Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 07:33:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Could Ethereum survive without ICOs?  (Read 222 times)
Dayx

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 02:05:28 PM

like any other altcoins, if there's no development at all, it'll die someday. why do people should invest on coin that has no developments?
hisori

Activity: 99
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:06:31 PM

ICO scams are really hurting Ethereum's price and reputation, and it's very high likely that we will never see same volatility of ICO investments (like in 2017) again because of these ICO scammers.

Let's imagine that ICO investing is now over or it's very minimum compared to what it was before. Of course there could be other types of projects on Ethereum blockchain besides ICOs but their effect on ETH:s price would be minimal, and this could mean that ETH would be only used as a store of value like Bitcoin. Could ETH survive this outcome and some day still recover it's price back to 1000 usd?

yeah maybe there a little impact on ethereum side but this doesnt mean that they wont survive this obstacle, ethereum has been here and its proven for how many years and it will only go strong as years to come it was jut this year isnt the year of ethereum.
Milamol

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:09:45 PM

That 80% is a number that gets quoted often but if you look at the original source they count every single ICO that failed to reach its soft cap and returned investors money as a scam and every ICO project that never got to the point of raising any money. The fact you include 99% as a scam shows you have not a clue what you are talking about. I have done bounties for over 200 ICO's in the last year and only 20 have turned scam as far as I am concerned and I include those that reduced their bounty in that number. As far as outright scams where they ran away with the money I have only had 1 do that.
This can mean that you are good at selecting projects.

Of course the ether will survive without ICO, but it will be just one of the altcoins. Recall such projects as NEO, NEM, EOS and others, this is in some approximation an Ethereum without ICO.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
Rezel111

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:14:16 PM

I think ethereum will stay without ico but not as popular as now and may require a hard struggle to compete with other altcoins,ico scam does disturb the future of eth and ethereum prices may not be as high as they are now without ico.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: