Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 07:12:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][WALLET] AirGap - We are building a secure mobile wallet system  (Read 239 times)
lukeisontheroad (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 11:08:59 AM

A new concept that using your phone to access your assets.
But there are some problem:
1. When your phone has been stolen
2. When your phone has been slowed down but you can't re-install or install a new rom.

There is a recovery feature in place where you can generate recovery shares, for example you can create 5 shares and distribute them to friends, family, bank deposit box etc. and then only need 3 of those 5 for a successful recovery. The same applies to your second point, in that case you could switch your phone and then just import your backup phrase again.
lukeisontheroad (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:36:07 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2018, 03:32:32 PM by lukeisontheroad

Good afternoon. What minimum number of tokens can I buy?

At the moment there is no token sale, if you're interested in supporting the project, we're gladly accepting donations.
lukeisontheroad (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 01:37:13 PM

We have just announced the release of AirGap Vault and AirGap Wallet for iOS.
lukeisontheroad (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 10:18:00 AM

We have just shared AirGap with the Product Hunt community.
ericbrietmann

Activity: 66

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 10:28:43 AM

The idea and name behind this project sounds awesome. But I don't understand how it is still airgapped if the transactions are still generated by online devices, or is there something I'm missing?
lukeisontheroad (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 11:18:46 AM

The idea and name behind this project sounds awesome. But I don't understand how it is still airgapped if the transactions are still generated by online devices, or is there something I'm missing?

The transaction is generated on the every-day device with the AirGap Wallet installed, this device has internet connectivity. The signing happens on the air-gapped device with the AirGap Vault app.  Broadcasting to the blockchain then will be done again with the AirGap Wallet app.

If you're referring to the approach with AirGap Vault & AirGap Wallet on the same device, then it's not air-gapped anymore but provides still additional security to a one-app approach.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: