Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:50:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why are profits dropping so fast?  (Read 3925 times)
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:55:20 AM

As a trader I am happy, half the equation is buy low  Wink

Though on the negative side I think the market is over saturated with 100s of coins all filling the same niche. Too many coins, too many premine pump n dump scams run in a row.

If people stop buying the pump n dump scamcoins for quick profits and went after more established coins the overall market conditions would be better.

Last time we had this point a few articles in the press boosted the market, but again we've hit saturation point where not enough new monies coming in....what will turn it around this time?

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mazuma

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:33:28 AM

i agree 100% with  kelsey. I think in time (soon hopefully), what you said will become reality. How much longer can this shit go on, i for one am all for it, since i mine to support crypto, something on the side, sometimes i make returns, sometimes i dont. Most of these fucking newbz go on reddit and are promised make money while you sleep schemes making rigs and when shit  turns sour, morons like OP post this shit up. Its like pump and dumps go hand in hand with these posts.

Edit : as a trader aswell, im buying a few different coins at this point because i think in time shits going to pick up again. Only the strong will survive
DubFX

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:28:58 AM

ALL CRYPTO COINS ARE DEAD

TIME TO CUT LOSSES AND SELL ALL YOUR GPU'S NOW ON EBAY.

~BCX~

***True statements are always in caps, red and 16+ bold font.
This statement seems as legit as it could be...the bigger font=the legitter.
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:21:17 AM

I'm running currently 7200kh/s and i dont see reaching the ROI as expected within 2 months..
well THERE's your problem....

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
bigblind (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:23:18 PM

i agree 100% with  kelsey. I think in time (soon hopefully), what you said will become reality. How much longer can this shit go on, i for one am all for it, since i mine to support crypto, something on the side, sometimes i make returns, sometimes i dont. Most of these fucking newbz go on reddit and are promised make money while you sleep schemes making rigs and when shit  turns sour, morons like OP post this shit up. Its like pump and dumps go hand in hand with these posts.

Edit : as a trader aswell, im buying a few different coins at this point because i think in time shits going to pick up again. Only the strong will survive

wow dude, can't you argument on an objective way? I'm just trying to learn a little more about crypto. stop being such a moron.

I'm also seeing the altcoinmarket critical how it has been emerging the last weeks. I just want to know which factors might play a role for a price of altcoins compared to bitcoins (because they don't seem to have any viable role for future, except maybe new algorythms like VTC and so on)

Reaching ROI shouldnt be the bigger problem (as I don't calculate with ROI mainly at all) - and after all I'm also doing it to be part of that community and because I want to see where it will be lead to in the next months/years worldwide and political wise.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:31:29 PM

you can still reach roi pretty fast, just be there when a new coin is launched, that's all you need
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:41:22 PM

In every crisis there is an opportunity to profit. Someone else's loss is your gain. If I had the fiat currency to afford it, I would be buying up bitcoin right now and stuffing my boots with the most promising altcoins on the market, and then wait for Bitcoin's price to inevitably rise, along with my altcoin portfolio.

As it stands, you're not really going to profit from this current lull unless you put fiat into BTC, or already had a good amount of BTC before the price crash, as everything in cryptocurrency more or less falls along with BTC. There are a few exceptions where some altcoins have remained relatively price stable (PMC for example, but I am sure there are others), so I would feel safer investing in those stable altcoins right now, as I expect them to go up once market confidence in BTC comes back.

I'm almost certain it will come back. In the absolute worst case situation, if BTC were to fall off the face of the earth, another coin will take its place. Crypto is here to stay.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:56:14 PM

More and more Scrypt asics raping the market each day with auto-exchanging profit-switching pools.
Look at greed seed and USB script/sha256 miners.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
raizor

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

Some people just want to watch the world dance.

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:19:17 PM

I'm running currently 7200kh/s and i dont see reaching the ROI as expected within 2 months..
well THERE's your problem....

Hahaha. Indeed. A little patience is a good thing.
eddilicious

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:18:27 PM

~BCX~

Really , all of them?  Including BTC ?
Cause off all cryptos , bitcoin is the only one that has already died four or five times.

I am thinking bitcoin is the biggest problem. when btc drops 10%, all other crypto drops 20% or 70%. and when we look coinwarz, the whole gang of SHA-256 coins are forever at the bottom of the profitability chart(I use 10GHz for SHA256 and 500k for Scrypt). ASIC takes over is not a good thing for SHA-256 in a whole. it is just a matter of time for it to finally kill bitcoin.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:53:27 PM

~BCX~

Cause off all cryptos , bitcoin is the only one that has already died four or five times.

I am thinking bitcoin is the biggest problem. when btc drops 10%, all other crypto drops 20% or 70%. and when we look coinwarz, the whole gang of SHA-256 coins are forever at the bottom of the profitability chart(I use 10GHz for SHA256 and 500k for Scrypt). ASIC takes over is not a good thing for SHA-256 in a whole. it is just a matter of time for it to finally kill bitcoin.

When are you all going to understand that mining isn't related to the price of the coins?

And when bitcoin we'll be "killed" you will kiss your sorry ass copy clones goodbye too.

Shitclones are dropping faster because people are getting scared and they rush to buy btc to convert them to usd. Simple as that.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
eddilicious

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:09:26 PM

~BCX~

When are you all going to understand that mining isn't related to the price of the coins?

And when bitcoin we'll be "killed" you will kiss your sorry ass copy clones goodbye too.

Shitclones are dropping faster because people are getting scared and they rush to buy btc to convert them to usd. Simple as that.

the key phrase here is "convert them to usd", that is when ppl lose confidence on the crypto coin altogether.

the reason why the rest is falling faster, because all devs were focused on copying new coins, no real development happens in whole alt world. that is pure speculations for every one who read this thread.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:15:08 PM

~BCX~

the key phrase here is "convert them to usd", that is when ppl lose confidence on the crypto coin altogether.

the reason why the rest is falling faster, because all devs were focused on copying new coins, no real development happens in whole alt world. that is pure speculations for every one who read this thread.

Devs?  Don't use that word for the alt coins. There are so few real devs working on them i need to cut my fingers to count them properly.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
eddilicious

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:26:43 PM

~BCX~

Devs?  Don't use that word for the alt coins. There are so few real devs working on them i need to cut my fingers to count them properly.

agree. For a dev, it takes at least a couple months to learn about a protocol, and 1 year or 2 part time to develop something funny, or useful that can build up the follower base. The problem for all alter is, there are too many, changing face too fast. before someone spend time to understand the protocol, it has been dumped into abyss already. no real progress can be made. and no one bother to do it, the common sentence here is, we are all here for the money, right?

it is not just about shitcoin, it is about shit community too.
silvestar
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:54:34 PM

~BCX~

agree. For a dev, it takes at least a couple months to learn about a protocol, and 1 year or 2 part time to develop something funny, or useful that can build up the follower base. The problem for all alter is, there are too many, changing face too fast. before someone spend time to understand the protocol, it has been dumped into abyss already. no real progress can be made. and no one bother to do it, the common sentence here is, we are all here for the money, right?

it is not just about shitcoin, it is about shit community too.

true lol.
niteglider

Activity: 126

Lean into the curves.

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:55:58 PM

While btc wallows around, the alts are weak too, even thought their values are pegged to btc and not to usd.  Notice that the stock market is rising, as well as silver and gold. Could it be that the timid money has headed for the exits and that people have stashed their cash back in traditional investments?  I think that with alts at lows, this is a great time to put btcs into promising alts and wait for the tide to rise again.

mazuma

Activity: 311

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:14:03 PM

wow dude, can't you argument on an objective way? I'm just trying to learn a little more about crypto. stop being such a moron.

I'm also seeing the altcoinmarket critical how it has been emerging the last weeks. I just want to know which factors might play a role for a price of altcoins compared to bitcoins (because they don't seem to have any viable role for future, except maybe new algorythms like VTC and so on)

Reaching ROI shouldnt be the bigger problem (as I don't calculate with ROI mainly at all) - and after all I'm also doing it to be part of that community and because I want to see where it will be lead to in the next months/years worldwide and political wise.

My reply to u is still the same. Go fuck urself. Ur a fucking hypocrite.  Taking about learning crypto yet your post reeks of crying about dropping profits.  If you were about the community you wouldnt be bitching.
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:26:50 PM

There are multiple factors: the Mt. Gox insolvency and bankruptcy, the over-saturation of clonecoins, a lot of newcomers looking to get as much as possible with short-term gains, and Scrypt ASICs.

Don't get me wrong though, the profits right now are still pretty comparable to a year ago.

That said, don't expect to make ROI that quickly in general in the GPU mining scene.
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:28:08 PM

you can still reach roi pretty fast, just be there when a new coin is launched, that's all you need

And a pinch of luck. Not all coins are winners. Hehe.
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:06:53 PM

You guys want to take a look at DigitalCoin again. No premine, no scam, active development since June last year.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: