Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:42:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best hardware seller  (Read 904 times)
BigPlol (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:18:58 AM

Hello Guy´s,

I want to spend about 20-30K$ on Bitcoing Mining hardware.

Is it possible to make a living out of that?

Where can I buy potent hardware (or should i buy GPU´s and build it myself?)

Please help Cheesy

Best regards
P
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 11:20:04 AM

See my sig for manufacturer trustworthiness. Antminers are probably the only thing that will turn you a profit.

BigPlol (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:34:35 AM

Hey, so from one of your links, I found this thing Smiley

https://www.kncminer.com/categories/miners

It is the 3000 Gh/s miner, for 9xxx $

That would be one that would be in price range and I could buy 2-3 of them.

Is this thing alright?

Thanks for your fast help!
Threader

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:54:29 PM

Ask yourself " do they ship in 48 hours after you paid?"
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:48:52 PM

Asking for advice here will only profit you if you determine what the crowd thinks, then do the math to understand why it will lose money and then take your own counsel to find a profitable path from what you have learned.

Dogie, for example is a fly by night seller of used hardware out of his dorm room.  Any mining he does is because he is stuck with over-priced crap he couldn't pawn off on an unsuspecting victim.  And he is a paragon of integrity when compared to many of the other suppliers and retailers of ASICs.  Everyone lies, especially about schedule, and once they have your money you will NEVER hear from them again.

When you get your hardware is everything, because the first 45 days of operation will be more profitable than the remaining life of the hardware.

The only way to profit from mining at this point in time is if Bitcoin rises in price.  And if it falls you will be very screwed.  Better to have BTC in your pocket that can be sold when prices go up, than the promise of a machine that will make bitcoin at some future date when bitcoin might have gone back down again.
thomashrev89

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 06:44:39 PM

Asking for advice here will only profit you if you determine what the crowd thinks, then do the math to understand why it will lose money and then take your own counsel to find a profitable path from what you have learned.

Dogie, for example is a fly by night seller of used hardware out of his dorm room.  Any mining he does is because he is stuck with over-priced crap he couldn't pawn off on an unsuspecting victim.  And he is a paragon of integrity when compared to many of the other suppliers and retailers of ASICs.  Everyone lies, especially about schedule, and once they have your money you will NEVER hear from them again.

When you get your hardware is everything, because the first 45 days of operation will be more profitable than the remaining life of the hardware.

The only way to profit from mining at this point in time is if Bitcoin rises in price.  And if it falls you will be very screwed.  Better to have BTC in your pocket that can be sold when prices go up, than the promise of a machine that will make bitcoin at some future date when bitcoin might have gone back down again.

this guy got much truthiness

Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:30:59 PM

Hey, so from one of your links, I found this thing Smiley

https://www.kncminer.com/categories/miners

It is the 3000 Gh/s miner, for 9xxx $

That would be one that would be in price range and I could buy 2-3 of them.

Is this thing alright?

Thanks for your fast help!
You understand that the Neptune miner doesn't exist yet, right?  "Q2" shipping means it could be as late as 30 June 2014.

Many Bitcoin ASIC miners are a pre-order.  That is, the device you are ordering does not exist, and you are paying/investing for the research and development.  You put your trust in the company... trust that they have the ability to complete the project and successfully deliver a miner.  Trust that they aren't a scam and won't just run away with your money.  (This is a general comment, not directed towards KnCMiner.  I have personally ordered and received their previous-generation Jupiter product.)

Slowly, the Bitcoin ASIC miner industry is moving towards an in-stock ordering model, just like normal consumer products.  That means that they have the miner in stock, and will ship it ASAP (e.g. within 2 days) upon receipt of your order.  We can help this process if we only buy in-stock products!

Apart from the fact that you will probably do better just buying BTC directly, if you really want to get into the mining game: why not buy from a company with miners in stock?  For example, an AntMiner S1 from Bitmain, as per Dogie's recommendation.  I have one, it is a great unit and was easy to overclock to 200 GH/s.  Or perhaps look for a good deal on a second-hand miner?  

See my sig for manufacturer trustworthiness. Antminers are probably the only thing that will turn you a profit.

At the end of the day it's your call.  If you understand the risks and still want to take a crap-shoot on a pre-order, that's fine.  Caveat emptor - "Let the buyer beware!"  Just don't come back in June and complain because you haven't got your Neptune yet!  

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:41:53 PM

+1 Accurate comparison

But OP needs to do a lot of research before spending more than $60 on an asic.

Buy one of those antminer usbs and after a month of mining decide if you want to spend more. *still would never advise spending 30k on mining as there is a huge chance it returns a fraction of what you invest.
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:04:57 AM

If you are like me you won't listen to anyone who tells you just to buy btc.  You got the mine bug.
Never-the-Less, I recommend you just buy btc.  A coin or two each day.

iBut, If you are desperate to mine - spend $13000 on 15 Antminers and 5x 1350w PSU's.
Rent a cabinet at a local data center.
That will give you 3Th.  I have about 3.9 now and gross $350-$400 a day with current difficulty.
But do your own math.
Take the balance of you money and buy BTC at $500-1000 a day until it runs out.

Make sure you are not spending any money that you can't afford to lose.  Because you very well could lose it.
clenell

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:10:52 AM

dont buy from AMT. trust me.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 01:15:39 AM

^_^ I knew there was a reason you were on my ignore list. I haven't advertised anything significant for 6 months, and everything ever sold was sold at market price? Notsurewhatyouweretryingtogetat.

Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:32:04 AM

^_^ I knew there was a reason you were on my ignore list. I haven't advertised anything significant for 6 months, and everything ever sold was sold at market price? Notsurewhatyouweretryingtogetat.

Just using you as a bad example.

If I was on your ignore list you wouldn't have wasted my time responding.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 01:49:18 AM

Just using you as a bad example.

If I was on your ignore list you wouldn't have wasted my time responding.
Ok. But I saw it in the post of the guy below you quoting. Maybe you spammed in a manufacturer thread or something.

solitude

Activity: 674
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:51:19 AM

The only way to profit from mining at this point in time is if Bitcoin rises in price.
Good post overall but this isn't true if you paid for your miner with bitcoins.  All I care about is making more than 2.9 bitcoins with the two Antminers I paid 2.9 bitcoins for.  Bitcoin value will sort itself out over time.  My guess would be 1 bitcoin will be worth well over $1k in the not-too-distant-future.

I bought a couple coins when they were 10 bucks each, of course I regret not buying more.  I'm jealous as fuck of you guys who bought/mined dozens of bitcoins in the early days.

I think the fact that the new S1lk r04d is a scam-haven is indirectly affecting the value of bitcoin

Hardly anyone speaks English on this forum.
BigPlol (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:58:04 AM

Okay, now I am confused as hell^^

If I would buy miners (in Stock miners) so that I have about 3-4 TH/s, that would be about 6-9 BTC per month (to some calculators out there)
If I take the lower average of this number, 7 BTC per month.

7 BTC per month would be about 3850$ per month. A buddy of mine would buy the exactly same amount. So we would have again 7 BTC for him.

So i Could buy every 3 month more mining power. But how much is the decrease? I know that the longer it goes on, the difficulty increases.

I want to have at the end of the Year about 10 TH/s in power. With my buddy combined 20 TH/s.

Would that not be enough of making a living out of it?

Would we need more? Or is it just mining to make a profit in high balances suck? Cheesy

Kind regards
P
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 11:18:34 AM

Every 11 days, income would decrease ~30%. Then again, and again, and again.

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:21:31 AM

Okay, now I am confused as hell^^

If I would buy miners (in Stock miners) so that I have about 3-4 TH/s, that would be about 6-9 BTC per month (to some calculators out there)
If I take the lower average of this number, 7 BTC per month.

7 BTC per month would be about 3850$ per month. A buddy of mine would buy the exactly same amount. So we would have again 7 BTC for him.

So i Could buy every 3 month more mining power. But how much is the decrease? I know that the longer it goes on, the difficulty increases.

I want to have at the end of the Year about 10 TH/s in power. With my buddy combined 20 TH/s.

Would that not be enough of making a living out of it?

Would we need more? Or is it just mining to make a profit in high balances suck? Cheesy

Kind regards
P

You could probably end up with 20TH by the end of the year. Problem is you will be earning around what you pay in electricity by that time.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:24:38 AM

Personally,all ASIC's ATM are overpriced & use too much power,better to wait a month or two or three & see what miners are available then.They will use a lot less power & be a lot faster.

Or,if power is of little concern,buy semi outdated miners (used) on the cheap.

Also if you do buy miners now,be ready to flip em every 2 months or sooner to the next best thing that comes out.Its a vicious cycle ATM to keep power costs down & hashrate up  Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:16:34 PM

+1

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: