Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:46:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 6 reasons why future ICOs will use Byteball instead of Ethereum (+screenshots)  (Read 2467 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:43:27 PM

You can't have any meaningful discussions with a modded thread, censorship on Bitcointalk is one of the most damaging things for this forum.
pineapple express

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:47:15 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2018, 07:25:44 PM by pineapple express

Seems like a really good platform, however you can't discount the brand power of Ethereum

True, the Ethereum brand is currently a reason why many ICOs dont seem to explore other platforms

Byteball offer is pretty compelling when compared vs Ethereum

- You will not be able to create a dapp on a centralized platform. https://byteball.fr/stats.php
- Last time what i saw ico's raised 15 - $150m. If you sell $250k of bytes, gbyte price will be halved. https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-GBYTE
- Scalability of Byteball has not be proven. Last time what i saw, nodes crashed at 18tps ( https://blog.goodaudience.com/byteball-main-net-under-stress-test-c131ba85b72b). The problem of data storage is not solved.
Design flaws are described here https://blog.goodaudience.com/byteball-move-proposal-831187509ed0

whenearth

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 01:13:51 AM

I thought Byteball was just a different blockchain with no blocks! These ICO features do sound very innovative and makes ETH platform looks useless for the ICOs!!

Same here! At first, I thought it was that simple: just a different blockchain with no blocks. But I was surprised too by the fact that Byteball was made TO BE USED BY THE NORMAL MAN, and not just by developers.
anahata

Activity: 523
Merit: 300

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 02:00:58 AM

The problem with byteball is the distribution. It made btc holders more rich. Normal users got none of the benefits.
meterse (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 226
Merit: 8

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 05:31:03 PM

Seems like a really good platform, however you can't discount the brand power of Ethereum

True, the Ethereum brand is currently a reason why many ICOs dont seem to explore other platforms

Byteball offer is pretty compelling when compared vs Ethereum

- You will not be able to create a dapp on a centralized platform. https://byteball.fr/stats.php
- Last time what i saw ico's raised 15 - $150m. If you sell $250k of bytes, gbyte price will be halved. https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-GBYTE
- Scalability of Byteball has not be proven. Last time what i saw, nodes crashed at 18tps ( https://blog.goodaudience.com/byteball-main-net-under-stress-test-c131ba85b72b). The problem of data storage is not solved.
Design flaws are described here https://blog.goodaudience.com/byteball-move-proposal-831187509ed0

1. dectralization will be 50% public witness by janaury 2019 as has been stated previously
2. byteball is faster and more scalable than Ethereum which most icos use
3. tps will be increased when needed as devs have said many times. no point increasing tips now when network is running at less tha 0.01% capaciity
4. byteball DAG is currently around 1-2gb I think, ethereum is more than 2 terabyte. again this is not an issue right now, and given how low storage costs its not a major concern
whenearth

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 02:49:44 AM

The problem with byteball is the distribution. It made btc holders more rich. Normal users got none of the benefits.

Which I am sure the developers would find better - and more efficient - ways of doing it.  Cool
altcoinb

Activity: 349
Merit: 132

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 12:13:03 PM

The distribution of btc holder is finish, now is:
- Cashback for purchases at the merchant stores we partner with. In most cases, the offered cashback is 10% of the purchase amount.
- Fill out the application form or contact us if you run a store or a payment processor and want to be part of the cashback program.
- Verification rewards and referral rewards to those who verify their real name.
- Verification rewards and referral rewards to those who verify their email address.
- Verification rewards and referral rewards to those who verify their Steem account.
- Verification rewards and referral rewards to accredited investors who verify their accredited status.
- Rewards to those who pass a quiz in Telegram.
- Subsidies that offset part of the fees paid when buying Bytes with Visa or Mastercard.
- Rewards for donating one's computing resources to the World Community Grid.
- Giveaways distributed e.g. through youtube channels of our supporters. See e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hycluITNDBM.
- Mass sending of textcoins to subscribers of our partners. See the results of the previous campaigns.
Source: https://byteball.org/
andrejka

Activity: 770
Merit: 251

MOBU - FUTURE OF SECURITY TOKENS

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:14:31 PM

The problem with Byteball in comparison with Ethereum besides everything else is the marketing component as well. Just few people know about Byteball while Ethereum is known by everyone. Yoy may have the best technology in the world but without exposure you will never succeed...

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
M O B U  ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future   
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:02:19 AM

Another big plus for the Byteball platform is that it already has implemented private assets, the most popular and built-in called ‘Blackbytes’. Transaction with Blackbytes are stored off-chain and only a hash of the outcome of the transaction is stored as proof on the DAG.

There are two exchange bots to trade Blackbytes: Beep and Freebe.

You can find more details about Blackbytes in our wiki at https://wiki.byteball.org/Blackbytes

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:12:37 AM

I will keep it short and simple:

Being faster, simpler, cheaper does not mean Byteball or any other new blockchain can overtake  Ethereum.
Reasons why ICOs will be more tending towards ETH and NEO compared to any other blockchain:

1. Experience over the years
2. Proved its worth over these many years and  the mass adoption of ETH
3. Investors will not be very much interested in moving to a shit coin for investment for an ICO, they would simply reject it.
4. Though we have seen bad cases like cryptokitties, Bancor ICO etc for ETH super congestion, however, none of the other blockchains have seen this much network usage for clogging, Ethereum has managed to come over it,other blockchains need to show how well they can support the network in similar scenarios, and more importantly are there projects interested to be on Byteball or any such blockchain.
Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:17:48 AM

Really, guys, I'm getting sick of these numerous tokens/platforms that claim they'll overtake Bitcoin and Ether. The very same day these two start falling, there are lots of messages like this one.

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
pineapple express

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:22:38 AM

Really, guys, I'm getting sick of these numerous tokens/platforms that claim they'll overtake Bitcoin and Ether. The very same day these two start falling, there are lots of messages like this one.
yeah, we overtake Bitcoin and Ether it's a red flag for me. Do it or shut up.
Crumple Cat

Activity: 364
Merit: 138

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:43:28 AM

Indicators are pretty good, but it seems to me that this ease ICO creation can contribute to the fact that on this platform, many shit and scam projects will be deployed. Maybe I'm wrong not knowing this project deeply, but these were my first superficial thoughts on this.

altcoinb

Activity: 349
Merit: 132

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 03:09:15 PM

Indicators are pretty good, but it seems to me that this ease ICO creation can contribute to the fact that on this platform, many shit and scam projects will be deployed. Maybe I'm wrong not knowing this project deeply, but these were my first superficial thoughts on this.
Easy yes, but for create a ico you need a full real identity verified wallet.
All this platforms have the problem with shit- and scamcoins, ethereum too.
meterse (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:07:01 PM

I will keep it short and simple:

Being faster, simpler, cheaper does not mean Byteball or any other new blockchain can overtake  Ethereum.
Reasons why ICOs will be more tending towards ETH and NEO compared to any other blockchain:

1. Experience over the years
2. Proved its worth over these many years and  the mass adoption of ETH
3. Investors will not be very much interested in moving to a shit coin for investment for an ICO, they would simply reject it.
4. Though we have seen bad cases like cryptokitties, Bancor ICO etc for ETH super congestion, however, none of the other blockchains have seen this much network usage for clogging, Ethereum has managed to come over it,other blockchains need to show how well they can support the network in similar scenarios, and more importantly are there projects interested to be on Byteball or any such blockchain.

huh?

nearly every single shitcoin ICO thats every happened has used Ethereum

did you read the OP? For ico funding Byteball clearly has a much strong offering that Ethereum.

The Ethereum ICO process is a train wreck, doesnt sound like you are familar with it
meterse (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:08:48 PM

The problem with Byteball in comparison with Ethereum besides everything else is the marketing component as well. Just few people know about Byteball while Ethereum is known by everyone. Yoy may have the best technology in the world but without exposure you will never succeed...

you are correct, that is the main problem

But once some high profile ICOs use Byteball momentum will grow

things can change crazy fast in crypto, especially when there is something better on the table like byteball ico offering
aleksnutis

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:18:34 PM

This is a good marketing comparison. I have long thought about including one of the coins based on DAG technology, and perhaps it will be not only IOTA, but also Byteball. I'm wondering if there is such a big difference between these platforms, why until now almost all companies conduct ICO on the platform of the Etherium?
meterse (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 12:55:26 AM

This is a good marketing comparison. I have long thought about including one of the coins based on DAG technology, and perhaps it will be not only IOTA, but also Byteball. I'm wondering if there is such a big difference between these platforms, why until now almost all companies conduct ICO on the platform of the Etherium?

Ethereum is older and has the brand recognition

meterse (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 12:56:36 AM

yeah, we overtake Bitcoin and Ether it's a red flag for me. Do it or shut up.

never said it would overtake, said more ICOs will use Byteball as its better than Ethereum for ICOs. read the op
fempat

Activity: 331
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:04:46 AM

I never knew Byteball was this fantastic as I never cared to read it up. many projects are still launching on Ethereum because it has proved itself. As more projects use byteball for their ICOs, I strongly believe that Ethereum will be challenged in the future.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: