Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:04:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think Ripple is a little bit Overrated Coin?  (Read 88 times)
larkinvain (OP)

Activity: 1120
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:09:18 PM

I am not sure, but recently Ripple seems to me an overrated Coin. Ripple is not totally decentralized coin. It has billions of supply , I was following their official Twitter account! But still i haven't found any interesting upcoming news or conference about this bear market or anything.

Don't you think this coin is overrated? If i am wrong, please correct me with the actual information.
Collider

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:12:38 PM

I am not sure, but recently Ripple seems to me an overrated Coin. Ripple is not totally decentralized coin. It has billions of supply , I was following their official Twitter account! But still i haven't found any interesting upcoming news or conference about this bear market or anything.

Don't you think this coin is overrated? If i am wrong, please correct me with the actual information.
Ripple and XRP token is a diffrent thing. Ripple is a company and they have partnerships with many banks. Banks use their solution but this solution doesn´t rquire to use XRP tokens! And that is the main thing what you should have to know. XRP is not tested and used by banks!
larkinvain (OP)

Activity: 1120
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:16:31 PM

Ripple and XRP token is a diffrent thing. Ripple is a company and they have partnerships with many banks. Banks use their solution but this solution doesn´t rquire to use XRP tokens! And that is the main thing what you should have to know. XRP is not tested and used by banks!

OMG! Then i was wrong all these day! I thought Ripple and XRP coins are same! In the coinmarketcap, Ripple (XRP) is staying under Ethereum, I mean it is the third ranking coin regards the coinmarketcap ranks!

Could you please clarify about it? Ripple and XRP are not the same coin? Then why everywhere Ripple's symbol is XRP?
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:55:00 PM

Could you please clarify about it? Ripple and XRP are not the same coin? Then why everywhere Ripple's symbol is XRP?
I'm not 100% sure if this is true, but recently I heard the same thing in an interview. I was somehow under the impression that one would need XRP as gas to move assets on the Ripple network. But it doesn't look so:

Here is the difference between xrp and Ripple Connect taken from their whitepapers:

1) Ripple, the company, offers banks a software called Ripple Connect (thanks /u/cmbartley) which uses InterLedger Protocol (ILP) to transfer $$ between banks with a minimal fee because it doesn't have to get transferred 2-3 times into different fiats or service fees. It simply needs to get converted once. This software DOES NOT USE XRP. XRP is an option but right now banks are not choosing it because it's new and because of its volatility.

2) XRP is a cryptocurrency that exists outside of Ripple Connect that is high in liquidity and has fast transactions. Source: https://youtu.be/51dMe_Oui4M?t=2439

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Ripple/comments/6jd9w6/this_is_the_difference_between_xrp_and_ripple/

If XRP exists in a different system, I wonder what will prevent it from plummeting in the future.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: