrawals held hostage by this weasel. Including me. Bounced cheques on numerous clients.
I deposited 0.96704886BTC to the exchange June 21 to sell for CAD. Sold it for CAD between June 21-23.
Make Bank Transfer (EFT) withdrawal request of $8986.85CAD June 24th. Fiat withdrawal is delayed.
Eventually the exchange owner CEO David Smillie informs me via e-mail that the EFT failed after I inquired as to why it was taking so long. So he suggests writing me a cheque.
He deposits a cheque Saturday July 28th.
His cheques always cleared before so I deposited more BTC (0.80425293BTC) to the exchange July 28-29. Sold for CAD July 28-31.
Make another bank transfer (EFT) withdrawal request. ($8989.66CAD). Waiting.
Check out reddit on Aug 7th for first time in weeks (not much of a redditor). See that BTCPop owner Casimir has questioned the solvency of ezBtc.
Many clients report having withdrawal issues on the exchange and bounced cheques.
I hear that Dave fucked off to Lithuania "temporarily" for a "family matter" (ROFL). Lithuania is his wife's country apparently.

Spidey senses tingling. So I cancel bank transfer withdrawal. I put up buy orders.
Can't get taker so I do market orders and end up over-paying for BTC on his shitty low-volume platform. I proceed to buy back into BTC on his platform Aug 8th.
BTC withdrawal request Aug 8 in the AM of 1.01119275BTC.
Aug 9th I wake up, the cheque from July 28th BOUNCES. I am FURIOUS. I email Dave Smillie to credit me back the CAD so that I can buy bitcoin to get my money out.
I refuse to take his rubber cheques anymore. Since he bounced on a ton of people at once.
He doesn't reply to me until Aug 12th where he says he wants to talk on the phone. He calls me. I ask him why he hasn't processed my August 8th withdrawal yet.
He gives me some bullshit about "security". How it's not safe to pull too many coins from cold storage to hot per day. He can't be doing 10 BTC/day.
He asks me how much bitcoin would I be ok with not having in my physical possession at one time.
I start losing my temper with him a bit because I've heard him spew bullshit for like 5 minutes. I say I want my money NOW.
He says "you know that we're gonna make good on this right man? Can I have your reassurance that you trust we're gonna make good on this as a friend?"

I lost my shit on him completely for trying to use our old friendship as fellow LBC Pro Traders to manipulate me. "WHY CAN'T YOU PAY OUT ONE BITCOIN MOTHERFUCKER?!"
He is all taken aback and he's like "I thought we were friends. I'm not going to take this from you."
I say: "Friends don't hold a friend's money hostage for 7 weeks. YOU'RE GOING TO FUCKING PAY ME MOTHERFUCKER!"
He eventually agrees to credit me the CAD trading balance but gives me the runaround about the BTC withdrawal. He tells me on the phone that I am close to the top of the BTC withdrawal queue
I put up a limit order Aug 13th when he finally credits me my CAD trade balance from the bounced cheque. He sets his fucking sell bots on his orderbook to +10% bitstamp.
No one else looks like they are selling so he can set the price high. Because at this point why would you bother depositing BTC on this scam exchange?
Proceed to buy BTC August 14th because I had no other choice. Needed to get my money out and you can't wipe ass with bounced cheques. Withdrawal #2 1.02057386BTC.
Fast forward to Thursday, still not paid anything. I email him "you said on the phone I was close to the queue. Do I have to pursue legal action? I know exactly what you are doing."
The weasel ignores me.
Then fast forward to Saturday I lose my temper and post dirt from past conversations we had online to social media where he admitted that he puts clients he doesn't like to the back of the withdrawal queue (He told me this 2 months ago and I'll post evidence below.)
And sent him a couple angry emails reminding him about his promise on Aug 12th.

I also posted a pic on Sunday of a very unprofessional text that David sent to Coinsquare CEO Cole Diamond that Dave shared with me 2 months ago that he asked me not to share (too bad, fuck you, pay me).
It is now August 21st and I still haven't been paid.
I am thinking about leaking our phone conversation among more things. I had it recorded.
LBC Pro Trader Ron7684, Rick Godwin, Casimir of BTC Pop, etc. have pointed out his drug, gambling and alcohol problems. Apparently he is embezzling client deposits on drugs, gambling, alcohol and his extravagant lifestyle.
ezBtc's withdrawal payouts are getting smaller and smaller. And he is playing favourites. Stiffing me for calling out his bullshit on the phone and screaming at him while others are getting paid small amounts or instalments if they have a lot on the exchange. Here is the latest txid that he apparently paid out to his clients https://www.blockchain.com/btc/tx/18faf953eabd6323d3e11f2b2d384aa64e3768b881a7fcd3ea732ebc97a68bf8

Scammers Profile Link: wwwdotezbtcdotca (I'm not hyperlinking this then he'll see where the traffic is coming from)

Reference Link:
My BTC withdrawal requests on ezBtc https://i.imgur.com/QVTjvbX.png
My bitcoin wallet where I haven't got paid yet from him: https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/1GHZMMDDQ7X9rqRQXKYVU6pbS1Ycfhh7Kd

Amount Scammed: 2.03176661BTC (Paid $17,976.51CAD for it)
Payment Method: Bitcoin (exchange funding)
Proof of Payment: https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/1K8RrErHJUjxqWktUooyPNv3fzjRVvhi7x (Proof of my BTC fundings to the exchange).
PM/Chat Logs: Proof that Dave is pushing people he doesn't like to the back of the withdrawal queue: https://i.imgur.com/GN7iPl4.png
Dave's glowing "professionalism": https://i.imgur.com/qlEXQcd.png https://i.imgur.com/rky4K2N.png
Additional Notes: None at this moment. Please check my ezBTC funding address to see where this asshole sent my bitcoins if you have a chainalysis account. Maybe there is a trail to darknets for him to buy his drugs. Or to gambling sites. This would be very juicy to post to social media if you can find something like that. Check the txid of what he paid out to clients earlier today. I have a collection of txids bookmarked somewhere of "payouts" he made to clients.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Slow death

Activity: 952
Merit: 609

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 12:28:31 PM

They ANN Thread:  [ANN]ezBtc is LIVE - Canadian Bitcoin Exchange, Instant BTC Buy/Sell & Invest

Profile: @ezBTCmarketing

Name: ezBTCmarketing
Activity: 7
Position: Newbie
Date Registered: January 17, 2017, 04:27:40 AM
Last Active: May 10, 2017, 01:51:46 AM

Here in the forum you will not be able to get help that you need, hire a lawyer and report your case to the police.

tefl0n

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 01:06:15 PM

They ANN Thread:  [ANN]ezBtc is LIVE - Canadian Bitcoin Exchange, Instant BTC Buy/Sell & Invest

Profile: @ezBTCmarketing

Name: ezBTCmarketing
Activity: 7
Position: Newbie
Date Registered: January 17, 2017, 04:27:40 AM
Last Active: May 10, 2017, 01:51:46 AM

Here in the forum you will not be able to get help that you need, hire a lawyer and report your case to the police.
I don't expect this forum to get my 2+ BTC back. Heh. Though if you could that would be awesome. Haha. I created this thread in the public interest. I want people to be made aware of what ezBtc is doing to people and to avoid making any deposits (crypto or fiat) on their trading platform or "savings" account.

I talked to a police officer in Vancouver who referred me to the correct number to file a police report on him and his business (I'm in Toronto so I can't do a report in-person since his business is incorporated in British Columbia). As for the actual legal process and lawyering up, I have looked at a crypto lawyer here in Toronto. There is a 0% chance that the victims will receive any restitution in a ponzi scheme in Canada/US/etc though and ezBtc is definitely a ponzi scheme. I've talked with Rick Godwin (who has an ongoing Supreme Court case against David for 284 BTC) and he told me that my legal fees would be in the tens of thousands if I fought this in court, more than the $18k I'm owed. And I'll never get restitution. So I'm not even sure if it would be worthwhile to go ahead with a lawsuit if I'm not going to get any money and only lose money in legal fees. In a ponzi scheme, the business runs until they run out of new deposits. And eventually it gets to a point where they have nothing left and therefore there is nothing left to pay to the victims.
tefl0n

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 12:22:49 AM

Shit is getting real.  Grin
https://i.redd.it/jk4z79z2soh11.png
You can search for ezBTC (1081627 BC LTD) here: https://justice.gov.bc.ca/cso/esearch/civil/partySearch.do
Also do a search on "SMILLIE, DAVID"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.