Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:51:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-08-21] Australians can now pay everyday bills with Bitcoin and other crypt  (Read 128 times)
hugeblack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 09:41:55 AM

Crypto exchange, Cointree, and billing platform, Gobbill have joined hands to make payments using cryptocurrencies easier in Australia. The partnership is all set to introduce new business opportunities.
The major issue with accepting cryptocurrencies as a mode pf payment is the fear of possible depreciation of value. This is because, cryptocurrencies are highly volatile in nature, i.e. they largely fluctuate in value. But, how have Cointree and Gobbill managed to convince several companies to accept payment in the form of cryptocurrencies? Well, here’s how.
Australians can pay any bill (within the country) using cryptocurrencies, irrespective of wether or not the company accepts crypto payments. The billion platform, Gobbill, takes care of this issue. They accept the payment from the customers in the form of crypto and pay it to the companies in the form of fiat currencies.

Can we consider this news is good or is it excited by the team that runs Cointree?
Regardless of price volatility, which may be a useful feature, the idea seems crazy.
In general, this news does not mean that the Australian government accepts bitcoin. This platform will convert the users' cryptocurrency and then pay the governments in paper money.
Congratulations to users in Australia have many options to pay in bitcoin[1].

[1] Announcing a new way to spend your Coinbase crypto — e-gift cards

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 09:24:46 AM

~
Congratulations to users in Australia have many options to pay in bitcoin[1].

[1] Announcing a new way to spend your Coinbase crypto — e-gift cards

Man, this I did't know, so basically now I can spend what I have in Coinbase on gift cards. This is a great opportunity to skip the fees. This should be the new trend to popularize the bitcoin, hope there are more services like this one in the future. I'll be happy to buy some PC hardware with bitcoin gift cards.

snipie
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1140

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 06:39:30 AM

As far as I understood, Cointree and Gobbill act like BitPay and Neteller. You send Bitcoin to Neteller indirectly through BitPay which convert BTC to fiat then you can buy or do whatever you like with your fiat as normal.

rodskee

Activity: 2366
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 08:56:57 AM

A popular country like Australia many other famous cuntry continues to improve the adoption of new technology of currecy
Another good news from the one of the rich and famous country use bitcoin and crypto for daily routine of people needs to pay.

reactorjuno

Activity: 322
Merit: 43

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 10:20:25 AM

Can we consider this news is good or is it excited by the team that runs Cointree?

Probably good news in my book, at least in the long term, I mean if we are expecting Bitcoin's price to stabilize somehow ( or better gradually increase in a healthy way) it should prove that is not only a object of speculation but a real currency. Australia and Japan seem to be two major countries embracing Bitcoin at the moment. I'm convinced more and more citizens will use Bitcoin in these countries (as a currency) especially in Japan, my predicted deadline is 2023-2024 for Bitcoin to become mainstream.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: