Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:48:21 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thread : HOW TO PROTECT YOURS BITCOIN & ALTCOINS !  (Read 460 times)
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:18:49 PM

I still believe non of the medium through which you can store your crypto is 100% safe. in as much as you will need to transfer the crypto via internet, you are at risk of losing your coin. the only difference among all these wallet is the variation in risk level. hardware wallet for me is still the best although it is not 100% safe as well so far you need to connect the wallet to computer at one point if you need to send crypto. from experience I discovered that out of 10 of my friend trading crypto, 9 of them is having a virus call coinminer on their computer. you may never know this until you run malwarebyte on your system.
kamoto

Activity: 122
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:48:05 PM

In fact, a lot of things here you will not do. At the moment, every owner of large funds in crypto-currencies is at risk of being robbed. The safest thing that anyone can do is store money on purses (preferably on paid flash drives). In this case, the likelihood of theft must fall. However, 100 percent is not protected
BlackHills41

Activity: 68

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:09:41 PM

In the matter of protection we should always be very much conservative because all of our coins are store there and this kind of posts are every much effective.
A Feeder

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 02:00:31 PM

I'll gives some tips to protect your altcoins and bitcoin, the first is use the ledger wallet  is the needed and use for businessman or a conglomerate it will really help us, second I always do the same in every exchange and website I'd properly use my amount to evade hacking, and also third make a hard and difficult password and don't give you keys to anyone specially to people you don't know.
BlockchainGod

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 02:24:34 PM

Personally, I have about one bitcoin in different coins and now I keep my coins on a flash drive. I think that's enough to keep them safe.

aleksnutis

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:56:54 AM

We can use anything: desktop versions of wallets, hardware and mobile wallets, web wallets, all except exchanges. The main rule - do not allow the leakage of information. You can buy a separate computer, do not go to phishing sites, do not store passwords in the public domain.
harbin55

Activity: 615
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:12:06 PM

I used certain wallet for this like MEW and some app to check them up. I also keep my private key in multiple flashdrive and I dont know if I'm the only one here that writing it in a piece of paper and keep it into my drawer, lol. I don't know if that helps but maybe it will help in some cases though. Real money rather dollars are we talking to so we must keep it right.
rj.raj

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 10:25:49 AM

First, download a cold wallet application to a new, secure usb drive. Then, take a computer, reset it to factory setting, disconnect it from the internet and keep it offline. Last, load the cold wallet application onto the computer, keep your cryptocurrencies on that clean and offline computer.
Rebecca Viveiros

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 03:49:51 PM

That's sound good for your idea. But I still wonder about the cost of your way. Is it suitable for investors who own 1,5 -2 Bitcoin? Besides, a computer without Internet is the best way to protect Bitcoin. However, investors need research obviously before storing Bitcoin.
Gary Menezes

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 03:50:57 PM

I think your idea is quite properly for some investors. However, I still believe in wallet to protect my Bitcoin. But if investors don't have enough money to buy wallet,they can apply your way.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 04:20:21 PM

I believe that anything that has the internet connectivity is not so secure and hence I am a great fan of offline wallets. I am using the paper wallet as my cold storage wallet and Trezor hardware wallet as the secondary device to hold funds. I am also using web wallets but never hold more than 5% of total funds there. One should always remember the fact that crypto is all about self-responsibility and he is responsible for the consequences arising out of his actions.
Globalbitcoinl

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 07:08:14 AM

I believe that the cryptocurrency should be stored on the phone and on the computer only in the amount that is necessary for calculations
RockerNun

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 01:35:16 PM

I bought a Ledger purse when I reached about $ 200 on my investment. But that does not mean I will not use a desktop wallet or access my money with a browser. Just be careful when dealing with transactions and you will be safe. And I still use it to store money. Ledger is the only option I would suggst to anyone if the coins he is holding are supported by it. This is just a little information. Your suggestion is good but you really need to check out what's already in this forum. If you use 3 of them together it will be the most powerful way I believe and the hacking ability will be very little.
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 04:19:23 PM

Hello guys !

I'm going to write the main things you need to do to protect yours bitcoins & altcoins.

First of all , let me advice you something:

If you hold less than 1.5/2 BTC , do not buy a ledger wallet or others stuffs like that.
For me , it's a lake of money , really.

So , let me introduce you the differents ways to hold your cryptocurencies. (from the safest to the less safe) :
  • 1 :   Ledger .
    I won't introduce more Ledger , Google is your friend.
  • 2 : Mobile Application :
    Bread !
    Really easy to use , and it's safe , with 2FA Authentificator , for example.
  • 3 : Desktop Wallet !

If you want to use it , just go on the website of your cryptocurrencies , and look for the desktop wallets !
    For example , for bitcoin , electrum is really good !
    Just do some research if you want to know !

Ps: Desktop Wallet could be safer than a mobile application if the computer isn't connected to internet ! (the goal of the computer is only to store cryptocurencies : no virus !  Wink  )
  • 4: Exchanges :

The worst way to store yours cryptocurencies ... Store in exchanges , like Binance , ....

If you do that , PLEASE , follow this rules :
    • Use a strong Password ! (symbols , nombers , letters )
    • Use 2FA AUTHENTIFICATOR

Have a nice day guys Smiley

Yes, it is very important to know how you gonna store your cryptocurrency coins safely.
Using mobile wallet is easier, but it is not the best security wallet. Using exchange is safe because usually exchange using cold storage.
If you have money, hard wallet is the best option for storing any crypto coins because you don't have to download the blockchain data like in desktop wallet.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 05:39:27 PM

If you hold less than 1.5/2 BTC , do not buy a ledger wallet or others stuffs like that.

I don't understand this advice. A ledger costs less than $100. I would say if you are holding even a few thousand dollars worth of Bitcoin, especially long-term, then a ledger or other hardware wallet is a good investment.

Same here, I feel that spending $100 on a hardware wallet is definitely worthwhile to secure your investment. Apart from Bitcoin, there are other altcoins supported by Ledger.
nidacoinlove

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 05:50:19 PM

I don't understand this advice. A ledger costs less than $100. I would say if you are holding even a few thousand dollars worth of Bitcoin, especially long-term, then a ledger or other hardware wallet is a good investment.

Same here, I feel that spending $100 on a hardware wallet is definitely worthwhile to secure your investment. Apart from Bitcoin, there are other altcoins supported by Ledger.
There is no other option except a ledger, which almost everyone on the forum knows is the best thing to keep your digital assets in. When it comes to security then spending a few bucks don't mean a lot. All we need is to secure our crypto in a ledger but never use a second hand ledger. Always buy it from authentic dealer so that you may not face any theft of your assets in the future.
atariguy

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 01:49:34 PM

Good tips, I think many will be useful:) I would add That do not install any third-party application or program on your device
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 01:59:14 PM

There is no other option except a ledger, which almost everyone on the forum knows is the best thing to keep your digital assets in. When it comes to security then spending a few bucks don't mean a lot. All we need is to secure our crypto in a ledger but never use a second hand ledger. Always buy it from authentic dealer so that you may not face any theft of your assets in the future.

$100 is hardly considered "a few bucks"! and that is when using a hardware wallet is not the only option and it is not the most secure option even! the most secure option will always bee a physical storage as in printing an encrypted key on a piece of paper.
hardware wallets are only suitable for those who want to be lazier while having constant access to their funds. otherwise for a less lazy person with long term investment paper wallet is better.

There is a FOMO brewing...
adpinbr

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 02:13:05 PM

Well, I think you should have gave us or sent us more information, it lacks by a lot and we can't fully rely on Google as it contains inaccurate information, and for Ledger, it is a hardware wallet, and I can say that buying a hardware wallet is extremely secured, just learn to keep it in a safe place, and with the other wallets, desktop and mobile wallets, it is secured also, however it works in the internet and therefore it can't be FULLY SECURED, since it can be breached or hacked, be aware and have vigilance around the web.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
rodskee

Activity: 2408
Merit: 202

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 02:13:30 PM

This not an advise
This a destroying for the exchange they said from their statement
This is propaganda promoting electrum to store people in the electrum platform
I adivise to the OP of this thread be fair do not destroy other platform use ufair strategy

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: