Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:17:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN][ICO]Kambio Ventures - A Regulated Security Token Exchange for Startups  (Read 20329 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Kambio Ventures (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 01:10:28 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2019, 09:11:13 AM by Kambio Ventures

-

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kambio Ventures (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 01:16:39 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2018, 10:11:45 PM by Kambio Ventures

We are proud to be Gold Sponsors of the World Blockchain Forum - London 2018

Kambio Ventures (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 01:19:33 PM

Reserved
freemind1
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 08:35:21 AM

@Kambio Ventures what the team plans to do with the tokens that are not sold? Will they be blocked in an account for X time or will they burn?. Thanks!
Kambio Ventures (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 09:04:19 PM

https://medium.com/kambioventures/join-kambio-at-the-world-blockchain-forum-london-aefdca2aa60c

Kambio Ventures (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:13:24 PM

@Kambio Ventures what the team plans to do with the tokens that are not sold? Will they be blocked in an account for X time or will they burn?. Thanks!

Hey freemind1,

That will be revealed very soon, with the revised whitepaper. KMB will be a utility token, while SABR's are regulated security tokens.
 As such, KMB will have a different legal standpoint from SABR's.

Stay tuned!
Fionoa

Activity: 225
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 04:39:41 PM

This is a new project, but there is a lot of activity here, I like it,
inflr

Activity: 51

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 04:49:08 PM

Nice project! I've read your whitepaper and liked.
freemind1
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:40:39 AM

@Kambio Ventures thanks for the info, I look forward to reading the final version of the WP and the official start of the project.
Kambio Ventures (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 09:40:11 PM

It was a great show. More pics soon  Wink

emya

Activity: 146

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 10:02:31 PM

It was a great show. More pics soon  Wink

https://i.imgur.com/hriJTPa.jpg
That is great , where is it ?
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 10:02:51 PM

What a whitepaper  Shocked !! damn...

I've got to say, only a team of this calibre and expertise can pull this off. Puts this project right up there along with tZero, Polymath and Bancor.
 Will definitely keep this under the radar. The ICO is not even active and already attending conferences showing face... bravo!
Kambio Ventures (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 10:10:44 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2018, 10:27:14 PM by Kambio Ventures

That is great , where is it ?

Today, at the World Blockchain Forum - London 2018.

Come join our Telegram to join our discussions and get the latest first Wink

https://t.me/Kambiochat

GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 10:31:59 PM

I agree, the development is very interesting, it is certainly difficult for me to practice the action and the process of finishing it, but in theory everything is interesting.

yeah, I got thrown back a bit at first, wasn't expecting that at all. But makes perfect sense, this could be huge. Hope to see an MVP soon
freemind1
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 11:02:12 PM

@GhostPlayer that the ico has not started and the team is attending conferences shows professionalism and seriousness when creating a project, something rare in the days we live Smiley
Kambio Ventures (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:00:56 AM

Telegram -> https://t.me/Kambiochat

wicaksono

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:17:34 AM

Kambio platform comes with a revolution about A Security Token Exchange for Startups security is no longer an important issue or not, but security is about the needs and desires of everyone.
Kambio Ventures (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:43:59 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2018, 09:58:42 AM by Kambio Ventures

Kambio platform comes with a revolution about A Security Token Exchange for Startups security is no longer an important issue or not, but security is about the needs and desires of everyone.

Not quite sure if I understood your comment correctly. However, Security Tokens are the next logical step in this industry.
 To open an STE - Security Token Exchange -  will surely bring even more confidence to the blockchain industry as a whole, to traditional operators in the space.

As much as we all love true open sourced decentralized software, the truth of the matter is that our legacy systems are not ready for them - nor can they be in the foreseeable future. These are not just digital tokens, they represent actual equity in both tangible and intangible form. From bank accounts to office furniture, patents to industrial machinery.

Mind you, I am defending security tokens, not centralized services. Pure blockchain needs to be decentralized, and we will be by issuing a smart contract on the Ethereum network.

But to think of issuing a security, there must be a governing agent and accountable party.

The main advantage of Security Tokens is that there is no longer a 6-8 year period lock-up for investors (if all goes according to plan!). Startups are not held hostage to VC and Angels, trying to compete for better price and dominance over your company. The fact is that many of the best Startups sell-off for cheap because they get tired of this pressure and the imposed financial hurdles.

Imagine living and breathing your passions, creating an awesome product - but every single day you wake up feeling you're treading on thin ice. That your company burn rate will only keep you alive X months, and then it's over - and that is when the sharks attack - when you are weak and most vulnerable.

Kambio will democratise proper security backed investments. It will bring liquidity to both investors, startups and SME's. It will cut through the red tape, lower costs, increase auditable speed, precision and accountability.

The barrier of entry (and exit) is lowered to anyone willing to participate in the exchange when we open doors.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:59:02 PM

@GhostPlayer that the ico has not started and the team is attending conferences shows professionalism and seriousness when creating a project, something rare in the days we live Smiley

Do you remember the good old days here in the forum, when an airdrop was actually a totally legitimate thing to do as a means of equalitarian distribution of coins, so that projects would not suffer from the "instamine blues" ... or simply be 100% premined but justly distributed amongst all participants, so the dilution of coins would produce a much fairer and even economy, without being subject to insider manipulation?

Ahh ... the good old days...  It makes me sick to my stomach to see what these airdrops have become today. Completely destroyed the original vibe. Hope Kambio doesn't fall into the "free money come and get it" game

Totally agree with you, I sense this project is different. Can't remember an ICO in pre-ICO stage that had so much going on already.
Kambio Ventures (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:02:24 PM

Do you remember the good old days here in the forum, when an airdrop was actually a totally legitimate thing to do as a means of equalitarian distribution of coins, so that projects would not suffer from the "instamine blues" ... or simply be 100% premined but justly distributed amongst all participants, so the dilution of coins would produce a much fairer and even economy, without being subject to insider manipulation?

Ahh ... the good old days...  It makes me sick to my stomach to see what these airdrops have become today. Completely destroyed the original vibe. Hope Kambio doesn't fall into the "free money come and get it" game

Totally agree with you, I sense this project is different. Can't remember an ICO in pre-ICO stage that had so much going on already.

A very legitimate concern, and one we are highly empathetic with.

As you can see from our pre-ANN first post, we have several bounties lined up, but not an airdrop, for the exact reasons you state.
 We do not rule out this possibility in the future, but if we do it will certainly be aligned with good practices, not as a means to falsely inflate the number of
 users in our exchange.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: