Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:57:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Altcoins are not affected by Bitcoin?  (Read 190 times)
Everglow

Activity: 287
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:50:16 PM

Tether (USDT), TrueUSD or similar token, they have a fixed value with fiat money. And other are Binance Coin (BNB), i saw that this token is really stable for a long time.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Balmoon

Activity: 118
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:52:17 PM

yes, now bitcoin is like a benchmark for all altcoins, if bitcoin goes down then the altcoin also goes down and vice versa, bitcoin is like the parent of an altcoin, so altcoin is always affected by the price of bitcoin, but bitcoin won't be affected by the price of altcoin.
Devawnm367

Activity: 1022
Merit: 144

Penguin Party 🐟

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:54:42 PM

I believe they are all affected by bitcoin because when you trade them or get rid of them you exchange for both Eth and BTC, you then sell your btc for usd,or whichever fiat you prefer,   or you just exchange your btc for other products or services!!!

𝕻𝖊𝖓𝖌𝖚𝖎𝖓 𝕾𝖜𝛼𝖕
PENGUIN PARTY BAITSHOP!
Swap, Pool, Stake, or Vote
cbIpok

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 03:55:20 PM

As all say, there is only one not affected by bitcoin. It is tether. But there is a stellar (xlm) which is not affected by bitcoin too much.
JCLee

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:01:42 PM

The only altcoin is not affected by BTC is USDT Smiley. Although BTC price dump or pump but USDT is always stable at $1 and it's the best choice for all investors and traders when BTC price is going to dump. LOL. So many guys often sell their BTC or any cryptocurrency to USDT before every big dump that they can predict.

seggardinggins

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:07:09 PM

It is most times seen that whenever there is a drop in price of bitcoin, there is likewise. a drop in price of Alts as well. Which Alt is not usually affected?
that's true even though what determines the price of coins is how much supply and how much market demand, but bitcoin has an impact on altcoin prices because I think bitcoin is often used as a benchmark by people so when prices go down many people rush to sell their altcoins and causing the altcoin price to drop
GantVolnov

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:10:50 PM

It is most times seen that whenever there is a drop in price of bitcoin, there is likewise. a drop in price of Alts as well. Which Alt is not usually affected?
I think that there are none that do not completely depend on Bitcoin's price. Perhaps there are some that are more dependent, there are some that are smaller. Until the market is really big and there are really big money, altcoins (which are useless) will follow Bitcoin constantly.
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:23:47 PM

Well since bitcoin is basically at the core of this market, i don't think there are any alts that won't be affected by bitcoin's movements. It has been historically proven that the market reacts to what happens with btc. At least for now we can safely assume that

Well, you are not wrong with what you just said but it is not perfectly true mate because there are many cons out there which doesnt depend upon the BTC itself.

Have you ever seen the market reaction to the BTC ? Yes, you might have seen those graphs moving with same pattern as that of the BTC and thats a perfect match if seen from the CMC overview tab.

But have you gone above Top 100 coins and have seen the graphs at that time? There is whole new world out there which is unexplained and thats because they have completely different type of volume at the time and they are not even close to how BTC is behaving. They might be pumping heavily and some of them might be stable while some down to bottom.
Tigerheart3026

Activity: 902
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:34:12 PM

I think there is no altcoin which do not related with bitcoin. Every altcoin price can up & down if bitcoin price unstable. So, My thinking Bitcoin is main coin which is the king of all other altcoins.
Sanford

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:38:06 PM

Hi friend.
I watch VeChain he even in the fall rose by 40%. Today + 5%.
I observe a 2-week growth. Bypassed such currency as Zcash

№19 top coin
crypto228

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:41:21 PM

I noticed that the drop in the price of bitcoin affects all crypto-currencies. Everyone transfers money from Crypto-currency to dollars or USDT and no matter what altcoyin you have. It happens that the entire top-100 is red except for USDT
Dewao

Activity: 337

Qravity is a decentralized content production and

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:43:06 PM

I think there is no altcoin which do not related with bitcoin. Every altcoin price can up & down if bitcoin price unstable. So, My thinking Bitcoin is main coin which is the king of all other altcoins.

Yes bitcoin is the king of CryptoCurrency and when the price of bitcoin increase or decrease automatically the altcoin price will also move . Altcoin are always affected to the price of bitcoin.
cabron

Activity: 2814
Merit: 598

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 04:52:45 PM

There is another besides tether its TUSD. Smiley

Tether seem actually the holy grail of crypto and its to only that you can move your money without affecting your profit. Sometimes when there is a huge dip of price the price of tether rises too like $1.02 but I doubt you can profit with such price movement. All altcoins are going to decline as they all are dependent to the price of BTC.

matedrink24

Activity: 188
Merit: 10

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:54:16 PM

The crypto market is always affected by the BTC. BTC leads the crypto type. If the BTC decreases, all will decrease accordingly. Some altcoins tend to increase but not for long. Shorter periods will also tend to decrease.

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:04:14 PM

Well since bitcoin is basically at the core of this market, i don't think there are any alts that won't be affected by bitcoin's movements. It has been historically proven that the market reacts to what happens with btc. At least for now we can safely assume that
Maybe there is,those coins that has been pumped for that specific occasions..mostbof the times in the mid of dipping,theres a coin that highlighted because its the only one growing above everything.and sometimes pumped upto x300-400 percent ..
Nalbo

Activity: 870
Merit: 125

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:11:50 PM

There is a general tendency of collective rise and fall in every economics be it the stock market or crypto market.
Bitcon having more than half of total market cap, is the single most determining factor for crypto prices without a doubt.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:49:20 PM

The only coins not affected by the price of bitcoin are stable coins like tether and the like, and if you think about this it makes sense, almost all the coins are using the technology created by satoshi nakamoto with just some small changes, so it is natural that almost all the coins respond to bitcoin and when you add that most of the money is invested in bitcoin this explains why when the price of bitcoin moves alts move in the same direction.
hcf27

Activity: 257

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:53:09 PM

If we ignore USDT and TUSD then all altcoin thing is affected by the price of bitcoin. This market grows or falls down due to the price of bitcoin deciding everything
nwanne

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 03:20:08 AM

Apart from stable coins like USDT, other coins in the market is always affected when the bitcoin price goes down, this is because almost all the altcoins has their pairs in btc, so it will always affect the price of altcoins.

▬▬  The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange  ▬▬  https://ico.ethershift.co  ▬▬
xjcjf

Activity: 116

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 03:26:40 AM

Bitcoin is the core of the entire cryptocurrency market. No altcoin can exist separately from Bitcoin. I think that as long as bitcoin falls, all altcoins will fall, and bitcoin will fall. All altcoins will fall.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: