Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 04:17:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN][ICO]Kambio Ventures - A Regulated Security Token Exchange for Startups  (Read 20339 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
crypt_farid

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 04:59:15 PM

Security token exchanges are definitely going to up the game in all key areas. From enterprise level IT, regulation and socially. Particularly in Europe, where the VC culture is not so hot as in the US. This could very well spark a very serious economic revolution this side of the pond
Kambio Ventures (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 02:25:09 PM

Sora Summit Macau 2018 - http://www.sorasummit.com/

yangdo

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 02:58:18 PM

I was thinking of attending Sora, had I known beforehand I would have loved to meet the Kambio team
finickyjoe

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 04:30:05 PM

Hi admin - I am very interested in STOs too, actually just joined bitcointalk today! Very excited to see the exchange. Should be very interesting, and very different from trading crypto coins. I presume volatility will be much much less. Looking forward to it, I'm a economics student and we are already discussing that by the time I get out of uni, old systems may not even exist any more
Kambio Ventures (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 08:54:04 PM

Recent Public Statement by the SEC regarding Digital Securities.
Nov. 16, 2018

https://www.sec.gov/news/public-statement/digital-asset-securites-issuuance-and-trading
Blubber_Bob

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 04:27:50 PM

Recent Public Statement by the SEC regarding Digital Securities.
Nov. 16, 2018

https://www.sec.gov/news/public-statement/digital-asset-securites-issuuance-and-trading

Woooah - will this be the end on the ICO as we know it?
fabchamp96

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 05:07:01 PM

Hopefully so. Ask anyone that participated in an ICO last year what they feel about it today. The fact is that ICO's were seriously abused. heck, no one made any effort, just download a WP theme, edit the text and boom - instant money maker. Millions of unsuspecting retail investors got seriously burnt. This is not p2p decentralized chains... they are just money grabbers. Which is why I'm soy interested in this next phase of security tokens. At least they call it what they are supposed to be called, and not try to dodge the authorities.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 05:31:09 PM

Hopefully so. Ask anyone that participated in an ICO last year what they feel about it today. The fact is that ICO's were seriously abused. heck, no one made any effort, just download a WP theme, edit the text and boom - instant money maker. Millions of unsuspecting retail investors got seriously burnt. This is not p2p decentralized chains... they are just money grabbers. Which is why I'm soy interested in this next phase of security tokens. At least they call it what they are supposed to be called, and not try to dodge the authorities.

Very well put, my thoughts exactly
fabchamp96

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 05:50:17 PM

Very well put, my thoughts exactly

Like they say, great mind think alike Grin

Anyway, that was one tough whitepaper to grasp, but once digging through it it become quite logical. I have my finger's crossed
they will allow regular investors in.
yangdo

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 01:55:35 PM

Anyway, that was one tough whitepaper to grasp, but once digging through it it become quite logical. I have my finger's crossed

Did you read the fine print at the beginning ?
fabchamp96

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 05:37:01 PM

Did you read the fine print at the beginning ?

yeah, but one never know with fine print disclaimers  Grin
Sundoshi

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 09:34:17 AM

Wow, what a week. With the new SEC ruling, this really does seem like the end of the ICO as we know it. At the same time, opens the floodgate for regulated tokens and more serious players. I just hope the entire ICO concept does not die off, but evolves, it really is an elegant social crowdfunding solution.

The only problem I have with securities is that traditionally they are out of the reach of regular people, which is a damn shame. One of the promises of tokenizing assets would be to lower the barrier of entry so much, while increasing accountability and transparency so much - surely there is a way to democratize this investment vehicle.
finickyjoe

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 02:49:31 PM

Wow, what a week. With the new SEC ruling, this really does seem like the end of the ICO as we know it. At the same time, opens the floodgate for regulated tokens and more serious players. I just hope the entire ICO concept does not die off, but evolves, it really is an elegant social crowdfunding solution.

The only problem I have with securities is that traditionally they are out of the reach of regular people, which is a damn shame. One of the promises of tokenizing assets would be to lower the barrier of entry so much, while increasing accountability and transparency so much - surely there is a way to democratize this investment vehicle.

The way I see it is that this *finally* brings forth clear guidance by the SEC (as basis for so many other jurisdictions) concerning future ICO's, TGE's, STO's, ETO's etc etc - we may have to wait a while, but overal this is positive news. What I think is really really bad news is the hammer on EtherDelta - that scares me
ethorca2000

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 05:36:56 PM

The shakeout before mass adoption. Finally!

https://i.imgur.com/vrzQyXK.jpg
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 06:03:59 PM

The shakeout before mass adoption. Finally!

Welcome to this loony bin! You can't post pictures because your account is new. Let me do it for you.

ethorca2000

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 11:44:01 AM

Thank you @GhostPlayer  Cheesy
Blubber_Bob

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 01:58:10 PM

I'm starting to see a clearer picture now. Last weeks was a disaster form cryptos in general. SEC ruling, the two idiots fighting over BCH, future expiring from the CBOE... This is a strong market correction if I've ever seen one. Next week the first BTC ETF launches.

GOOD times ahead gents and gals, good times... I'm with Lee, we can definitely see 15k by the end of the year. This time last year BTC was at around 5.5k
limmousine

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 02:10:06 PM

in your roadmap you state that platform (mvp) will be available in Q4, so is it available now and where can I find it?
Kambio Ventures (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 04:59:21 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2018, 05:56:43 PM by Kambio Ventures

in your roadmap you state that platform (mvp) will be available in Q4, so is it available now and where can I find it?

Hi limmousine,

The MVP is available in Alpha version for now, but only for select institutional and qualified investors.
 After that, we will release a public Beta - other than this I cannot provide any more specifics regarding the platform at this moment I'm afraid.

Development is hush-hush for now, because we are preparing something really great. Do stay tuned, you will be pleasantly surprised.

I would highly suggest everyone join our Telegram channel and follow the discussions there.

https://t.me/Kambiochat
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 08:56:35 PM

Hi limmousine,

The MVP is available in Alpha version for now, but only for select institutional and qualified investors.
 After that, we will release a public Beta - other than this I cannot provide any more specifics regarding the platform at this moment I'm afraid.

Development is hush-hush for now, because we are preparing something really great. Do stay tuned, you will be pleasantly surprised.

I would highly suggest everyone join our Telegram channel and follow the discussions there.

https://t.me/Kambiochat

And will the Beta have open access, or restricted to ICO investors only?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: