Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:03:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Consensus based on the network latency and fully distributed voting mechanism.  (Read 134 times)
yj1190590 (OP)

Activity: 199
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 01:00:00 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2018, 12:07:24 AM by yj1190590

Hi:
I have been working on this consense mechanism since I posted it last time.
This is a new version of research paper after struggling with the language expression skills.
Let me introduce the protocol in brief.
1)This study aims to determine a pow-like protocol with less energy consumption.

2)The ability "Nertwork dispersity" is defined as
As a greater number of dispersed online terminals work together, the faster they can acquire
randomly distributed information in the network due to network latency. This type of “ability”
is referred to as “network dispersity,”
And it is involved into the system along with the "Stake" property to avoid the common problems of PoS like "Nothing at stake" and wealth concentration issue. So the protocol can be seemed as a kind of PoS mechanism.

3)Block can be finalized.

4)It's a fully discentralized system and doesn't need any special nodes like "Validators". The process of deposit and authentication are not needed either. We can think it in this way: it achieves the main purpose of "Casper", but it's much simpler and more effective.

The full paper is shown here(disabled).

If there are any questions, please let me know. Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1161

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 05:46:29 AM

That sounds interesting - however, if I understand your proposal correctly, then the equivalent of hash rate is the ability to control networking nodes around the globe, right?  My gut feeling is that this makes it much easier for likes of the NSA or other nation states to perform a 51% attack than if they have to obtain and spend massive energy for PoW.

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
yj1190590 (OP)

Activity: 199
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 07:23:34 AM

That sounds interesting - however, if I understand your proposal correctly, then the equivalent of hash rate is the ability to control networking nodes around the globe, right?  My gut feeling is that this makes it much easier for likes of the NSA or other nation states to perform a 51% attack than if they have to obtain and spend massive energy for PoW.
Yes, you can say it's an ability to "control" the network. But the ability of network dispersity is not the only ability involved in the competition. Actually there will be three types of competitor with three types of abilities. The risk that attackers will control the network by dominating one type of ability, like you mentioned, will be reduced. You could refer to the section "4. Compete for Voters" for more details.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: