Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:59:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] everytime you don't like what someone says, doesn't mean it's QS  (Read 525 times)
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 09:34:09 PM

You think he was lying about how many accounts I have? Is this baseless speculation? Or is there some evidence to support this? Do you have other examples of him lying about anything?

There is not anything wrong with having multiple accounts and trying to stomp out all alt accounts will only give people a false sense of security.
Its good to know that people can twist my own words.

But no, I didn't say nor think that BadBear lied. He never said that he knows how many accounts you have, but it was implied that you have a lot of accounts. Like I said, there's nothing wrong in having multiple accounts, except only, when you random people use multiple accounts to spread lies/whatever shilling is to be done.  Roll Eyes

And I don't know if BadBear lied elsewhere, even if he did, I don't care to even bother about it.

Should we be worried?   Grin
Yes and no.

I prefer to read a post from him than a post from a shit poster. To agree with him or not is something else. But I prefer to disagree with someone and to like to read than reading someone with a crap post even if I agree with him
Agreed. QS has a lot of knowledge, and is useful sometimes, if only he uses his knowledge for rightful purposes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
allahabadi

Activity: 952
Merit: 166

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:17:45 AM

Should we be worried?   Grin
Yes and no.

I'm confused and also slightly worried...

Huh
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 04:26:57 AM

(I'm not an alt of Quickseller)
Can you prove this?
This is actually a point that I would like to delve into: the fact that one cannot prove that they are not and alt of another. I have started noticing a lot of instances where one user sends tokens (or some other "cryptocurrency") to another user's address and it becomes solidified as grounds for a link.

I don't doubt that a lot of these cases are cases of alts sending one another coin/tokens and I don't accept the "we had a trade and we lost the logs" argument for obvious reasons. However, I am absolutely sure that there is a significant portion of these cases which are false positives.

Is there any way to deal with that, other than giving up searches and allowing these bounty farmers to continue spewing trash all over the forum?

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 04:36:58 AM
Merited by whywefight (1)

Is there any way to deal with that, other than giving up searches and allowing these bounty farmers to continue spewing trash all over the forum?

Full KYC with cavity search for bounty hunters.

OR

Ban bounties, signatures, and avatars. Also ban Quicksy, just for kicks.

OR

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4893744.0

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 07:03:06 AM

(I'm not an alt of Quickseller)
Can you prove this?
This is actually a point that I would like to delve into: the fact that one cannot prove that they are not and alt of another. I have started noticing a lot of instances where one user sends tokens (or some other "cryptocurrency") to another user's address and it becomes solidified as grounds for a link.

I don't doubt that a lot of these cases are cases of alts sending one another coin/tokens and I don't accept the "we had a trade and we lost the logs" argument for obvious reasons. However, I am absolutely sure that there is a significant portion of these cases which are false positives.

You need to use good judgment when reviewing blockchain links.

I assume you are referring to people sending ERC20 tokens to a central address. When you have one account sending tokens to an address associated with another account in a single instance, this is very clearly insufficient evidence to support they two accounts are alts of eachother. If one account sends every ERC20 token they ever receive to another account, this is probably still insufficient evidence alone to support the two are alts, although when used in conjunction with other evidence, a connection may be made; however this will show the two accounts likely live in the same time zone, and may know eachother IRL. I would speculate that when you have a very small number of accounts consistently making A --> B transactions, most of the time they probably are friends IRL, and one of them is simply cashing out their earnings. Even if there is one person with two or three accounts "abusing" bounty campaigns, in the grand scheme of things, they probably are not doing very much damage, and are probably not really hurting anyone.

However when you have many accounts, perhaps more than 15 or so, and they are all sending tokens to a single address that does not clearly belong to one of them, this is decent evidence they are part of a single farm. Again, you need to use good judgment when reviewing this, and should try to rule things out such as that the coins are being sent to an exchange, and that the accounts are not receiving any kind of coin shortly after sending their tokens to the central ETH address. I think there are a lot of instances in which there are many more than 15 accounts involved, some people have posted about there being hundreds of accounts, and I would speculate in many cases they are being run by bots of some sort.

I don't think trying to hunt for the above farms is a good use of resources though. I speculate there are tens if not hundreds of thousands of these mass farmed accounts. I also speculate they are often "hired" by those ultimately behind ICOs as a way to increase social media chatter regarding their ICO, and that in many cases, calling these accounts out (including tagging them) will have little/no impact on their ability to continue doing what they have been doing. There was a NY times article a few months ago that talked about how some people were buying up twitter followers in order to improve their twitter presence, and one company they bought from would often buy up twitter accounts from other "suppliers"; the article talked about how it would be possible to spot someone who had purchased many twitter followers by looking at registration data of a person's followers. I would not be surprised if similar shady business is going on around here in regards to ICOs. I think the solution is both remove incentives to farm accounts via shit posts, and to create incentives to not farm accounts via shit posts -- a big part of this would be for theymos to monetize the forum much more than he is currently.
endlasuresh

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 07:52:23 AM

Pharmacist called me I am an alt of QS, yep while posting against scams they call everyone as alt of QS.
I don't recall this, but I'll take your word for it.  Usually I don't make an outright accusation and usually just insinuate that a person might be one of Quickseller's alt accounts based on posting style and the position the account takes on certain matters.  Sometimes it's pretty obvious, since QS is generally well-spoken although completely deluded.  I have a feeling he's autistic, though not on the more impaired end of the spectrum.  He tends to make pseudo-rational arguments for things while still ignoring any direct criticism of his arguments.  It's very strange.  

I would point out that QS is known to have multiple alts.  gorgon666 is one of those, though there are others that have been identified.  Off the top of my head, I can't remember the other ones he controls.  I've suspected for a while now that he now owns the tomatocage account.

Can you provide a link to where I accused you of being a QS alt?
 In any event, I doubt it stuck since I don't even remember doing so.

What does QS just sit home all day farming accounts?
Yes.
That's my take, too.  It's kind of surprising since it's always been my impression that QS owns a ton of bitcoin.  If I had as much money as I think QS has, I probably wouldn't be frequenting any internet forum.  I'd be out shopping for nice clothes and otherwise be spending my money in creative ways.  Then again, QS is either very autistic or a complete sociopath, and behavior patterns of such individuals are unpredictable.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2751956.msg34946418#msg34946418

For Telugu Translation Contact to me
whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:41:24 AM
Merited by actmyname (1)

Full KYC with cavity search for bounty hunters.

OR

Ban bounties, signatures, and avatars. Also ban Quicksy, just for kicks.

OR

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4893744.0

i second that. lets do it

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: