Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:50:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi's now has 600- 700k bitcoins?  (Read 1097 times)
superfan

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 04:26:40 PM

I thought more but 600-700 is enough... Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Charmaine52

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 09:18:02 AM

This makes Satoshi able to recoup the processing of local and global manufacturers. This is a huge amount, I would be scared if I have a lot of cash .. And he never made a statement about anything or see anywhere.
raidarksword

Activity: 2044
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 09:36:43 AM

Satoshi never been proved who he was, whether is only one person or group of people who created bitcoin but if this true it can really affect the market conditions right now. Hopefully Mr. Satoshi will continue to hold so that bitcoin will surely rise the price and it can attract more investors towards it.

levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 12:54:33 PM

It has often been reported that the creator of bitcoin - Satoshi Nakamoto- has at least a million bitcoins, that could spark a lot of market distortions should those coins ever move from their wallets, but recent report by Bitmex's research team suggest figures 30 percent lower. 600 - 700k bitcoins
What do you think? Any significant difference?

Reference: https://news.bitcoin.com/satoshis-1-million-bitcoin-haul-could-be-smaller-than-first-thought/

1 million is not a little amount, it could make the market change with a significant difference indeed.
But if you were a founder of bitcoin, you must be want to make bitcoin going better and gained more trust from peoples, not dumping it on the market.
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 12:56:51 PM

is there a list of all bitcoin addresses presumably belong to satoshi?
would be interesting to see if there will be any transaction out in the future Wink
they are already dormant for some time now and probably will never be claimed/moved by him,
so those addresses would be very good target for private keys brute force Tongue

mlsbd

Activity: 516
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 01:10:49 PM

It has often been reported that the creator of bitcoin - Satoshi Nakamoto- has at least a million bitcoins, that could spark a lot of market distortions should those coins ever move from their wallets, but recent report by Bitmex's research team suggest figures 30 percent lower. 600 - 700k bitcoins
Reference: https://news.bitcoin.com/satoshis-1-million-bitcoin-haul-could-be-smaller-than-first-thought/
I can't reached the your reference link. This research is not correct i think, Satoshi Nakamoto own several million bitcoins. 600-700K is small amount as a developers. Many unknown persons owned million of Bitcoins it's published by journal.
KonstantinosM

Activity: 1492
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 01:11:27 PM

Even if Satoshi has 1 million coins and even if he wanted to sell all of them, the market would only move in the short term (if he sold all at once).

Also I don't think Satoshi still has access to those bitcoins. They were worth nothing back then so it's completely possible he just changed wallets or lost the keys as so many after him have.

For a small blip of time, bitcoin would plummet down near zero as people lucky enough to have liquidity would buy everything up. Then things would probably bounce up in the thousands again before you'd even know it.

People think whales make the markets but they really don't. It's buyers and sellers. I'm not afraid of how much Bitcoin Satoshi potentially has.

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
burky155

Merit: 12

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 01:12:17 PM

I don't think this makes any difference. 1 million coins or 600k coins, I think it's safe to say that these coins are gone forever. Satoshi himself was very libertarian, I doubt he wanted to be in the position where he himself becomes what he despised. Bitcoin is his brainchild, he deeply cares for Bitcoin, he knows that moving or using these coins would harm it. If he had the self-restraint to not access that wealth at the peak of the price, I'm sure he won't ever access them.

Yes i am very agree with you on this. "I don't think this makes any difference. 1 million coins or 600k coins" Smiley A million bitcoin makes 6,5 billion dollar and it is anormous amount of Money.. I don't know where he is right now (I think no one knows) but he should be happy and relaxful. I hope one day he comes our and talk to the press and explain everything to us..

bitfocus

Merit: 15

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 01:32:03 PM

Does it really matter? there are huge scope to buy or mine your own Bitcoin, so, Satoshi's holding actually matters nothing. Let him/them stay anonymous.
tegarp90

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 01:35:01 PM

Is there anyone else thingking besides me that "satoshi" is not really a one person.
I think they have a group of people who maintain it all till right now.
Richarrego

Activity: 44

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 10:01:07 AM

Satoshi nakatomo is anonymous, now how are you all to these numbers, these are all speculations and in my frank opinion, should not be taken seriously. But, I think it does not matter because we do not know who Satoshi is. Now I just think about my bitcoin. That is only 100 days of uninterrupted operation by Satoshi to get 720,000 coins that will only take you up to early April 2009. Both the original estimate and Bitmex are all reasonable. It's great no matter what.
awawo

Activity: 406
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 10:31:29 AM

Santoshi as the brain behind the development of bitcoin will not take that step of tempering with the said one million or $600k/$700k bitcoin as he cares for the harm that may cause in the future, if santoshi never move those bitcoin when the market was at it peak in 2017 I don't think he will make the move now.
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 10:35:51 AM

I will not care about where bitcoin is held by Satoshi or the place where he issued the bitcoin that he holds now because even though the amount of bitcoin will not greatly affect the market situation unless he multiplies the total number of bitcoins in the world.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
hometester

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 01:58:06 PM

even the figure of 600 000 bitcoin can move the market) I believe that this is not so important. they may never budge, and that won't mean or disprove the reliability of bitcoin, let's not forget that
0t3p0t

Activity: 1540
Merit: 351

Mabuhay!

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 03:03:47 PM

We don't even know is Satoshi Nakamoto alive.How the hell did this Bitmex research found out that Satoshi's coins are 600-700K and not 1M?Anyway,I believe that it's kinda unfair that the creator of bitcoin has so many btc.Perhaps it was better for him to destroy or give away those bitcoins.
More or less 1million Bitcoins is a pretty big money nowadays so If ever somebody has that amount that was one of a lucky whale he or she is. For me it is fair enough if ever Satoshi has that amount of Bitcoin because without him we are not here today. If I had to choose from destroying or giving away those Bitcoins, maybe the second one is best and I think the best place for that giveaway is the Bitcointalk forum like giving some rewards to members that contributed something good to the community.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
maskeffec

Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 03:23:55 PM

Satoshi does have a very large coin base but there is no official proof that it has 1 million or less coins, I think this is exhaled by a group of investors to create panic. Satoshi is a very smart person so he will never sell his coins, so there is no need to worry about that.
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 04:08:12 PM

What made santoshi with his huge asset in bitcoin not to temper with the market when the market was at it pick should go a long way to tell us how concern the name santoshi is with the development and advancement of bitcoin owning $600k-$700k is same as owning a million bitcoin but the fact still remains that santoshi will never interfere with the market .movement.
Wall_Streeet

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:12:05 PM

I think they will never budge, because it will lead to a fall and a clear signal to sell
KryptoKai

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 06:29:05 PM

Even it is was just 100 bitcoins it would cause a stir if any of them moved. It would prove that the creator is still around and able to take the helm of the project again. Financially, 600k is not different to 1m, everyone would panic sell regardless if any got sold

green547

Activity: 385
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 06:40:32 PM

600k-700k is the same guess as 1million bitcoin was. it doesn't matter how much they try to "analyze" things, in the end they will be making a big guess with a large margin of error because nobody really knows how many people and who have been mining bitcoin in the early days.

and it wouldn't make any difference. that is still a lot of bitcoin, in reality it won't affect anything since they won't come into circulation and even if they do, Satoshi is not someone who would dump on the market but people have their own weird reasons for panic.

Thats a romantic idea, but there is still a very real possibility that Satoshi will return someday and sell off his coins.  He may want to fund charitable causes in the future with his new found wealth.  New investors have to at least consider the risk of one million bitcoins being sold on the market.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: